Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I love how everyone acts like picks are guaranteed things .. There's alot more Kyle Wilson's in a NFL draft than there are Revis's
    Seahawks say hi

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal1189 View Post
    RGIII went for a motherload and he was an unproven rookie!

Understand Revis is a CB but if he is dealt we better get what he is worth.
    With an ACL surgery under his belt....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope we opt to take picks in 2014. We could end up controlling the top of the draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to Buffalo b.c I think the pick will end up being a good one.
    that would be intriguing. the jets need a franchise qb, and are unlikely to get one this draft. well, if the qb class is expected to be better next year, why not load up on picks, and try to get one then. sure it's risky, but it's no secret that the only way to improve is to get a good qb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless we are getting two 1st round picks plus additional compensation for him, I dont trade him. I don't even trust us to use the picks correctly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.
    "There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering that Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is nonetheless coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.
    The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.
    Sources say one of the teams highly interested are the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.
    Other teams highly interested, I'm told are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.
    So the race to get Revis is on.
    Who will win?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...le-revis-trade

There comparing him to Reggie white smh but no CB's aren't important .
    Seahawks... surprising since they have really good D-backs,. Flynn, Sherman or Browner, and a 2d round draft pick and it's done. The pick can be in the 4th round if they take Sanchez in the deal.

PS. the more I think about this, the more I think, why wouldn't the Seahawks do it? With such a young team and low cap, they are in a perfect position to re-sign Revis.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 01-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be awesome lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i look at the giants as the perfect way to build a team.
    WHY?

The Giants have made the playoffs once in the last four years.

Let me put that another way:

THE GIANTS HAVE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS 3 OF THE LAST 4 YEARS

That's the team you want to model yourself after?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Unless we are getting two 1st round picks plus additional compensation for him, I dont trade him. I don't even trust us to use the picks correctly.
    haha that's why I would hope they get a young player that we already know has potential instead of praying we make some good picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Seahawks... surprising since they have really good D-backs,. Flynn, Sherman or Browner, and a 2d round draft pick and it's done. The pick can be in the 4th round if they take Sanchez in the deal.
    Who cares if they have other DBs? If you can get Revis then you dump one of the other guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how everyone acts like picks are guaranteed things .. There's alot more Kyle Wilson's in a NFL draft than there are Revis's
    Who is acting like they are guaranteed? I see little evidence of that in this thread. A lot of people who are endorsing a trade would like to keep Revis but realize that may not be possible long term. thus you try and get the biggest return possible and hope it pans out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    If this report is true then floating the story about trading Revis worked.
    Get teams bidding against one another and see who comes up with the
    best package. Great player, but his constant crying about his contract
    has turned me off. Ideally with him coming off the ACL I would like
    a 2nd & 3rd this year and a conditional 1st next year based on his health
    If i can get this i would run with it to the draft and rebuild this team to be competative next yr.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    WHY?

The Giants have made the playoffs once in the last four years.

Let me put that another way:

THE GIANTS HAVE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS 3 OF THE LAST 4 YEARS

That's the team you want to model yourself after?
    Giants are way overrated as an organization. If they are so talented, Coughlin should be fired. They've average 9 wins over the past 4 years. The SB wins are nothing to sneeze at, but they not only drew a perfect opponent for the personnel match-up ( a D that can't defend the pass, and a QB that becomes a lot less special with D-line pressure), they also won only because of the 2 most miraculous catches in SB history.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Seahawks say hi
    Show me the college HC that just joined our staff. That has been following/recruiting players since there were sophomores since HS. Pete Carroll picks alot kids destroyed USC when he was there and he knows alot of them cause he recruited alot of them .

Look how many PAC 10 players are starters on that roster.. U think he just found Sherman in the rough dude played for Stanford Pete seen alot of him . Same goes for a guy like golden Tate who always played big vs USC and was recruited hard By USC. There's a reason u draft earl Thomas over Taylor mays.

Just watch Chip Kelly's drafts over the next 3 yrs .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Disagree the Jets can't get a 1st and 2nd. Now i agree they wont if they try to get both picks for '13 draft.

But if you structure the trade based on % of time Revis plays in '13 you can get a 2nd (perhaps even a 1st) if he plays say 95+% of D plays during '13 season and is named All-Pro or something creative like that.

And if the Jets get a #1 for Revis this draft they then can do a trade down or two with that #1 to acquire additional picks.
    If I can't get at least a 1 and a 2, I am not making the trade? It makes no sense. You have argaubly the best defensive player in the game for an unproven #1 pick? Seriously?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Who is acting like they are guaranteed? I see little evidence of that in this thread. A lot of people who are endorsing a trade would like to keep Revis but realize that may not be possible long term. thus you try and get the biggest return possible and hope it pans out.
    Thank you!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    these teams want him b/c they think they're one player away from winning.
    Hello Nnamdi Asomugha and the 2011 Jets. That was the beginning of the end. Chasing the missing link.

BTW, I think you are right and hopefully we can exploit some team think Revis is the missing piece. But I do think that some bads teams that have cap room will be interested as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    EXACTLY.

Try and make the most of a sh*tty situation. Nobody wants to lose Revis. But the Jets do not want to pay him b.c of the situation we are in. And he isn't going to give us a discount. It is what it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is great news for the Jets. Start having teams bidding against each other and drive up the asking price.

We are rebuilding the right way. Im pumped for the future of this franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    CB not a premium position, you can just take Revis out of the game by having him cover other team's #1 receiver, that's what they told me at JI

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hello Nnamdi Asomugha and the 2011 Jets. That was the beginning of the end. Chasing the missing link.

BTW, I think you are right and hopefully we can exploit some team think Revis is the missing piece. But I do think that some bads teams that have cap room will be interested as well.
    let's hope PT barnum was right and idzik can make his mark here by dealing revis for a king's randsom. i'd like a first this year and a first rounder next year. that way the jets could take warmack and a wr in the first round this year and start rebuilding the offense and then next year they'll have ammo to get a new qb.