Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders - 2013

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that was interesting.

They had that game won and in their pocket and then BAM!

As frustrating as it was to see them lose that lead, you have to be encouraged that they dug down and won the game anyway - in regulation, no less.

4 points and a sweep in Florida. They did what they had to do. This home stand is HUGE.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second three goal lead blown in the third this season. Tampa back in January. There may have been others. The game is 60 minutes, sheesh.

Anyway, bottom line is a W in regulation. First Florida sweep in almost 12 years.

I hope they figured out how to win at home now. Tough three games coming up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Second three goal lead blown in the third this season. Tampa back in January. There may have been others. The game is 60 minutes, sheesh.

Anyway, bottom line is a W in regulation. First Florida sweep in almost 12 years.

I hope they figured out how to win at home now. Tough three games coming up.
    three games in four days from Thursday to Sunday. Poulin will probably get the middle game start against Pittsburgh - which will basically be a forfeit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    three games in four days from Thursday to Sunday. Poulin will probably get the middle game start against Pittsburgh - which will basically be a forfeit.
    4 in 6 from Tuesday to Sunday. Or 3 in 4 from Tuesday to Friday.

Poulin should definately get the Pitt game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So for the Isles 4 game home stand, what would you be happy with coming out of it? They've got Ottawa, Montreal, Pitt, then Florida in the next 6 days.

Obviously, 4-0 would be great. Realistically, though. I'd be happy with 2-1-1, I guess. They'll probably go 1-2-1.

It starts by beating the Sens tonight.
    Last edited by Big L; 03-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    After sleep walking through the first, the Isles played a tough second period. Two goal lead going in to the third, lets hope they keep playing tough.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And just like that, 3-3.

Maybe tell them it's a 4 period game, and they won't blow third period leads.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To quote DevsJetsYanks88,

"We'll that sucked."

The blown third period leads with this team is astonishing.

They had two points. Then they had one point. Now they have no points.

And probably won't get a point in the next two games, either.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...let me say it for the 5th time !!...it's the COACH !!!...this guy is a disaster...they blow more 3rd period leads than any team in history...not an accident...he has them playing not to lose and they go in a shell...simple as that...costs them every time...this will be the end of any slim playoff hopes they had and will again be drafting between 5-7 yet again !!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To quote DevsJetsYanks88,

"We'll that sucked."

The blown third period leads with this team is astonishing.

They had two points. Then they had one point. Now they have no points.

And probably won't get a point in the next two games, either.
    Lol, I had dual TV action going with my Isles fan friend. A lot of face in palms, frustration, and shared "**** you, Rangers!" thrown around tonight.

I was planning on coming in here and saying how good Okposo looked tonight, at least from the half attention I paid to the Isles game. I think I would have put my head through a wall already if I had to deal with the 3rd period frustrations that you guys deal with. It's unreal.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 03-19-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got home and put the game on with two minutes to go and remarked..."the islanders seem to be standing around in their zone" and bang! Winning goal. Sorry guys, it was my fault for turning it on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight's disaster was a unique combination of bad play and just outright horrible luck.

Ottawa's 2nd and 3rd goals were flukes. Toronto disallowing the Islander goal to make it 4-3 was robbery.

Still plenty of season to go...

And as was previously stated Okposo (and I'll add Bailey) have been playing well - MUCH better that the 1 line.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okposo looked good last night. I thought Bailey looked like hot garbage. Whiffed on shots, had the puck taken off his stick skating up ice. Okposo was trying. No one else was in the first and third.

Can't figure out disallowing that goal. Dude was skating to a stop and the puck went off his skate. Didn't look like a kick. If he kicked with that skate, he would have fallen down.

And I wouldn't say plenty of season to go. That lost two points puts the isles a bit closer to out of the playoffs. And with a show like that last night, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

And where was JT? No-show last night?
    Last edited by Big L; 03-20-2013 at 06:55 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I was still pissed about last night until about noon today. Normally I don't give a shlt about losses.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I was still pissed about last night until about noon today. Normally I don't give a shlt about losses.
    I couldn't even look at this thread until about now. I was infuriated about last night's game - still am.

A combo of horrible luck, horrible calls (I noticed that high stick that was completely missed even before they mentioned it) and horrible let downs all worked in synergy.

I would have been very annoyed with only 1 pt, but coming out of the game with 0 pts may be the beginning of the end for this team. Too many teams in contention to give away 2 pts like that. And give them to a team that you otherwise would have been sneaking up on.

That was a gut punch type game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I couldn't even look at this thread until about now. I was infuriated about last night's game - still am.

A combo of horrible luck, horrible calls (I noticed that high stick that was completely missed even before they mentioned it) and horrible let downs all worked in synergy.

I would have been very annoyed with only 1 pt, but coming out of the game with 0 pts may be the beginning of the end for this team. Too many teams in contention to give away 2 pts like that. And give them to a team that you otherwise would have been sneaking up on.

That was a gut punch type game.
    Can't argue with anything you said, but if they can shake it off, start collecting points, they are back in the thick of things. The Isles aren't the only inconsistant team with major problems.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Can't argue with anything you said, but if they can shake it off, start collecting points, they are back in the thick of things. The Isles aren't the only inconsistant team with major problems.
    Very true - and for some reason we've owned the Habs, so perhaps it starts tonight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone's going to the game tonight, can you remind the Islanders the game is a full 60 minutes by bringing a banner that reads "THE GAME IS 60 MINUTES, MORONS."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone's going to the game tonight, can you remind the Islanders the game is a full 60 minutes by bringing a banner that reads "THE GAME IS 60 MINUTES, MORONS."
    I'm planning on taking my boys on Sunday. By then, either we'll have renewed momentum after playing well (and hopefully snagging some points) against the best in the East or we will be sinking rapidly into the abyss.