Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Revis News

More Revis News

It looks like per rotoworld that if Revis holds out then his contract cannot become void. Meaning he will be locked up for 3 years at 3 million a year. So it would be of his best interest to NOT hold out, play this year and make his big money in 2014.

My opinion is we keep him for this year and see how things go...

This is news outside of Jets fandom.

Meaning, the media is out of things to talk about and is circling in a holding pattern.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    It looks like per rotoworld that if Revis holds out then his contract cannot become void. Meaning he will be locked up for 3 years at 3 million a year. So it would be of his best interest to NOT hold out, play this year and make his big money in 2014.

To me, if he holds out, his knee is not ok. He really needs to play to prove to everyone he's still valuable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That doesn't mean anything Revis could just say I'll retire or play in the CFL before I'll play for 3 million.. I don't know how some of you think Revis honor's contracts??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That doesn't mean anything Revis could just say I'll retire or play in the CFL before I'll play for 3 million.. I don't know how some of you think Revis honor's contracts??
    He's a nice guy.

Which is why the jets need at least a 1st round pick in trade. We need an offer that's a higher value than a year of revis + a 3rd comp pick

Once again...illness is starting to set in me...due to an infestation of Revis contractitis...

And then at the end of the year he's a FA and on the open market because that same contract specifies we can not Franchise him. So yeah, let's see how things go and lose him and get nothing but a 4th round comp pick so he could play in what is likely going to be a wash year because we have the worlds ****tiest offense.

Revis is becoming more of a distraction than Osi was for the Giants...

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Which is why the jets need at least a 1st round pick in trade. We need an offer that's a higher value than a year of revis + a 3rd comp pick
    if the rumors that 3-5 teams are interested we will get full value for him. We will get at least a 1st.

Jets Insider VIP

Hall Of Fame
    We all know about the holdout clause in his contract.

Yes, it would make sense for Revis to not hold out this year. But that is not the issue. The issue is that the Jets are not going to pay him what he wants therefore he will be gone after 2013. So many fans think that it is best to just trade him now and get some picks rather than just have him for one year and get the compensatory pick which would be a 3rd rounder at best.

All of the options are sh!tty. Nobody wants to get rid of Revis. I am hoping the Jets do what is best for the future.

I think what Idzik should do is field some offers until draft time, send out smoke signals that there is no team out there willing to give up enough for a player that will go down in history as maybe the best or at the very least top three corner to EVER play the posistion. Make known we will play 2013 with him,reevaluate the situation next year. This will drive the price as high as it will ever get. Then trade him at the end of the preseaon for a truck load.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I think what Idzik should do is field some offers until draft time, send out smoke signals that there is no team out there willing to give up enough for a player that will go down in history as maybe the best or at the very least top three corner to EVER play the posistion. Make known we will play 2013 with him,reevaluate the situation next year. This will drive the price as high as it will ever get. Then trade him at the end of the preseaon for a truck load.
    Problem is, he can walk next year and all we will get is a lousy comp pick at the end of the third round. We will not be able to trade him next year because his contract will be void. We can not franchise him. That idiot Tanny included that in the contract. Once again, Tanny is killing us with dumb contracts

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Problem is, he can walk next year and all we will get is a lousy comp pick at the end of the third round. We will not be able to trade him next year because his contract will be void. We can not franchise him. That idiot Tanny included that in the contract. Once again, Tanny is killing us with dumb contracts
    That is why I said to trade him in preseason this up coming year. If you wait through the whole off season making teams (think you are willing to keep him) teams will get the itch just before the season opener. Some team WILL loose their best corner in the preseason. Just hold out as long as you can to drive the price up as high as possible.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Meaning, the media is out of things to talk about and is circling in a holding pattern.
    In other news, Revis wears #24.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    In other news, Revis wears $24.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Interesting...even the Pats want to make a deal...what if they offered somthing ridiculous like 2 1sts, a second and a decent player?

I know they are in our division but I would def think about it.

Interesting...even the Pats want to make a deal...what if they offered somthing ridiculous like 2 1sts, a second and a decent player?

I know they are in our division but I would def think about it.
    Are you kidding me? You must be new to how "not ****ing yourself over" works.