Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

All Pro
    Great game. Now, we have a series.

Hall Of Fame
    Pittsburgh embarrasses themselves further by gooning it up at the end. Team is full of douchebags.

Extremely happy for the Isles fans, exciting win from the brief glimpses I saw flipping from the Knicks game. My best friend is a long time die hard, so I've always had a soft spot for them. He made the trek out to the Coliseum by himself from Jersey tonight, pumped he got to see a thriller.

All League
    Ho-lee-shlt, what a crazy game. I dunno what to say!

Hall Of Fame
    Nassau rocking like a mother******. You won't get that at Barclay's.

All League
    I don't know what spirit has taken over Okposo, but I hope it stays around a little longer.

Iv'e never seen him play so well and if I was GM he would of been gone years ago. I love too be proven wrong.

Also a great win for the Isles fans. A long time coming and I just wish I was there.

Go Isles.....as usual another big game coming up. But it seems like we have been in the playoffs for the last two months. This team is killing me

Hall Of Fame

All League
    I was seriously bummed one minute in to the third. Threw my hands up with the "are you fvcking kidding me?". Then Kyle Claude Lemieux Okposo.... And Zeeker.... And the house is asleep so I can't jump up repeatedly and yell like an idiot....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I was seriously bummed one minute in to the third. Threw my hands up with the "are you fvcking kidding me?". Then Kyle Claude Lemieux Okposo.... And Zeeker.... And the house is asleep so I can't jump up repeatedly and yell like an idiot....
    Gotta give Nabby some credit too, he was solid down the stretch. maybe it'll carry over into game 5.

How great are the NHL playoffs especially when you have a horse in the race.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Gotta give Nabby some credit too, he was solid down the stretch. maybe it'll carry over into game 5.

How great are the NHL playoffs especially when you have a horse in the race.
    Nabby's gotta do something. Played good in the third, but has to do much better overall.

And the playoffs are definitely 10x better!

Veteran
    Great crowd tonite, the old barn was rocking. Voukon definitely starts next game.

All League
    And the playoff beard stays on a little longer!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Nabby's gotta do something. Played good in the third, but has to do much better overall.

And the playoffs are definitely 10x better!
    I agree that he needs to be better over the next three than he was during the last four, but I thought he looked sharp in the 3rd period last night. Tough break on the deflection on Dupuis' goal, but he was solid after that and made some big saves to protect the 1-goal lead.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

What a fantastic game. The Coliseum is like no other place when it is rocking. The chants at the beginning of the game were as seamless as Help -->Slip--->Frank....one going right into another. There were signs all around the Coliseum on 8" x 11" paper saying "NO DIVING"...."That means you Princess Crosby" in small letters.

If the Isles lost that game in the 3rd, I'm not sure the refs or the Penguins would have gotten out alive. It seemed ready to boil over. I did a quick re-watch of the game and while there were some calls that were overlooked, they were not nearly as egregious as they appeared at full speed. After one specific missed call, a bottle came flying from the stands onto the ice. That one was at least partially full and had some momentum. A few others followed to the point where they made an announcement that the Isles could be penalized if it continues.

If the Pens came back and won, it would have been bedlam. I'm not sure what the phenomenom is at the Coliseum, but bottle throwing is fairly acceptable. I heard Howie commenting on it that security probably has that person already thrown out of the building. Yeah right - I'm not sure a Yellow Coat actually moved. There were a few Penguin fans there, and if it got ugly, it would be a long while til something was broken up.

Nabby finally made a legit save on Kunitz in the 3rd period. Other than that, this thing was a free for all. The Isles had chances that Fleury stopped but those were more incidental than anything. He looked soooo shaky. Any word on whether we're going to see Vokuun?

I was worried about getting out of the place last night. We had our 6 year old and were headed back into the city. No problem there. The final whistle blew and nary a person left. Even after the scrum and the celebration, it was smooth sailing out....thank god. I love the Coliseum.

There was sheer joy on everyone's face in the place. We may win this series, we may lose this series. But right now, it feels pretty good to be an Isles fan!

Veteran
    Travis Hammonic is a beast, flattened Cidneyerella and punched Frankenstein right in his big beak...

Veteran
    Fleury would be the worst goalie in my sons roller hockey league

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Pittsburgh embarrasses themselves further by gooning it up at the end. Team is full of douchebags.
    Ya know what, the fault for that scrum is 50/50. With a 2 goal lead, there's really no reason for Martin to be down there mixing it up with 2 seconds left. I think he was trying to avoid the icing, which is fine, but he didn't let up. Knowing who he is and what he was doing as well as how frustrated they were, its not surprising that the Pens put a body on him and it wasn't like he was skating away.

I don't understand how, in a situation like that, no one ever tries to mix it up with Cindy. Colin Mc is getting wrapped up by Crosby from behind and does nothing. He needs give him a nice face wash and see what kind of shape his jaw is in. If he wants to be on the ice, he is fair game. A few things:

1. How is Chris Kunitz not suspended for being a 3rd man in. Hamonic and Malkin both get fighting majors, both have their gloves off and throwing and Kunitz comes in and jumps Hamonic. I haven't heard anything spoken about it, but if you watch the replay, its pretty clear.

2. How great Cizikas? I love this fukking kid. Not big by any stretch, but has a huge heart, he's tough as nails and doesn't stop fighting.

3. Maybe its just me, but I would have had Carkner on the ice at the end as well. Not saying I'd pull an Al Arbour/Mick Vukota, but the game was getting chippy towards the end. I wouldn't look to mix it up, but I always like to be prepared in those situations. And if Carkner somehow grabs a hold of Malkin, Crosby or Neal....eh - so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I don't know what spirit has taken over Okposo, but I hope it stays around a little longer.

Iv'e never seen him play so well and if I was GM he would of been gone years ago. I love too be proven wrong.
    Okposo seems to be making up rapidly for all those times when the puck hasn't gone in. He deserved better this year than just 4 goals. Now, it seems like every time he throws the puck at the net, it goes in. But not before hitting the boards, a player, a vendor, etc.

Good for him - if anyone deserves a BS goal, its him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Travis Hammonic is a beast, flattened Cidneyerella and punched Frankenstein right in his big beak...
    Not the most Offensive-minded Dman in the world (yet), but he's very very solid. And has been in Malkin's mug all series. And he's just 22. The Isles Blue Line needs some upgrades, but any future pairings always include #3.