Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    My post wasn't in jest. I think the 6 seed is definitely a possibility. IF the Isles stay hot I don't see why they can't get there.

And again, I really hate to even put it out there, but the Isles have a more favorable schedule (opponent-wise) than any of the contenders for the last 3 playoff seeds.

It's all right there for the taking. Now it's just a matter of grabbing it.
    Agree with all you said.

I thought I said with Ottawa struggling lately, the 6th seed is within reach. Actually, that could be a great first round matchup - 6th vs 3rd. 3rd seed is likely to have finished with less points than the 6th.

Also, what's the tie breaker? From the standings, looks like the Isles and Rags have identical W-L records.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Agree with all you said.

I thought I said with Ottawa struggling lately, the 6th seed is within reach. Actually, that could be a great first round matchup - 6th vs 3rd. 3rd seed is likely to have finished with less points than the 6th.

Also, what's the tie breaker? From the standings, looks like the Isles and Rags have identical W-L records.
    6th seed will play the South division winner - looking more and more like the Caps now. Worth fighting for to avoid Pittsburgh (certain death) or Montreal (maybe Boston), almost certain death.

First tie breaker after total points is regulation or OT wins. They are tied there. I believe the next is head to head points, which the Rangers hold the advantage.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

6th seed will play the South division winner - looking more and more like the Caps now. Worth fighting for to avoid Pittsburgh (certain death) or Montreal (maybe Boston), almost certain death.

First tie breaker after total points is regulation or OT wins. They are tied there. I believe the next is head to head points, which the Rangers hold the advantage.
    I don't disagree, but the Caps are perhaps the hottest team around. If Montreal overtakes Boston, I'm not sure that the 6th seed is any safer than 7th. At this point though, the higher the better as far as I'm concerned.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't disagree, but the Caps are perhaps the hottest team around. If Montreal overtakes Boston, I'm not sure that the 6th seed is any safer than 7th. At this point though, the higher the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Hotter than the Islanders?

Hall Of Fame
    Isles win

Philly likely out of it

Buffalo losing so they're likely out

Carolina loses and out.

So the last three road games in Philly, Carolina and Buffalo won't be hostile atmosphere. Hopefully they'll call up some rookies.

Ottawa down by one after two periods - that would be sweet

Winnipeg making me nervous. Huge game in Winn on 20th.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 04-09-2013 at 11:04 PM.

All League
    This team is playing so well lately it is scaring me......I really felt a let down was coming, and they surprised again. I love being wrong when I predict a loss for my team.

Great game by Hickey who is really turning into a solid blueliner. Both M&M's played great also. I'm still not sure why Carkner gets scratched regularly. Too bad Amac scored against us again.

All Pro
    Saturday will be a true test coming off the loss in Boston

All League
    Beat it, dingleberry.

Hall Of Fame
    ottawa loses. all the bubble teams except Isles are crapping the bed.

All League
    Great win tonight. Played a great third period. Interesting game on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    As one of the lower seeded teams, I'd almost rather finish in the 7th seed right now. Boston is still a hell of a team, but losing Bergeron is huge. As you said, Caps are red hot. My biggest concern would be staying out of the 8th seed.

All League
    ^^ I think I'd be happy with any of the top 8 seeds.

I wouldn't count the Devils out, either. They usually seem to get it done.

It will be an interesting next 2 weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Devils getting crushed in Boston

bwahahahaha

^^ I think I'd be happy with any of the top 8 seeds.

I wouldn't count the Devils out, either. They usually seem to get it done.

It will be an interesting next 2 weeks.
    Lol, after that first period, my tiny sliver of optimism is gone. Devils are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Devils getting crushed in Boston

bwahahahaha
    Bruins could roll with their 4th line the entire next 40 minutes and still win this game 3-1. Sorry we're not wearing them out at all for their game against you tomorrow.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Lol, after that first period, my tiny sliver of optimism is gone. Devils are done.
    Maybe Marty came back too soon? MB doesn't seem to be playing like the old MB. I figured Marty would carry the Devils.

Hall Of Fame
    Devils within 1

All League
    LOL, worst possible outcome in the rags game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

LOL, worst possible outcome in the rags game.
    Not really. Shoot out win doesn't count as a ROW, which means the Islanders currently hold the tie breaker.

Most important game tonight went our way. Devs lost in regulation and ended up pushing tomorrow night's opponent. I assume the Isles are waitibg for them in Boston.

All League
    Not really. Shoot out win doesn't count as a ROW, which means the Islanders currently hold the tie breaker.

Most important game tonight went our way. Devs lost in regulation and ended up pushing tomorrow night's opponent. I assume the Isles are waitibg for them in Boston.
    Great point and as brutal as it was watching the rags win in a SO, the way they played tonight, they deserved too win that one outright. I hate saying that but they outplayed the Leafs by a wide margin.
    Right now I'd be happier with the Isles having any seed and the Rags being out of it. With all of those lost years any seed is fine with me.
    Our team just needs to taste the playoffs this year. We have no chance of winning the Cup, but finally the young guns will get to play real hockey which will go a long way towards building for the future. And lets face it, this team is being built too compete when they hit Brooklyn.
    Any thoughts here on Strome being brought up? I'll go record that if we are in the run, he will be on the island.
    Guy has been tearing it up at the Bridge, especially on the point for the PP and might be able to slot on the wing next to JT. Wishful thinking on my part?