Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hello Nnamdi Asomugha and the 2011 Jets. That was the beginning of the end. Chasing the missing link.

BTW, I think you are right and hopefully we can exploit some team think Revis is the missing piece. But I do think that some bads teams that have cap room will be interested as well.
    Like i said before, some "bad" teams like the Lions could easily convince themselves that they are a HOF CB away from being a contender. They already have an elite QB/WR/DT. But i am sure there are other teams like the Redskins/Cowboys/Bengals/Colts/Saints/Panthers/TB that could think the same way.

Or even a team like the rams that has a defensive minded head coach, Rex's brother and Rex's former OC.

I think there are a boat load of teams that would break the bank for Revis.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    exactly. all the jets need is one team to act irrationally, and the jets could wind up with a few extra picks. now, i wouldn't be that excited if tanny had those picks, but with idzik, he actually may trust his scouts, stick to the draft board and draft good players.
    At last, someone brings out this excellent point.

Many of you are complaining that our scouting department needs to be blown up. We could have the best scouting department in the league and never know it if Rex was influencing Tanny to disregard their recommendations. Some have suggested that Mangini had a better eye for talent than Rex. Did you ever think that Mangini simply trusted the scouting deparment's recommendations and didn't meddle as much as Rex?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The thing I don't like about dealing Revis is that he truly is the premiere player on this team, by far.

It's not Green Bay where you have two or three elite talents that you can market and rally around, like Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, etc. The Jets are a mix of average players, a decent group of very good guys (Cro, Wilk, Mangold), and one very bright star in Revis.
    You know what is wrong with this senario. Revis doesn't have to make a single play all yr . The receiver he locks up doesn't have to make a single play all year, and the Jets will still lose the najority of their games. Trading Revis away will not hurt the Jets as much as trading John Abraham has.

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Packers want in, get Randall Cobb, a 2nd and a 4th.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is great news for the Jets. Start having teams bidding against each other and drive up the asking price.

We are rebuilding the right way. Im pumped for the future of this franchise.
    Yeah but if he is traded he would have to be traded to a winning team with lower draft choices. He is not going to go to a bad team because he will play the contract year out and that team will have zero hope of signing him again. Then the patriots or dolphins will snatch him up. You need a boatload from a good team if you are going to trade him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Like i said before, some "bad" teams like the Lions could easily convince themselves that they are a HOF CB away from being a contender. They already have an elite QB/WR/DT. But i am sure there are other teams like the Redskins/Cowboys/Bengals/Colts/Saints/Panthers/TB that could think the same way.

Or even a team like the rams that has a defensive minded head coach, Rex's brother and Rex's former OC.

I agree with you. I was seconding your point in my post.

The Rams would be a good candidate b.c they have a lot of picks from the RG3 trade. Only problem is they paid Finnegan and drafted Jenkins last year. They are pretty much set at CB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Show me the college HC that just joined our staff. That has been following/recruiting players since there were sophomores since HS. Pete Carroll picks alot kids destroyed USC when he was there and he knows alot of them cause he recruited alot of them .

Look how many PAC 10 players are starters on that roster.. U think he just found Sherman in the rough dude played for Stanford Pete seen alot of him . Same goes for a guy like golden Tate who always played big vs USC and was recruited hard By USC. There's a reason u draft earl Thomas over Taylor mays.

Just watch Chip Kelly's drafts over the next 3 yrs .
    Unfortunately I agree, and hope Idzik makes changes to our front office, Bradway and those other clowns have to go. I think that talent will come next year, that's why i hope the picks are for 2014 & 2015, but my point is that it possible. Seattle has 2 stud DB's.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Seahawks... surprising since they have really good D-backs,. Flynn, Sherman or Browner, and a 2d round draft pick and it's done. The pick can be in the 4th round if they take Sanchez in the deal.

PS. the more I think about this, the more I think, why wouldn't the Seahawks do it? With such a young team and low cap, they are in a perfect position to re-sign Revis.
    I like the way you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    At last, someone brings out this excellent point.

Many of you are complaining that our scouting department needs to be blown up. We could have the best scouting department in the league and never know it if Rex was influencing Tanny to disregard their recommendations. Some have suggested that Mangini had a better eye for talent than Rex. Did you ever think that Mangini simply trusted the scouting deparment's recommendations and didn't meddle as much as Rex?
    we all know the draft is a lot of luck. but if you told me the jets could come away with warmack and a good wr prospect in the first round, and then also have extra picks in other rounds, that's a great start towards rebuilding the offense. truth i think i'd rather have a 1st rounder in next year's draft when the qbs are likely to be better, but the jets will still stink and have a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Those are all very good teams. They, apparently, are not concerned about his contract demands.

Why? Because you never get a chance to acquire a player that is this talented. They are never available.

You would have to be an idiot to have someone this good, and then send/let them go somewhere else.
    Other than the Bills, those are all teams one piece away from the Super Bowl (although San Fran may win) who think Revis could be the missing piece. We don't have a QB. A great corner is not that meaningful until we do.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

Cowboys just brought in Monte Kiffen, the cover 2 guru. He does not play (historically) as much man, so Revis isn't as important. Also, Cowboys just signed one CB last year for good money and then spent a high #1 on another.

Broncos maybe, Redskins, very possible, Saints, TB, very good chance.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    let's hope PT barnum was right and idzik can make his mark here by dealing revis for a king's randsom. i'd like a first this year and a first rounder next year. that way the jets could take warmack and a wr in the first round this year and start rebuilding the offense and then next year they'll have ammo to get a new qb.
    That would be a dream scenario. Although I am not crazy about the WRs this year.

Let's hope it happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Cowboys just brought in Monte Kiffen, the cover 2 guru. He does not play (historically) as much man, so Revis isn't as important. Also, Cowboys just signed one CB last year for good money and then spent a high #1 on another.

Broncos maybe, Redskins, very possible, Saints, TB, very good chance.
    The Jags have a ton of cap space they could afford a Revis and a half..

Revis for Flynn, Seattle's 2nd rounder this yr and 1st rounder next yr.

STUPID, STUPID IDEA TO TRADE REVIS. WE HAVE A HISTORY OF GIVING AWAY GOOD PLAYERS.

Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    STUPID, STUPID IDEA TO TRADE REVIS. WE HAVE A HISTORY OF GIVING AWAY GOOD PLAYERS.
    Why exactly is it stupid?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If the Packers want in, get Randall Cobb, a 2nd and a 4th.
    James Jones a 2nd and a conditional 2 or 3 in 2014.

All League
    Get Dan Snyder on the phone. 1st and his backup qb.

Of course, EVERYBODY is going to be suckered by the Jets - the team with that superb front office.
    The situation is everybody knows the Jets are over the barrel. They have a crappy team and are in cap trouble. "So hey everybody, let's help the Jets". Right.
    Revis has a ridiculous contract and he is coming off an injury and has NOT proved he is ready to return and if so at what level.
    The Jets are stuck with him unless his contract is reworked NOW.
    There is a big difference between a RB (Peterson) and a CB. The RB can have plays tailored to HIM. The CB must be able to adapt to any situation on the field. Much tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    Stupid, stupid, idea to keep Revis now and lose him in a year and get nothing in return.