Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

All Pro

'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.
    "There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering that Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is nonetheless coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.
    The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.
    Sources say one of the teams highly interested are the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.
    Other teams highly interested, I'm told are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.
    So the race to get Revis is on.
    Who will win?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...le-revis-trade

There comparing him to Reggie white smh but no CB's aren't important .

i like the idea of getting a first rounder and a proven, young starter, who doesn't even have to be a star. could be a RT, or a good G, or an olb.

Hall Of Fame
    Nicely played New York Jets.

Veteran
    Hmmm, according to this CB's win you SB's who knew....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I could see san fran giving up two 1st's.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Revis to Denver for their #1 and Elvis Dumervil

Disagree the Jets can't get a 1st and 2nd. Now i agree they wont if they try to get both picks for '13 draft.

But if you structure the trade based on % of time Revis plays in '13 you can get a 2nd (perhaps even a 1st) if he plays say 95+% of D plays during '13 season and is named All-Pro or something creative like that.

And if the Jets get a #1 for Revis this draft they then can do a trade down or two with that #1 to acquire additional picks.

All Pro
    All these Great teams have money to sign revis we have ****ty team can't afford to sign him?

There not a player on this team outside of Mangold and Wilkerson deserves what there getting paid.

All Pro
    This is actually great news! I was afraid that we wouldn't recieve the King's ransom for a Revis trade but it looks like there will be a huge bidding war and we will get at least a 1st for him.

A 3 this year and a 1 next year gets this done IMO.

All Pro
    RGIII went for a motherload and he was an unproven rookie!

Understand Revis is a CB but if he is dealt we better get what he is worth.

!

Wonder who that GM could be........

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis for Brady!

Make it happen, Tanny!!!

Those are all very good teams. They, apparently, are not concerned about his contract demands.

Why? Because you never get a chance to acquire a player that is this talented. They are never available.

You would have to be an idiot to have someone this good, and then send/let them go somewhere else.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    This is actually great news! I was afraid that we wouldn't recieve the King's ransom for a Revis trade but it looks like there will be a huge bidding war and we will get at least a 1st for him.

A 3 this year and a 1 next year gets this done IMO.
    Have u seen the teams with interest these are not top 10 pick teams . So ur cool with trading revis for a late 1st and late 3rd?

All League
    If this report is true then floating the story about trading Revis worked.
    Get teams bidding against one another and see who comes up with the
    best package. Great player, but his constant crying about his contract
    has turned me off. Ideally with him coming off the ACL I would like
    a 2nd & 3rd this year and a conditional 1st next year based on his health

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post

Wonder who that GM could be........
    Hint: He was introduced yesterday and most people consider him a "Cap Guy"

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Those are all very good teams. They, apparently, are not concerned about his contract demands.

Why? Because you never get a chance to acquire a player that is this talented. They are never available.

You would have to be an idiot to have someone this good, and then send/let them go somewhere else.
    these teams want him b/c they think they're one player away from winning. notice how none of the bad teams want him. those teams need many players, like the jets, and can't afford to invest major cash in the short term in a cb. the lions could surely use him, but they can't justfity it. the broncos and 49ers can, as can the patriots. they all have elite qbs and offenses in place to win.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Revis puts the very good teams over the top. He could be the peice that takes them all the way. Revis doesn't put us over the top. With Revis we still win 4-8 games next year. We have so many needs and so little money..We could potentially fill 4-5 positions by trading him. a few picks, maybe a player and more cap space in the future could add a couple more studs. I hate to lose him but it's a big way to get us back on track in a few years.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 01-25-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    If this report is true then floating the story about trading Revis worked.
    Get teams bidding against one another and see who comes up with the
    best package. Great player, but his constant crying about his contract
    has turned me off. Ideally with him coming off the ACL I would like
    a 2nd & 3rd this year and a conditional 1st next year based on his health

One thing that definitely helps is the proven ability of elite players (like Adrian Peterson) to not only return from ACL injuries but to seems even better than before they were hurt!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Have u seen the teams with interest these are not top 10 pick teams . So ur cool with trading revis for a late 1st and late 3rd?
    This is a good point, however do you pay Revis w/e he is asking for or do you get what you can for him now before he hits FA?