Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL! Now he's the greatest CB in NFL history?

So you want to tie up 10+% of your cap on a CB?

According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...owI7BwNng58MAP
    Only a top 5 quarterback should be paid like this.

Players like Revis are typically the achilles heel of the teams they play for. One man show. Yes, he's one of the best players we've ever drafted. No, he'll never help us win a SB.

If he prioritized winning and took a modest salary to enable the team to build around him, then it'd make sense to keep him. He's not interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    This isn't true at all. Revis is an excellent tackler. There a very, very few CB's in the NFL who can tackle as well as Revis

One of the first things I noticed watching Revis his rookie year was how good he was at tackling.
    I'm probably putting too much emphasis on that one play vs Tebow. I can't recall many others. The Pats go pass-happy a lot so he doesn't get many chances in the games that I see.

He's a great talent, but if he were coming to the Pats I wouldn't want them to take a chance on him.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    The only things I recall about that play is that Eric Smith was blitzing from the outside and failed to set the edge and Cro was in the Endzone with a WR and did not seem to even see Tebow until he crossed the goal line.
    That's correct. The play that TX is talking about and I was thinking about happened a play or two before the game winner. Tebow went around the right and when he turned the corner and squared up for contact, Revis avoided him like the plague.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    That's correct. The play that TX is talking about and I was thinking about happened a play or two before the game winner. Tebow went around the right and when he turned the corner and squared up for contact, Revis avoided him like the plague.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OpSgG_CUI

I checked it out, which seriously made me wanna vomit.

It's at the 1:54 mark and I wouldn't say "avoided him like the plague" but he definitely doesn't go all out. He forces him inside toward the help, so he doesn't run outta bounds. He was probably gassed because all he seemed to be doing was covering ground for Lehonard and Smith, who were f#king awful and the reason the game was lost. This may have been the game that convinced the FO to go get Landry.

Revis' tackling skills are what put him on par with the likes of Deion (who had none) when you think of the best CBs ever.

Practice Squad
    I disagree with the notion that we can't find somewhere to land Revis if we want to trade him. He is the best cornerback in the league, someone will pay him. Thing is many people feel THE JETS cant afford to pay Revis and finance the retooling they desperately need.

It would be an ABSOLUTE SHAME to see Revis leave New York. Period. 100%.

But, would it be for the greater good of the Jets: now, in the near future, or in the far future?

Personally, I'm undecided and hope the Jets are as well. Putting Revis on the block was about creating option/offers. I hope this "carefully" selected Idzik takes great care in his dealings with the most fantastic Jet I've ever seen.

P.S.
    Same for Revis; he should think deep on it. If I were a pro athlete I'd get my money too. How many of us volunteered to take a pay cut?