Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That sounds like the ranting of a child.. No one hates Revis, some don't like the way he conducts business but that's not hate.. 99% would love to have Revis for his career but not at the cost of crippling the teams cap.. What is so hard to understand about that??
    nothing but all the wanna be gms and head coaches here have all the answers on revis. lets go back into when we didnt have any superstar players on this team. remember that? i do...........

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the amount of hate on this board for certain players sickens me. are all you haters happy miserating year after year since 1969.

this guy is no good this guy is cancer this guy wants too much money. trade revis for what? draft picks that may never play an nfl down or contribute anywhere near what he does.

how many of you work and earn a paycheck? thats what revis is doing he just so happens to be the best at what he does in the nfl. so lets hate him lets bash him lets trade him. why not then most of us wouldnt have anything to ***** moan and complain about.
    Wow . The lack of respect in this post is astonishing ... Revis will command 13-16 percent of our total cap. The jets cannot allocate funds that way towards a position that is not QB. Plain and simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

nothing but all the wanna be gms and head coaches here have all the answers on revis. lets go back into when we didnt have any superstar players on this team. remember that? i do...........
    Gee I go back to the Titans in 1960 so I remember quite a bit.. If I'm going to pay top dollar to a player it's going to be a Super Star QB not CB..

Just for fun I took a look at some of the message boards of other teams. Those boards are lit up with chatter about how their teams have to do whatever it takes to get Revis.

It proves, at least in the eyes of fans, that Revis is considered a god in this league.

What that amounts to for us if we trade him will be interesting.

Darrelle is a POS.

His twitter says he feels bad that "Jets Nation" has to go through this.

I wonder how bad he felt when he put "Jets Nation" through his holdout in 2010?

As usual, in his world, it's all about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Revis for Brady!

Make it happen, Tanny!!!

Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Darrelle is a POS.

If you think Revis is a "POS" I wonder what you think of Mark Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Crappy player, selfless person.

Uhhh Mark Sanchez is a great person, there's no debating that.

All Pro
    He signed his slotted rookie deal, was in on time, never held out, and signed a contract they put in front of him. I don't have a problem with him.

As a QB, he's not quite what I was hoping for.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Darrelle is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocajetfan68 View Post
    Buc's have the most cap room and need. Greenbay and Minn. have the most need but much less cap room. Denver comes into play after that.
    But does Schiano still run the Tampa zone D that has been run since Dungy? If so, Revis would be an overpaid waste as primarily a zone CB

But your wanna be GM opinion is more valid?

Is it about having a "superstar" on the team? or having a team that can win a suberbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Is it about having a "superstar" on the team? or having a team that can win a suberbowl?
    Thanks that literally jumped off the screen and socked me between the eyes as I read his arrogant (typically so), lame-ass post.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    But does Schiano still run the Tampa zone D that has been run since Dungy? If so, Revis would be an overpaid waste as primarily a zone CB
    Not sure of the fit. was talking about 4 teams with a need at CB. Tampa has the most need and room. Green Bay and Minn. a need but not much room follwed by Denver.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I'm pretty sure teams need superstars to be a SB team.

It would help to have that guy playing QB... but SF and Bal have studs all over the roster, especially on D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Gee did our SB winning Jets have any super star CBs? No! Johnny Sample and Randy Beverly! But we won! The idea some are trying to convey to you is that a superstar QB is more important then a superstarCB. If our passrush amps up we will be fine without Revis. As it is we were #2 in the secondary this past season. Not too shabby! IMO Landry is more important for us at this point!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Gee did our SB winning Jets have any super star CBs? No! Johnny Sample and Randy Beverly! But we won! The idea some are trying to convey to you is that a superstar QB is more important then a superstarCB. If our passrush amps up we will be fine without Revis. As it is we were #2 in the secondary this past season. Not too shabby! IMO Landry is more important for us at this point!
    That might have worked 44 years ago, doesn't mean it works now.

And having the #2 secondary based on yards means nothing when we ranked in the bottom half of the league in points given up. If trading Revis guarantees we give up 10 fewer TD's next year, count me in. But chances are that it won't. Getting rid of quality to get quality elsewhere doesn't necessarily improve your team, it just moves the problems around.

Many years ago we traded away our best pass rusher because of worries about a contract ... we're still looking to fill that void. Do we really want to trot Kyle Wilson out as a starter for the next 5 years?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    I could see san fran giving up two 1st's.
    2 first and alex d. smith LoL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Gee I go back to the Titans in 1960 so I remember quite a bit.. If I'm going to pay top dollar to a player it's going to be a Super Star QB not CB..
    Pretty easy to tell the 20-something year old posters from the 40+ year old posters on the board.