Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Watch it fukker....we steal one in your building, somehow and everyone in Western PA (who owns a TV) starts sh!tting themselves.
    Lol, I said good luck. And what is this TV thing you speak of? Is it like a radio?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Either way, we'll always have this.

http://youtu.be/mi0-oCyYHVo
    Great find. In pulling that link up, I came across this - which I was at. Had to be the most intense first round series ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnQ262BIWk

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to the Isles

Help the entire NHL by booting out that whining little girl Cindy and the rest of her Penguin douches

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help but feel this team is too small to go far in the playoffs. I'm expecting a 4 or 5 game series with Isles scoring one goal in most games.

But whenever it looks real bad for the Isles....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either way, we'll always have this.

http://youtu.be/mi0-oCyYHVo
    UGH

All that firepower the Pens had that year wasted. That still is the best team the Pens ever had. Even better than this year. I blame it on that lame new logo the pens switched to that year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Good luck to the Isles

Help the entire NHL by booting out that whining little girl Cindy and the rest of her Penguin douches
    come on, you really dont mean that. Cindy has calmed a tiny bit with her whining.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how to post it but look up Lamieux slashed by David Shaw on youtube and watch that f--k Mario crosscheck Shaw, then when Shaw retaliates...Mario drops like a sack of potatoes, lays on the ice, precipitates a near riot, gets Shaw suspended and then is back on the ice for his next shift

Sh1tsburgh SUCKS!! Go Isles

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Not sure how to post it but look up Lamieux slashed by David Shaw on youtube and watch that f--k Mario crosscheck Shaw, then when Shaw retaliates...Mario drops like a sack of potatoes, lays on the ice, precipitates a near riot, gets Shaw suspended and then is back on the ice for his next shift

Sh1tsburgh SUCKS!! Go Isles
    OK....while we appreciate your good wishes, don't come in and ruin our thread with your anger. Happy to have Pens fans here to talk playoff hockey.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone need tix to Sunday's game? I snagged two good ones in the 200s by the goal line but there is no realistic chance of making the game for me now that its at 12pm Sunday.

Not living on LI anymore, I don't have too many Isles fans in the vicinity.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I can't help but feel this team is too small to go far in the playoffs. I'm expecting a 4 or 5 game series with Isles scoring one goal in most games.

But whenever it looks real bad for the Isles....
    We could have a 3 goal lead with 5 minutes left and I still won't feel we're safe with the firepower this Penguin team possesses. But that said, I'm optimistic that Isles will win 2 games and maybe have an outside shot of getting it to 7.

They can say all the right things, but you know the Pens are already thinking about the next round. And that's fine by me. That attitude will cost them at least one game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone need tix to Sunday's game? I snagged two good ones in the 200s by the goal line but there is no realistic chance of making the game for me now that its at 12pm Sunday.

Not living on LI anymore, I don't have too many Isles fans in the vicinity.
    Tempted. I live in NJ now, but I use to do the reverse trip for the Jets for 20 plus years...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could have a 3 goal lead with 5 minutes left and I still won't feel we're safe with the firepower this Penguin team possesses. But that said, I'm optimistic that Isles will win 2 games and maybe have an outside shot of getting it to 7.

They can say all the right things, but you know the Pens are already thinking about the next round. And that's fine by me. That attitude will cost them at least one game.
    There are a good bit of fans uneasy about this matchup. I think it may be flashbacks of 92-93. Looking forward to the playoffs to start for sure tho. I'm curious to see if the pens show up this year. Last year was so disappointing. Also, I think someone mentioned Fluery too. He scares me in the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats the odds in Vegas on Isles winning the series?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Whats the odds in Vegas on Isles winning the series?
    Last I checked they were not even posted yet.

And I might be in the minority, but I'd rather face the Pens than the Bruins. I just hate the idea of Chara against our first line and Rask is a much better netminder then what the Pens have.

This first game is SO important and I'm hoping Nabby pulls a Healy. Go ISLES

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    BRING ON THE FRIKKIN PANGUINS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OO46418P8

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    BRING ON THE FRIKKIN PANGUINS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OO46418P8
    Nice motivation but the best part is this team is set-up for the future with players that can not only drop-em but play sound hockey and skate.

Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Last I checked they were not even posted yet.

And I might be in the minority, but I'd rather face the Pens than the Bruins. I just hate the idea of Chara against our first line and Rask is a much better netminder then what the Pens have.

This first game is SO important and I'm hoping Nabby pulls a Healy. Go ISLES
    I'd be ok with pens killing the Isles in the first game, because the team that gets killed in the first game always seems to win the 2nd game.

But they really need one of the first two. If they can't win one of the first two,
    why feel hopeful for winning four of the last five.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll see. That's why they play the games.

I'd like nothing better than to figuratively kick Boomer the Rags fan in the teeth, though, and see the Isles win the series and the Rags get swept. It's unfortunate, it's the only hockey that gets talked about on the radio, and he's the biggest Rangers homer. Too bad he can't be objective.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Nice motivation but the best part is this team is set-up for the future with players that can not only drop-em but play sound hockey and skate.

Wednesday can't get here soon enough.
    And we don't have the squad that could pull that off anymore. Although I would be in favor of it, I doubt Boulton - or even Carkner - gets the nod unless or until something happens and the games get ugly. Its not like the Isles last forward is contributing much of anything anyway, be it Reasoner or JJ. Might as well dress Boulton, give him his 5 minutes of TOI and let him pick a fight with someone.

The Isles really need to play physical against the Pens and knock them off their game. Unfortunately, absent Martin/Zeek/CMac, they don't really have the team to do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch it fukker....we steal one in your building, somehow and everyone in Western PA (who owns a TV) starts sh!tting themselves.
    You should have hit him with, "don't make me sell my garage and buy your whole neighborhood".

not really important if you don't have a garage - message delivered.