Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    these teams want him b/c they think they're one player away from winning. notice how none of the bad teams want him. those teams need many players, like the jets, and can't afford to invest major cash in the short term in a cb. the lions could surely use him, but they can't justfity it. the broncos and 49ers can, as can the patriots. they all have elite qbs and offenses in place to win.
    Can you imagine being the Lions and hearing that GB might be interested in Revis. The idea of Megatron facing Revis twice a year is awesome! Darrelle virtually shut him down a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    If this report is true then floating the story about trading Revis worked.
    Get teams bidding against one another and see who comes up with the
    best package. Great player, but his constant crying about his contract
    has turned me off. Ideally with him coming off the ACL I would like
    a 2nd & 3rd this year and a conditional 1st next year based on his health
    i think it would be helpful to get a player as well. even a good guard could go a ways towards rebuilding the oline. one less player to draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    All these Great teams have money to sign revis we have ****ty team can't afford to sign him?

There not a player on this team outside of Mangold and Wilkerson deserves what there getting paid.
    It's ok, the Jets have All-Pro Harris and super de looper Sanchez making the money..I'm sure there will be a super natural try out player that will make me forget about Revis...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Can you imagine being the Lions and hearing that GB might be interested in Revis. The idea of Megatron facing Revis twice a year is awesome! Darrelle virtually shut him down a couple of years ago.
    exactly. all the jets need is one team to act irrationally, and the jets could wind up with a few extra picks. now, i wouldn't be that excited if tanny had those picks, but with idzik, he actually may trust his scouts, stick to the draft board and draft good players.

these teams want him b/c they think they're one player away from winning. notice how none of the bad teams want him. those teams need many players, like the jets, and can't afford to invest major cash in the short term in a cb. the lions could surely use him, but they can't justfity it. the broncos and 49ers can, as can the patriots. they all have elite qbs and offenses in place to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Revis puts the very good teams over the top. He could be the peice that takes them all the way. Revis doesn't put us over the top. With Revis we still win 4-8 games next year. We have some many needs and so little money..We could potentially fill 4-5 positions by trading him. a few picks, maybe a player and more cap space in the future could add a couple more. I hate to lose him but it's a big way to get us back on track in a few years.
    Why are you so concerned about next year?

Will Revis not still be an excellent player in 3-4 years?

Hall Of Fame
    I hope we opt to take picks in 2014. We could end up controlling the top of the draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to Buffalo b.c I think the pick will end up being a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    This is actually great news! I was afraid that we wouldn't recieve the King's ransom for a Revis trade but it looks like there will be a huge bidding war and we will get at least a 1st for him.

A 3 this year and a 1 next year gets this done IMO.
    I would go for that. Very reluctant to trade Revis but if we did I'd like a 1 next year rather than this year. (And of course the other pick you mentioned for this year.)

For the record, I think we should keep Revis and Cro, the problem isnt spending $$$ on those two its spending money on Pace, Scott and Harris (non-premium positions in Rex's D) that have killed this team.

All Pro
    exactly. all the jets need is one team to act irrationally, and the jets could wind up with a few extra picks. now, i wouldn't be that excited if tanny had those picks, but with idzik, he actually may trust his scouts, stick to the draft board and draft good players.
    Yes, if there is any truth to this story we could get someone to overreact and give us a Carson Palmer to the Raiders kind of a package.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Have u seen the teams with interest these are not top 10 pick teams . So ur cool with trading revis for a late 1st and late 3rd?
    Great point, although it seems (according to draftniks and experts of which I am not one) that this draft is somewhat "light" at the top, lacking the usual 5 to 10 elite players, but is really strong in the middle (2nd and 3rd rounders).

There will be guys taken in the first that in previous years were 2nd round talents, but there may be guys available in the 3rd round that are also 2nd round talents.

Jets Insider VIP
    This guy gets it

BBBBuuuttt, i thought making it public that we are looking to deal Revis would kill his trade value. LOL at (some) Jets fans.

All Pro
    I love how everyone acts like picks are guaranteed things .. There's alot more Kyle Wilson's in a NFL draft than there are Revis's

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The thing I don't like about dealing Revis is that he truly is the premiere player on this team, by far.

It's not Green Bay where you have two or three elite talents that you can market and rally around, like Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, etc. The Jets are a mix of average players, a decent group of very good guys (Cro, Wilk, Mangold), and one very bright star in Revis.

Practice Squad
    Well the way I see it, is we Better trade Revis now because woody had to be a clown and open his mouth. Revis will now see just how badly other teams will want him so there's no way we resign him.

I hope that we can get a first second and third and next years second with chance to move up to a first depending on the teams success and how much Revis plays.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

i expect revis to still be excellent. but there's only so much a great cb can do, if the rest of the team isn't built correctly. i look at the giants as the perfect way to build a team. they draft a qb, build around the qb, give him weapons, and draft a bunch of pass rushers. that's where their cap money is dedicated. they typically have an average secondary, which is usually protected by a fierce pass rush. the offense keep scoring and they wind up protecting leads. revis can't possibly impact games like great qbs or pass rushers. it's not that revis isn't great, it's that his impact is tempered by the position he plays. the jets need a guy (idzik) who understands how to allocate the cap based on the position, as well as the player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope we opt to take picks in 2014. We could end up controlling the top of the draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him to Buffalo b.c I think the pick will end up being a good one.
    I really do like your thinking here. It would suck seeing him twice a year but the trade off seems fair.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

That's not the only point. Revis is an UFA next year. On the open market some team will give him 100 million no question. We can't risk losing him for nothing. Unless we absolutely break the bank he's testing the market. And we know some team will make him the highest paid defensive player of all time. We can't look 3-4 years down the road. We have to look at next year because he can walk without tagging him.

Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    I could see san fran giving up two 1st's.
    San Fran is already at the cap and have 4 starters including 1/2 the Def line as FA. Then what do they do in two years when Kapenick and Aldon Smith are FA.

Revis needs to be traded do a team with at least 15 mill of cap room and a need for a corner- no tampa-2 zone teams in other words.

The patriots, they don't have the cap room to be a player for him even if he was a FA.
    Last edited by patman; 01-25-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Detroit also has an elite QB and a very good offense. Just because we only heard of a couple of teams doesn't mean teams like the Lions won't jump in. In fact, a team like the Lions could probably use Revis more than a team like the 49ers. The 49ers/seattle/denver already have a good defense. Revis would be gravy for them. Revis could turn a bad Lions defense into a title contending defense.

It's very early in the process and I am sure a few teams have interest but are playing it cool for now.