Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Every team is in a win now mode. That does not mean you sacrifice your future.
    I don't think this in any way sacrificing Denver's future. And their situation is different from other teams because their QB situation is very much on the clock. I don't think anyone feels comfortable projecting Manning to play at this level for more than another two years. That's quite a different situation than that faced by other elite teams ATM.

I would ask for what I listed. Jets would get a conditional 3 with Revis walking so that has to be on the table right away. 1st rounder of course - and in Denver's case that's practically a 2nd rounder. Then yes - I'd ask for a mid rounder next year - plenty of teams are capable of a 1/3, if Denver really wants a unique player for their unique situation then I can't see a mid-rounder getting in the way.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    WHY?

The Giants have made the playoffs once in the last four years.

Let me put that another way:

THE GIANTS HAVE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS 3 OF THE LAST 4 YEARS

That's the team you want to model yourself after?
    Um, they won a superbowl that one year.
    They also won one 5 years ago.
    Yeah I'll take that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis and Sanchez to Seattle for

Flynn
    1st
    3rd

Take Tyler Wilson with the 1st

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post

Flynn
    1st
    3rd

Getting rid of Sanchez is enticing, but not sure I'd want to give a 1st and 3rd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Flynn
    1st
    3rd

I like this way of thinking but we could make this deal without Flynn. Then wait till Seattle releases him to sign him. If we trade for him we are on the hook for his contract. If he is released, we can give him a more appropriate contract for a guy that (with us taking Wilson) will probably start one year and hopefully gets beat out by Wilson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I like this way of thinking but we could make this deal without Flynn. Then wait till Seattle releases him to sign him. If we trade for him we are on the hook for his contract. If he is released, we can give him a more appropriate contract for a guy that (with us taking Wilson) will probably start one year and hopefully gets beat out by Wilson.
    If we trade for him and send Sanchez we can offset part of Sanchez salary and have a qb with hopefully more potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    exactly. all the jets need is one team to act irrationally, and the jets could wind up with a few extra picks. now, i wouldn't be that excited if tanny had those picks, but with idzik, he actually may trust his scouts, stick to the draft board and draft good players.
    I agree with you 100%

If Tanny were still here no way do I trust him to trade Revis!!!

Think for a moment the Jets "moves" are the very reason why they are now in the great position of having to trade the best NYJ in team history!!!!

It is a disgrace!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Flynn
    1st
    3rd

No reason to take a QB in the 1st round if Flynn is included in the package

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The love affair on here continues with Matt Flynn. Poor Ratliff has been replaced.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is great news for the Jets. Start having teams bidding against each other and drive up the asking price.

We are rebuilding the right way. Im pumped for the future of this franchise.

Teams might getting in a bidding war when D Revis hits free agency as unrestricted Fa. Not now as it makes little sense to give up a lot for one year rental.

You think D Revis is signing a contract extension with anyone when he will have so many teams competing for his services in 2014( Will get the most money) So right there Jets can be offered a H Walker type of deal and if Revis won't sign a long term deal with that team, the deal is off.

If the Jets aren't going to pay Revis and someone offers a first rounder(highly doubtful) for him, the Jets better act fast on that offer.
    Revis gets to training camp without an extension be prepared to watch him leave and you get a 2015 fourth round piuck.(it third but really fourth)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The love affair on here continues with Matt Flynn. Poor Ratliff has been replaced.
    Not much choice but to take a shot n someone like him, he has potential and there isn't anyone on the roster that is any better

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Teams might getting in a bidding war when D Revis hits free agency as unrestricted Fa. Not now as it makes little sense to give up a lot for one year rental.

You think D Revis is signing a contract extension with anyone when he will have so many teams competing for his services in 2014( Will get the most money) So right there Jets can be offered a H Walker type of deal and if Revis won't sign a long term deal with that team, the deal is off.

If the Jets aren't going to pay Revis and someone offers a first rounder(highly doubtful) for him, the Jets better act fast on that offer.
    Revis gets to training camp without an extension be prepared to watch him leave and you get a 2015 fourth round piuck.(it third but really fourth)
    Sure he will. If the price is right for him. He knows what would happen to his value on the FA Market should he suffer another injury in '13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I don't think this in any way sacrificing Denver's future. And their situation is different from other teams because their QB situation is very much on the clock. I don't think anyone feels comfortable projecting Manning to play at this level for more than another two years. That's quite a different situation than that faced by other elite teams ATM.

I would ask for what I listed. Jets would get a conditional 3 with Revis walking so that has to be on the table right away. 1st rounder of course - and in Denver's case that's practically a 2nd rounder. Then yes - I'd ask for a mid rounder next year - plenty of teams are capable of a 1/3, if Denver really wants a unique player for their unique situation then I can't see a mid-rounder getting in the way.
    The thing is if they sign revis and Clady this year,I hope you don't think that they would ever let the LT walk.that is 20 mill right there. What are they going to do with Thomas and Miller the following year?

And the jets won't get a third as a comp pick. they will only get a 3rd if they lose more FA than they sign. They will have 50 mil of cap room and 25 guys on the roster. They will spend all that 50 mill or pretty well close to it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure he will. If the price is right for him. He knows what would happen to his value on the FA Market should he suffer another injury in '13
    What you think the new team is going to sign him long term without him getting back on the field? What GM is going to go to his owner and tell him he wants to give a guy 30 mill up front who is coming off an ACL but has not been on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you think the new team is going to sign him long term without him getting back on the field? What GM is going to go to his owner and tell him he wants to give a guy 30 mill up front who is coming off an ACL but has not been on the field.
    I'm guessing a trading team will have a window to negotiate a new deal and have a chance to run Revis through a physical and review his medical records. If permitted by NFL/CBA

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of teams would have done what you are suggesting for Peyton. Arguably the best player at his position. His neck was a bigger question mark than an acl
    Last edited by bcess; 01-25-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be happy kicking the tires for that kind of money I would want to run the snot out of the ride.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I wouldn't be happy kicking the tires for that kind of money I would want to run the snot out of the ride.
    Best player in the world at his position, someone will be willing to roll the dice, guaranteed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off Revis has made how much money already from the Jets. So he isn't going to jump as easily at a long term deal ( possible injury concerns) without getting Mario Williams money. This isn't some player that has never made big money and will jump to finally make it and not worry about injury concerns.

I want to know what team going to trade a lot and pay Revis that kind of salary, when they know they can just sign him in free agency next year, for just money.( no tag to worry about).

what they do with Revis will define probably the career of the JEts general manager. Does he sign him to monster contract. Or does he trade him and get no where near his value or ability.

BTW I see fans saying broncos are possible landing spot for Revis. I say no way. How much money would Peyton Manning, D Revis and Champ Bailey make and what percentage would they make up Bronco's cap. one injury to anyone of those players and that a lot of money you're talking about. Not to mention they have to sign their starting LT Ryan Clady- who going to be expensive to sign.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-26-2013 at 05:49 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    No reason to take a QB in the 1st round if Flynn is included in the package
    Not sure I agree with that. Creating a mirror of the Seahawks situation this year would be a smart move IMO.

Idzik laughed pretty hard when asked if he would consider trading for Flynn. It was a nervous laugh so I definitely think that he is considering it.