Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Isles heading for another losing season..no playoffs... yet another top 5 draft pick who will either be a goalie or another stiff who can't score...Hey Brooklyn..have fun with this bunch !!
    I thought being a JETS fan was tough.... thank God Im a Rangers fan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I thought being a JETS fan was tough.... thank God Im a Rangers fan.
    As a Jets, Mets and Islander fan, its been a long year. But I like to look at the bright side. At least this season, the Islanders were in playoff contention until the first week in february.

Could you imagine if they actually had a good talent evaluator ( not a backup goalie as GM ). With all these top 5 draft picks they could have been building another dynasty...what a waste.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Could you imagine if they actually had a good talent evaluator ( not a backup accountant as GM ). With all these top 5 draft picks they could have been building another dynasty...what a waste.....
    Fixed so it could be posted in the MAIN forum.

All League
    Sigh.... This team is more pathetic to watch than the Jets.

Is Snow going to fire another coach ??!!....Hey Garth, time to look in the mirror....

All League
    Is Snow going to fire another coach ??!!....Hey Garth, time to look in the mirror....
    Exactly. He's had over 6 years, and one trip to the playoffs, none in the last 5 years, and looking like 6 in a row.

There's gotta be a better answer in net. No one can seem to make a key save.

All League
    Im not a baseball fan, but someone on an isles board wrote

"With my many years of experience as a Mets/Jets/Isles fan my rule is have fun but expect the worst at all times.. Enjoy the victories it's ok to have hope and root/cheer/go crazy wanting them to win but at the same time know that god hates you and you'll never ever be happy so it's not going to last. "

Lighten up, fellas......if you're going to b$tch and whine when they don't play we'll, at least show up when they rattle off 2 impressive wins in a row. Name me 1 player on the Devils or Rangers you'd trade for John Tavares right now..you can't be there isn't one. He's arguably a top 5 player in hockey at the age of 22, and he's an Islander and will be for a long time. The Isles finished at or close to .500 last year if I recall, and despite a nasty 5 game slide this year, they're only 2 points out of a playoff spot

I choose optimism

And Brooklyn is ON Long Island...what most turds don't know is LI is made up of 4 counties- Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Two nice wins on the road. One more and they're at .500....unlike past years, they can score with anyone. Just need to be more consistent in their own end.

All League
    After losing 5 in a row, the least they could do, for once, is win 5 in a row. But no, win 2, and get smoked by an average Philly team.

Nice win vs buffalo, though. They owed them that one.

They also owe Carolina one, too.

All League
    Gotta beat teams like that with a 2-0 lead.

Okposo looks like hot garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    who the hell is 6-3-1 on the road and 2-7 at home?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    who the hell is 6-3-1 on the road and 2-7 at home?
    I think last night was game 1 of a 7 game home stand. At this pace, they'll be 3-12 at home with a 9-15-1 overall just over the halfway point.

Not good enough. The other top 5 picks from the past half decade need to step up and help out Tavares.

All League
    Frustrating season.

In the Isles 11 losses so far, in 7 of them, they have lead or were tied in the third period. Can't close out games.

Maybe tonight will be different.

1-1 after one.

After losing to Boston tonight somebody has to go...there will be no playoffs again...just seems like Capuano has this team playing too tight and conservative....however, like I said, Snow is the one who needs to take the hit here...

All League
    Seasons close to half over, and there's really nothing I've seen to make me think they'll finish out of the bottom five even.

Oh well, there's always the Jets.

Never mind. Just shoot me.

Hall Of Fame
    they need to keep DP in the minors and try to humiliate him into retiring - then take his money and extend Moulson for a long-ass time.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 02-27-2013 at 11:36 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    they need to keep DP in the minors and try to humiliate him into retiring - then take his money and extend Moulson for a long-ass time.
    Never happen.

No one in their right mind would turn down $4.5m a year for the next 8 years, no matter how humiliating it might be.

And another fantastic home loss last night. Not sure if its poor defense or poor goal tending.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Never happen.

No one in their right mind would turn down $4.5m a year for the next 8 years, no matter how humiliating it might be.

And another fantastic home loss last night. Not sure if its poor defense or poor goal tending.
    I guess he had quite an interview stating he has been depressed and even thought of suicide. Pretty heartbroken about the fans hating him, and feels like the Islanders stabbed him in the heart.

He seems like a nice enough guy, but it's time to retire. I'd feel pretty bad about taking all that money for a handful of bad games every season. He's already a rich man. Go.