Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And BTW, we were all pretty resounding in thinking that Poulin should have started in Pitt as a throwaway.

Giving credit where its due, Cappy looks pretty damn smart right now, eh?
    I feel we got away with one last night. Poulin did not impress me at all. That first goal he gave up... he was frozen like a statue as the puck sat there withing reach, waiting for the Jet to rifle it passed him. Otherwise the D played well and helped him out big time, imo.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not suggesting there can't be any smack talk in these forums - hell I've had to restrain myself from going over to the Rags forum to gloat. But you aren't funny, you're annoyingly repetitive and make absolutely no contributions with your crap.

In short, don't come round these here parts no more, capisce?

And this team that's headed to an outer borough has more points than that team on 7th Avenue. Don't you live in an Outer Borough?
    easy. he's upset that his lower level PSL is now worth the price of a hockey puck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Self deleted. ..crash is right...out of this place
    Last edited by sg3; 04-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I feel we got away with one last night. Poulin did not impress me at all. That first goal he gave up... he was frozen like a statue as the puck sat there withing reach, waiting for the Jet to rifle it passed him. Otherwise the D played well and helped him out big time, imo.
    Anytime we pick up a win with the kid in net we are "getting away with one". He should be in Bridgeport getting some playing time - he's not going to get rid of the jitters by riding the bench up here. Of course, Rickie is so f'n bad we don't really have a choice.

I feel dirty rooting for the Pens tonight as I really don't care for them, but that's the way it is.....

Lets go Penguins!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I was at the isles/caps playoff series in 93 whe Turgeon was checked in to the boards by dale hunter a good 4 seconds after he scored a goal. The coliseum that night was the loudest venue I have ever been at to this day.
    I was at that game also and boy was it loud. But I ended up attending every home playoff game that season and game 6 against Pit was the loudest game I have ever been to in my life.
    I remember stamping my feet up in the aluminum floor section of the arena. Yep....also known as the last row. Great times

All League
    Yeah, I've read a lot about this kid. He supposed to be real ill tempered - just what we need on the backline. Hopefully he can keep his actions in check and stay out of the box, but if he develops, we got ourselves sumthin'.

The comparison that I loved the most - a 6'4 version of Darius Kasparitis. That would be fantastic.

With all the high first round picks, its interesting that the two biggest splashes recently are a former 6th rounder and a former 3rd rounder.
    I'm hoping he can be even more than a 6'4" Kasper. He has some good offensive upside as well, with a nice booming blueline shot and some nifty moves for a big Dman.
    And oh yeah, he can also fight. Guy literally beats the Sh*t out of people.
    I think it will be a year before we see him but he needs to grow in the ahl and cut down on the stupid penalties, his biggest negative.
    But if that is his big negative I'm pretty happy. Much better than a "needs to work a lot on his skating" or "doesn't play physical".

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I was at that game also and boy was it loud. But I ended up attending every home playoff game that season and game 6 against Pit was the loudest game I have ever been to in my life.
    I remember stamping my feet up in the aluminum floor section of the arena. Yep....also known as the last row. Great times
    Awesome when they knocked Pitt out from the Three-peat!

And looks like Pitt will be on a 2 game slide. Rangers all over em, 3-0 at the end of one. Oh well!

All League
    Awesome when they knocked Pitt out from the Three-peat!

And looks like Pitt will be on a 2 game slide. Rangers all over em, 3-0 at the end of one. Oh well!
    Yeah I remember the parking lot being just as loud after the game. I believe I was chanting f@@@ the igloo with many other fans. It would be nice if the old barn has some last special moments as it nears its death.

And F the Rags.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was at that Game 6 vs PIT as well. Speaking of Kasperitis... Wow did he have a game that night...

All League
    I was at that Game 6 vs PIT as well. Speaking of Kasperitis... Wow did he have a game that night...
    The Kasperitis hip check. Wipe the opposing player right out! Don't see that now-a-days. Is that illegal now?

What do you guys think about tonights game? Isles have been playing very well recently. Which means they're due for a stinker...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The Kasperitis hip check. Wipe the opposing player right out! Don't see that now-a-days. Is that illegal now?

What do you guys think about tonights game? Isles have been playing very well recently. Which means they're due for a stinker...
    You're a pessimistic bastard, ya know that?

Just came across this stat:
    Nabokov is 12-1-2 with two shutouts, a 2.17 GAA and a .924 save pct. in his 15 career starts against the Capitals.
    Would be nice to see that continue.

I am curious as to who is skating tonight. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Lee gets taken out of the lineup in favor of Reasoner for some defense. Lee looked a bit out of place on Tuesday. Only natural considering he had exactly two practices with the team before the game.

Jesse Jonnesu is off of IR - he might get some action too. Will be interesting to see who comes out if that's the case. Having Lee AND Jonnesu play is a bit bold, IMO. The size would be real nice though.

All League
    You're a pessimistic bastard, ya know that?
    Can't help it. Jets fan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Can't help it. Jets fan.
    Don't leave out the Isles too. Mets if it applies. IIRC, Timmy is a Cubs fan. Might be the only guy who has it worse.

All League
    Don't leave out the Isles too. Mets if it applies. IIRC, Timmy is a Cubs fan. Might be the only guy who has it worse.
    Isles and Jets is enough for me.

I find baseball painfully boring and slow.

All League
    Was the caps first goal at the end of the first tipped by Tavares's stick?

Come on, fvcknuts, get your shlt together for this third period.
    Last edited by Big L; 04-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I turned it on when it went to OT. Assume we are happy with the point, right? Can't win a shoot out by not scoring goals....

All League
    Glad they got a point and everyone we needed to lose....lost. But icing Reasoner is killing me. It is painful too watch him out there....kinda like the Eric Smith of the Isles. He brings down all of his linemates and I'm just scared when I see him out there.
    Big home game coming up against TB, who now sports a new coach and netminder.
    Hope the coliseum is packed saturday.

All League
    I turned it on when it went to OT. Assume we are happy with the point, right? Can't win a shoot out by not scoring goals....
    Nabby was fantastic.

All League
    Happy with a point considering they were losing with 5 to go.

Played a very good game, came across a hot goaltender tonight. Haltby (sp?) played lights out. Nabby after a super soft first goal also played great the rest if the way.

Check out the isles goal, though. A thing of beauty it was.

All League
    Glad they got a point and everyone we needed to lose....lost. But icing Reasoner is killing me. It is painful too watch him out there....kinda like the Eric Smith of the Isles. He brings down all of his linemates and I'm just scared when I see him out there.
    Big home game coming up against TB, who now sports a new coach and netminder.
    Hope the coliseum is packed saturday.
    Ha, the Eric Smith of the Isles.

Boyes sucks a dick. What the hell was he doing out on the shoot out?