Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I guess he had quite an interview stating he has been depressed and even thought of suicide. Pretty heartbroken about the fans hating him, and feels like the Islanders stabbed him in the heart.

He seems like a nice enough guy, but it's time to retire. I'd feel pretty bad about taking all that money for a handful of bad games every season. He's already a rich man. Go.
    Meh, not me if I was in his shoes. I'd play in the AHL anytime for the next 8 years, and then I'd have enough cash to live quite comfortably and never have to work another day in my life by the time I was 40 years old.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any other Isles season ticket holders here who have been able to get a refund for the canceled games? They readily admit they owe me money, and have been basically telling me "the check is in the mail" for months.

I am going to file a small claims court complaint against them this week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Nope, not me.

I did look for Isles tickets for Sunday afternoon game, and the cheapest seats wete still $50 face value, in the upper row of the upper sections. Good Lord, those seats should be $10. Besides, who wants to pay $50 for a crap view and an 80% chance they're going to lose anyway?

Nice win yesterday, though, even though they tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with a few minutes to go in the third. Sweet SO goal by Tavares.

If they barely eeked out a SO win vs a Senators team that had played 3 games in 72 hours, and lost in OT the game before to a Leafs team that had played at home the night before coming to Nassau, I don't have much hope they'll beat a good Canadiens team tomorrow night at home.

Dare to dream.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    ^^ Nope, not me.

I did look for Isles tickets for Sunday afternoon game, and the cheapest seats wete still $50 face value, in the upper row of the upper sections. Good Lord, those seats should be $10. Besides, who wants to pay $50 for a crap view and an 80% chance they're going to lose anyway?

Nice win yesterday, though, even though they tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with a few minutes to go in the third. Sweet SO goal by Tavares.

If they barely eeked out a SO win vs a Senators team that had played 3 games in 72 hours, and lost in OT the game before to a Leafs team that had played at home the night before coming to Nassau, I don't have much hope they'll beat a good Canadiens team tomorrow night at home.

Dare to dream.
    I went to the game yesterday - took my boys and they had a blast. I had seats just inside the blue line in the 200s section. I paid $50/ticket. My 5 year old is obsessed with hockey - My 2 year old (first game) spent 80% of the game looking for Sparky. Hey, whatever occupies your time.

Unless its Isles/Rags, you can show up at the game and get tickets ridiculously cheap.

I also found a guy who sells 200s seats for $50 - $60 a ticket....sometimes $35 on the weekdays. Great seats for ridiculously cheap. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you the details.

And yesterday was a great game. I think they honestly outplayed the Sens for about 60% of the game. And I don't put too much stock in the 3 games in 72 hrs - every team is playing a condensed schedule this year. I thought Tavares looked like he was really beat for most of the game - which made sense after the game when I found out he was sick.

And what a way to finish the game! That was an unbelievable goal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough game for the Isles tonight. Montreal is 6-1-2 on the road, and the Isles suck at home. Montreal 7-0-3 in their last 10. Maybe we can hope for a Boston hangover from the Habs.

Well, on any given Tuesday...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ Nope, not me.

Dare to dream.
    You need to check FanSnap. You can usually find tix center ice in the upper level for $10 a pop. Best seat in the house.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Okposo looks like hot garbage.

I would have bet big money that Okposo's ceiling was going to be soooo much higher than it seems it might be. I'm starting to think he's never going to flip the switch.

Josh Bailey is another one who needs to start making more significant strides.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! A regulation home win!

My God, I was sure when they took a 4-3 lead, they were going to blow it.

Keep it going. Need 3 more straight W's to make p for the 5 game L streak.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! A regulation home win!

My God, I was sure when they took a 4-3 lead, they were going to blow it.

Keep it going. Need 3 more straight W's to make p for the 5 game L streak.
    Figures they would get a reg. win vs a team they can't possible hope to catch.

But excellent win nonetheless. Martin was huge.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Unfortunately, there's a pattern with this team the past month. Win 2 to get within one game of .500 (sad how getting to .500 is the benchmark of excitement for this team), then lose two. Win two to get back within one game of .500, lose two. Win two, lose two. Guess which two are next.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

Martin's a big tough guy, he could be very valuable around the net. At the game on Sunday, he was seemingly everywhere. I thought he was going to drop the gloves with Neil, which could have been disasterous for him. I would love to see Martin develop into a nice offensive force in addition to a hit machine.

A poor man's Clarkson, which isn't too shabby.

Nice win last night.

Should we go start sh!t in the Rags thread???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Martin's a big tough guy, he could be very valuable around the net. At the game on Sunday, he was seemingly everywhere. I thought he was going to drop the gloves with Neil, which could have been disasterous for him. I would love to see Martin develop into a nice offensive force in addition to a hit machine.

A poor man's Clarkson, which isn't too shabby.

Nice win last night.

^^ Any other forum, I'd say yes. This forum happens to be the only one where each teams fans stay out of the others threads, unless something good to say, and we can talk hockey without the bullshlt. Live and let live in the Pro Arena Sports forum, I say.

Sad but true, we don't have much to brag about anyway.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

I'm not ready to take that step just yet...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are a good team with a lot of young talent. The problem appears to be mental since they play great on the road against good teams but poorly at home against mediocre teams. They can't handle being a favorite for some reason.
    They also can't hold late leads.

Not sure about this coach.

Poulin will probably determine if they grab a playoff spot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    They are a good team with a lot of young talent. The problem appears to be mental since they play great on the road against good teams but poorly at home against mediocre teams. They can't handle being a favorite for some reason.
    They also can't hold late leads.

Not sure about this coach.

Poulin will probably determine if they grab a playoff spot.
    Meh, maybe the young talent isn't as talented as we thought. If they could hold leads or finish off games, they'd probably have another 4 wins under their belt.

Not sure what the problem is. I know I'd like to see Cappy go nuts and start yelling at guys to get their heads out of their asses every once in a while, though.

Could use a goal tender who could make a few key stops a little more often.

Perhaps the real problem is Garth Snow, and right up to Wang.

Anyway, I hope they show up tonight. The effort in the first meeting (4-1 loss) was pathetic. Same message, day after day, though, is "We know we have to work hard and grind it out for 60 minutes every night", yet they rarely seem to do it.

Any given Thursday....
    Last edited by Big L; 03-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Meh, maybe the young talent isn't as talented as we thought. If they could hold leads or finish off games, they'd probably have another 4 wins under their belt.

Not sure what the problem is. I know I'd like to see Cappy go nuts and start yelling at guys to get their heads out of their asses every once in a while, though.

Could use a goal tender who could make a few key stops a little more often.

Perhaps the real problem is Garth Snow, and right up to Wang.

Anyway, I hope they show up tonight. The effort in the first meeting (4-1 loss) was pathetic. Same message, day after day, though, is "We know we have to work hard and grind it out for 60 minutes every night", yet they rarely seem to do it.

Any given Thursday....
    I'm guessing that the Islanders really try to take it to the Rags physically tonight. According to Cappy, Boulton is suiting up, which hasn't happened in several games - Ullstrom is sitting. I would not be surprised to see this game turn into a real scrappy one with the Isles trying to push them around.

I fully expect to see Michael Haley in a scrap with his old team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, keep up the intensity. Play the full 60 minutes. Don't let up. Finish your checks.
    You know, play basic hockey.

Should be an exciting third.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goddamnit! Fvck! Motherfvcker!

Of fvcking course!

Arrg! Unfvcking believable.

How many fvcking third periods are the islanders going to blow it? Every one they have a lead in, apparently.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL !!..are you really surprised ?!...they give up more 3rd period leads than any team in the league..and it's b/c of ONE person...THEIR COACH !!...he sits on leads time after time...you can just see them go into a shell whenever they get a lead...can't win with this coach...just can't....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was inevitable.