Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Have absolutely no idea who I should be rooting for in this Devils-Senators game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Have absolutely no idea who I should be rooting for in this Devils-Senators game.
    Devils 100%

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Devils 100%
    Yep.

Not looking good though.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Yep.

Not looking good though.
    The good news is - in terms of clinching a playoff spot - we really only have to worry about Winnipeg now.

Ottawa still has one of the toughest schedule left. Boston, Toronto and Washington twice.

Veteran
    Starting to get antsy. Anyone else? Just drop the damn puck right now.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I am so annoyed that I can't watch this game tonight....I have my sons school's auction. I'm torn between following on my phone or taping and watching. Pretty sure I won't be able to stay completely blind of the score.

If the bar has the game on, I might be camped out there.

Does Cappy start Boulton tonight? I'm torn - I love the tough lineup but he rally gives us nothing besides perhaps taking Clowe out of the game for 5 minutes.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I am so annoyed that I can't watch this game tonight....I have my sons school's auction. I'm torn between following on my phone or taping and watching. Pretty sure I won't be able to stay completely blind of the score.

If the bar has the game on, I might be camped out there.

Does Cappy start Boulton tonight? I'm torn - I love the tough lineup but he rally gives us nothing besides perhaps taking Clowe out of the game for 5 minutes.
    DVR it. I'll miss the first period minimum myself.

Like TJaTW the other day, I'm not feeling too good about this game. I hope they crush the hell out of em, but not so sure. Maybe I'm just trying to set myself up to not be pissed if they lose! Either way, can't wait!

Go Isles!

P.s. - Flyers about dead and buried. Down 1-0 with 3 to go in the third.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Here at the colliseum in Ranger blue.

There are no Islander fans.

SAR I

All League

Yale vs Quinnipiac on now, also. NCAA championship.

Go Bulldogs!

Jets Insider VIP
    as you guys know, I am certainly not an Islander fan

but

regardless of how this game turns out, the Islanders are playing a terrific hockey game tonight

and

BOTH these teams deserve to be in the postseason and BOTH have the ammunition to make some noise once they are in the postseason

All Pro
    Woo-Hoo!

fantastic game. just like old times. Hope they can somehow meet in the playoffs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tough game. They deserved to get two points, but were a bit unlucky. Anyway, one is better than none. Moving on...

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Here at the colliseum in Ranger blue.

There are no Islander fans.

SAR I
    You're out of your mind....I was there and it was at least 60/40 Islander fans. It was also one of the best regular season games I've ever seen. Lundquist was unreal. This was a gut check game for the Islanders and they came up huge. This is a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    as you guys know, I am certainly not an Islander fan

but

regardless of how this game turns out, the Islanders are playing a terrific hockey game tonight

and

BOTH these teams deserve to be in the postseason and BOTH have the ammunition to make some noise once they are in the postseason
    Totally agree. I'm a big Islander fan, but would like to see them both make it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Totally agree. I'm a big Islander fan, but would like to see them both make it.
    Maybe because I don't live in New York, thus don't have any Islander hate, but I hope they both make it too. Screw Winnipeg. USA! USA!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I was just perusing the remaining schedules of the relevant teams for us, the short story is that the Rags and Jets have fairly easy remaining schedules. The Caps, OTOH, have a brutal schedule with every game being against a playoff team or hopeful playoff team. The schedule looks as such:

Isles: Panthers, @Leafs, @Jets, @Canes, @Flyers, @Sabres

Rags: @Flyers, Panthers, @Sabres, Devils, @Panthers, @Canes, Devils

Jets: Lightning, Canes, Isles, @Sabres, @Caps, Canadiens

Caps: Leafs, @ Sens, @ Canadiens, Jets, Sens, Bruins

Sens: @Bruins, Canes, Caps, Leafs, Penguins, @Caps, Flyers

If the Isles can beat who they are supposed to beat and slip away with 2 pts in the Leafs/Jets games, they will be good to go. Haven't bothered listing the Devils - they'd need to sweep the Rangers to even have a chance and that would put the Rags at a big disadvantage.

Edit to add: I put the Senators in as well. They play the Caps twice - that could end up being real big as well.
    Last edited by crasherino; 04-15-2013 at 11:22 AM.

All League
    I was just perusing the remaining schedules of the relevant teams for us, the short story is that the Rags and Jets have fairly easy remaining schedules. The Caps, OTOH, have a brutal schedule with every game being against a playoff team or hopeful playoff team. The schedule looks as such:

If the Isles can beat who they are supposed to beat and slip away with 2 pts in the Leafs/Jets games, they will be good to go. Haven't bothered listing the Devils - they'd need to sweep the Rangers to even have a chance and that would put the Rags at a big disadvantage.

Edit to add: I put the Senators in as well. They play the Caps twice - that could end up being real big as well.
    It'll be an interesting next 2 weeks. As long as the Isles continue to play good hockey, they should get a spot.

P.S. - Grant me thread mod powers for deleting posts. I'll make it troll free.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    It'll be an interesting next 2 weeks. As long as the Isles continue to play good hockey, they should get a spot.

P.S. - Grant me thread mod powers for deleting posts. I'll make it troll free.
    So your'e saying the mods suck.

That had to be one of their best games all season and I still can't figure out how we lost.

They beat Lundquist not once, but twice through the five hole and did not score. Zeeker also beat him behind and clanked the opposite post. It had the feeling of 4-1 game but oh well.....that's why they play em.

I see they activated Finley and Strait so it should be an interesting line-up tomorrow. I just hope they keep it the same after that effort.

Wow, I didn't realize the Rags had such an easy schedule the rest of the way. That's a cakewalk, not a single playoff team in the bunch. Damn