Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You'd give up a sure 1st ballet HOFer for one of the worst #1 overall busts in history? Really?
    I could care less if Revis is a future HOFer.

He's a goddamn CB who wants to be paid like a star QB and our pass defense didn't exactly fold without him.

Smith was completing 70% of his passes before he went down with a concussion and has proven to be a rock solid gamemanager over the past 2-3 years. He's also a great fit for the WCO. He's smart, accurate, mobile, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

So yeah, if San Fran comes calling and offers a 1st rounder and a viable starting QB, I give Revis a first class ticket to the bay.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

He's a goddamn CB who wants to be paid like a star QB and our pass defense didn't exactly fold without him.

Smith was completing 70% of his passes before he went down with a concussion and has proven to be a rock solid gamemanager over the past 2-3 years. He's also a great fit for the WCO. He's smart, accurate, mobile, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

So yeah, if San Fran comes calling and offers a 1st rounder and a viable starting QB, I give Revis a first class ticket to the bay.
    Done. I lived in the Bat Area, so along with WCO, we could meet up with Revis to show him all the hot spots. Gratis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Again, the lions are over the cap. IMO any team with less 15mill can't be a player for Revis. That leaves 11 teams, 3 of which are in the AFC east, Seattle which has no need, Balt who needs to sign Flacco and 4 other starters.

Seattle $13.2M $18.6M
    This begs the question? What does Seattle need? With Russell Wison a year better and Revis locking down the other team's top WR playing with the best home field advantage in the NFL, how isn't Seattle vastly improved as compared to what they might get in the draft with one or two picks.

Why wouldn't Seattle trade a back-up QB (Flynn), a third CB (Browner/Sherman) and a 2d and 4th round pick for Revis? I fail to see the down-side for either team. The Jets get a replacement CB, a possible QB and 2 picks, the Seahawks get the best CB in football for a 3rd CB, back-up QB and 2 picks. Essentially their draft will be their #s 1, 3, 5, 6, and Revis. WIN - WIN in my book.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    I wonder who that GM was? I say 50% that its Idzig or 50% a rival trying to stir the pot and create a frenzy.
    Ted Sundquist

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Done. I lived in the Bat Area, so along with WCO, we could meet up with Revis to show him all the hot spots. Gratis.
    Make sure you don't show Revis the hot spots, until Commish Goodell tells us the trade is official. Then it's ok if you get Darelle into a DUI Braylon type scandal or worse

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i like the idea of getting a first rounder and a proven, young starter, who doesn't even have to be a star. could be a RT, or a good G, or an olb.
    Agreed; in addition, you get a much lower salaries going foward and out of cap hell in 2014.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This begs the question? What does Seattle need? With Russell Wison a year better and Revis locking down the other team's top WR playing with the best home field advantage in the NFL, how isn't Seattle vastly improved as compared to what they might get in the draft with one or two picks.

Why wouldn't Seattle trade a back-up QB (Flynn), a third CB (Browner/Sherman) and a 2d and 4th round pick for Revis? I fail to see the down-side for either team. The Jets get a replacement CB, a possible QB and 2 picks, the Seahawks get the best CB in football for a 3rd CB, back-up QB and 2 picks. Essentially their draft will be their #s 1, 3, 5, 6, and Revis. WIN - WIN in my book.
    Seahawks have top 3 CB duo without revis why do they need him again? Especially to the point of trading all that for a player at position that is one of there strongest .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Make sure you don't show Revis the hot spots, until Commish Goodell tells us the trade is official. Then it's ok if you get Darelle into a DUI Braylon type scandal or worse
    Good point. I'll focus on some touristy things like North Beach's Mario's Bohemian Cigar Shop (great focaccia sandwiches), Coit Tower, Alcatraz Island, plus a few Asian "establishments" I know to take off "the edge" so he's not tempted to indulge in excessive partying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Agreed; in addition, you get a much lower salaries going foward and out of cap hell in 2014.
    ideally they get a 1st in 2014, since they have a better shot of getting a good qb. that's what idzik should go for, try to get a proven starter this year, a 3rd rounder or so, and get a 1st rounder next year. the jets should still get a top 10 pick next year and will have the picks to get a better qb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Those are all very good teams. They, apparently, are not concerned about his contract demands.

Why? Because you never get a chance to acquire a player that is this talented. They are never available.

You would have to be an idiot to have someone this good, and then send/let them go somewhere else.
    I have to disagree. Nobody is saying that he isnt great but he is out for himself and has no plans to stick around for the future. So if you keep him and play him on a team that is clearly rebuilding your wasting his talent and he will jet as a free agent and you will get nothing for him.

Trading revis right now, ESPECIALLY with that injury, is the smart move. I think someone will make a ridiculous offer very soon. The jets are rarely in this position. I hope they dont settle for less. They should expect 2 1st rounders in 2 different drafts. If I was a team on the cusp of winning it all, I'd make that trade in heartbeat because it pretty much puts you in the SB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets pass defense was #2 in the NFL last season.

And that was without Revis.

Revis will be more valuable to the Jets when he is on another team.
    Yes he is

As for the ranking. It's not like Jets had many games were they were leading so teams didn't need to throw as much.

That said he should be traded. Jets aren't going to the SB with or without Revis in '13 and probably '14 too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Stupid, stupid, idea to keep Revis now and lose him in a year and get nothing in return.
    Which is EXACTLY what will happen. After the debacle that will be the 2013 season, the Jets need so many pieces to be competitive, dare I say elite, that there is NO WAY they're gonna tie up $100 million or so in a cornerback. Revis WALKS as a free agent in 2014 and we have NO COMPENSATION. C'mon people..... Yes Mike Tannenbaum ****ed the Jets with his stupid contracts, but keeping him and paying him a boatload of money IS NOT going to make this team competitive, fun to watch or a Championship contender.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "oh so you want revis......we'll take your first round pick ....oh and you will also take sanchez and his salary"

"not interested....ok bye"

::ring ring::

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houson? Denver. Both teams couldnt cover for Sheet

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Seahawks have top 3 CB duo without revis why do they need him again? Especially to the point of trading all that for a player at position that is one of there strongest .
    In the news, they are reported as one of the interested teams.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    "oh so you want revis......we'll take your first round pick ....oh and you will also take sanchez and his salary"

"not interested....ok bye"

::ring ring::
    That sounds nice. But I think that makes Revis too expensive for any team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

The guy was on pace for 26 TDs and 3400 yards. Mark Sanchez did that 2 seasons ago and added 6 rushing TDs.. No thanks.

And if you think that San Fran is gonna trade Alex Smith AND their 1st round pick for Revis then you're really optimistic about this situation. I don't think that would happen at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets pass defense was #2 in the NFL last season.

And that was without Revis.

Revis will be more valuable to the Jets when he is on another team.
    Look at you being all rational

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy was on pace for 26 TDs and 3400 yards. Mark Sanchez did that 2 seasons ago and added 6 rushing TDs.. No thanks.
    Turnovers?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So you'd prefer a QB who barely completes 50% of his passes and leads the NFL in turnovers to one who protects the football and completes 70% of his passes?