Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Revis News

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Jets G.M. John Idzik just told me that he talked to CB Darrelle Revis on Thursday.

As for the Patriots, give us Mallet and 2 1's. and we'll think about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    It looks like per rotoworld that if Revis holds out then his contract cannot become void. Meaning he will be locked up for 3 years at 3 million a year. So it would be of his best interest to NOT hold out, play this year and make his big money in 2014.

My opinion is we keep him for this year and see how things go...
    we'd be flirting with disaster if we followed your line of reasoning.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    And then at the end of the year he's a FA and on the open market because that same contract specifies we can not Franchise him. So yeah, let's see how things go and lose him and get nothing but a 4th round comp pick so he could play in what is likely going to be a wash year because we have the worlds ****tiest offense.
    The Jets can always negotiate with him during the season.

If he refuses to do so then he can go for all I care. He will also damage his credibility because he talks about being a Jet for life all the time. Teams know that there is a risk to sign a player coming off major knee surgery. if they decide to overpay him...go right ahead...there is significant risk there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

Jets G.M. John Idzik just told me that he talked to CB Darrelle Revis on Thursday.

As for the Patriots, give us Mallet and 2 1's. and we'll think about it.
    No to Mallol, and no to trading in the division. That would be the dumbest thing in the world. We should look to trade him OUT of the conference all together.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    we'd be flirting with disaster if we followed your line of reasoning.
    I just said I would think about it. It would be a balsy move for sure and this franchise needs to make a bold move and try to right the ship.

Again just a thought...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just said I would think about it. It would be a balsy move for sure and this franchise needs to make a bold move and try to right the ship.

Again just a thought...
    Trading the greatest CB in the game to your most hated rival isn't being bold, it's being stupid.

Trade him OUT of division if not out of the conference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This is news outside of Jets fandom.

Meaning, the media is out of things to talk about and is circling in a holding pattern.
    what, they ran out of Har-bowl and retirement of a murderer already?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Trading the greatest CB in the game to your most hated rival isn't being bold, it's being stupid.

Revis's skills are less useful against the TE type of offense New England plays and I wouldn't even be surprised if that was one reason Bellichick went in that direction. I also wonder effect if any the read option mobile QB trend that's gearing up right will have on the value of a shutdown corner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I think what Idzik should do is field some offers until draft time, send out smoke signals that there is no team out there willing to give up enough for a player that will go down in history as maybe the best or at the very least top three corner to EVER play the posistion. Make known we will play 2013 with him,reevaluate the situation next year. This will drive the price as high as it will ever get. Then trade him at the end of the preseaon for a truck load.
    I'd like to see a few draft picks for this years draft. At least , with due diligence we can replace most of our aging players or players that should not be starting.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading a great CB who is coming off major knee surgery and is looking to break the bank for a boatload of picks and a proven player? Yeah i would think about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trading a great CB who is coming off major knee surgery and is looking to break the bank for a boatload of picks and a proven player? Yeah i would think about it.
    Not in the division. And what proven player are you trading him for? NE isn't giving up any of their proven offensive players, so you're looking at their defensive players. NE isn't even a team that trades away high picks like they're nothing, either.

Your plan is stupid. Accept it and move on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not in the division. And what proven player are you trading him for? NE isn't giving up any of their proven offensive players, so you're looking at their defensive players. NE isn't even a team that trades away high picks like they're nothing, either.

Your plan is stupid. Accept it and move on.
    How about Aaron Hernandez along with a first and a 2nd?

We can get multiple picks trade down and try to rebuild this roster.

going out of the division your probably not going to get as much.

Obviously your scared to make a trade because its in the division...glass half empty kinda guy/girl?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis injury is one that he should fully recover from....add his still young age and level of play, I cannot see then not getting at least a FIRST round pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Which is why the jets need at least a 1st round pick in trade. We need an offer that's a higher value than a year of revis + a 3rd comp pick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Aaron Hernandez along with a first and a 2nd?

We can get multiple picks trade down and try to rebuild this roster.

going out of the division your probably not going to get as much.

Obviously your scared to make a trade because its in the division...glass half empty kinda guy/girl?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least you would agree that this Revis thing is all Idzik's plan and that he has legit control of personnel unlike Rex.
    Right?
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 01-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Idzik asks Revis to "give us a chance" to go through the roster and make decisions http://wp.me/p14QSB-723K