Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 957

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

  1. #281
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    My post wasn't in jest. I think the 6 seed is definitely a possibility. IF the Isles stay hot I don't see why they can't get there.

    And again, I really hate to even put it out there, but the Isles have a more favorable schedule (opponent-wise) than any of the contenders for the last 3 playoff seeds.

    It's all right there for the taking. Now it's just a matter of grabbing it.
    Agree with all you said.

    I thought I said with Ottawa struggling lately, the 6th seed is within reach. Actually, that could be a great first round matchup - 6th vs 3rd. 3rd seed is likely to have finished with less points than the 6th.


    Also, what's the tie breaker? From the standings, looks like the Isles and Rags have identical W-L records.

  2. #282
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Agree with all you said.

    I thought I said with Ottawa struggling lately, the 6th seed is within reach. Actually, that could be a great first round matchup - 6th vs 3rd. 3rd seed is likely to have finished with less points than the 6th.


    Also, what's the tie breaker? From the standings, looks like the Isles and Rags have identical W-L records.
    6th seed will play the South division winner - looking more and more like the Caps now. Worth fighting for to avoid Pittsburgh (certain death) or Montreal (maybe Boston), almost certain death.

    First tie breaker after total points is regulation or OT wins. They are tied there. I believe the next is head to head points, which the Rangers hold the advantage.

  3. #283
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    6th seed will play the South division winner - looking more and more like the Caps now. Worth fighting for to avoid Pittsburgh (certain death) or Montreal (maybe Boston), almost certain death.

    First tie breaker after total points is regulation or OT wins. They are tied there. I believe the next is head to head points, which the Rangers hold the advantage.
    I don't disagree, but the Caps are perhaps the hottest team around. If Montreal overtakes Boston, I'm not sure that the 6th seed is any safer than 7th. At this point though, the higher the better as far as I'm concerned.

  4. #284
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't disagree, but the Caps are perhaps the hottest team around. If Montreal overtakes Boston, I'm not sure that the 6th seed is any safer than 7th. At this point though, the higher the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Hotter than the Islanders?

  5. #285
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    Isles win

    Philly likely out of it

    Buffalo losing so they're likely out

    Carolina loses and out.

    So the last three road games in Philly, Carolina and Buffalo won't be hostile atmosphere. Hopefully they'll call up some rookies.

    Ottawa down by one after two periods - that would be sweet

    Winnipeg making me nervous. Huge game in Winn on 20th.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 04-09-2013 at 11:04 PM.

  6. #286
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,706
    This team is playing so well lately it is scaring me......I really felt a let down was coming, and they surprised again. I love being wrong when I predict a loss for my team.

    Great game by Hickey who is really turning into a solid blueliner. Both M&M's played great also. I'm still not sure why Carkner gets scratched regularly. Too bad Amac scored against us again.

  7. #287
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,758
    Saturday will be a true test coming off the loss in Boston

  8. #288
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,272
    Beat it, dingleberry.

  9. #289
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    ottawa loses. all the bubble teams except Isles are crapping the bed.

  10. #290
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,272
    Great win tonight. Played a great third period. Interesting game on Thursday.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I don't disagree, but the Caps are perhaps the hottest team around. If Montreal overtakes Boston, I'm not sure that the 6th seed is any safer than 7th. At this point though, the higher the better as far as I'm concerned.
    As one of the lower seeded teams, I'd almost rather finish in the 7th seed right now. Boston is still a hell of a team, but losing Bergeron is huge. As you said, Caps are red hot. My biggest concern would be staying out of the 8th seed.

  12. #292
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,272
    ^^ I think I'd be happy with any of the top 8 seeds.

    I wouldn't count the Devils out, either. They usually seem to get it done.

    It will be an interesting next 2 weeks.

  13. #293
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    Devils getting crushed in Boston


    bwahahahaha

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    ^^ I think I'd be happy with any of the top 8 seeds.

    I wouldn't count the Devils out, either. They usually seem to get it done.

    It will be an interesting next 2 weeks.
    Lol, after that first period, my tiny sliver of optimism is gone. Devils are done.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Devils getting crushed in Boston


    bwahahahaha
    Bruins could roll with their 4th line the entire next 40 minutes and still win this game 3-1. Sorry we're not wearing them out at all for their game against you tomorrow.

  16. #296
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Lol, after that first period, my tiny sliver of optimism is gone. Devils are done.
    Maybe Marty came back too soon? MB doesn't seem to be playing like the old MB. I figured Marty would carry the Devils.

  17. #297
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,109
    Devils within 1

  18. #298
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,272
    LOL, worst possible outcome in the rags game.

  19. #299
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    LOL, worst possible outcome in the rags game.
    Not really. Shoot out win doesn't count as a ROW, which means the Islanders currently hold the tie breaker.

    Most important game tonight went our way. Devs lost in regulation and ended up pushing tomorrow night's opponent. I assume the Isles are waitibg for them in Boston.

  20. #300
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Not really. Shoot out win doesn't count as a ROW, which means the Islanders currently hold the tie breaker.

    Most important game tonight went our way. Devs lost in regulation and ended up pushing tomorrow night's opponent. I assume the Isles are waitibg for them in Boston.
    Great point and as brutal as it was watching the rags win in a SO, the way they played tonight, they deserved too win that one outright. I hate saying that but they outplayed the Leafs by a wide margin.
    Right now I'd be happier with the Isles having any seed and the Rags being out of it. With all of those lost years any seed is fine with me.
    Our team just needs to taste the playoffs this year. We have no chance of winning the Cup, but finally the young guns will get to play real hockey which will go a long way towards building for the future. And lets face it, this team is being built too compete when they hit Brooklyn.
    Any thoughts here on Strome being brought up? I'll go record that if we are in the run, he will be on the island.
    Guy has been tearing it up at the Bridge, especially on the point for the PP and might be able to slot on the wing next to JT. Wishful thinking on my part?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us