Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Gold rush forming' for possible Revis trade

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So you'd prefer a QB who barely completes 50% of his passes and leads the NFL in turnovers to one who protects the football and completes 70% of his passes?
    I'd prefer a QB who isn't playing it safe because he has no ability to take over a game. We aren't winning with Alex Smith. That guy is the epitome of "Play Not To Lose". Yeah, no thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could care less if Revis is a future HOFer.

He's a goddamn CB who wants to be paid like a star QB and our pass defense didn't exactly fold without him.

Smith was completing 70% of his passes before he went down with a concussion and has proven to be a rock solid gamemanager over the past 2-3 years. He's also a great fit for the WCO. He's smart, accurate, mobile, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

So yeah, if San Fran comes calling and offers a 1st rounder and a viable starting QB, I give Revis a first class ticket to the bay.
    +1 and we'll even throw in Sanchez as a sweetener.

Hall Of Fame
    I could care less if Revis is a future HOFer.

He's a goddamn CB who wants to be paid like a star QB and our pass defense didn't exactly fold without him.

Smith was completing 70% of his passes before he went down with a concussion and has proven to be a rock solid gamemanager over the past 2-3 years. He's also a great fit for the WCO. He's smart, accurate, mobile, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

So yeah, if San Fran comes calling and offers a 1st rounder and a viable starting QB, I give Revis a first class ticket to the bay.
    Why would the Jets ever want Smith included in trade talks with Revis? Smith is going to be cut this offseason and be a free agent. It would be foolish to have him be part of the value you get for Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why would the Jets ever want Smith included in trade talks with Revis? Smith is going to be cut this offseason and be a free agent. It would be foolish to have him be part of the value you get for Revis.
    Why would the Niners cut Smith when there are probably a host of teams that would give up a draft pick for him?

Hall Of Fame
    Why would the Niners cut Smith when there are probably a host of teams that would give up a draft pick for him?
    His 8.5 million dollar salary becomes fully guaranteed on April 1. Every team knows he is going to be cut before that.

His 8.5 million dollar salary becomes fully guaranteed on April 1. Every team knows he is going to be cut before that.
    Wouldn't this be why all interested teams would make a trade offer? Every knew we would cut Stanton but Indy still gave us a conditional pick.

+1

Although the value for him is no where near a 1st round pick IMO. They have a starter, he has little value to the SF.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So you'd prefer a QB who barely completes 50% of his passes and leads the NFL in turnovers to one who protects the football and completes 70% of his passes?
    Trade their O Line for our O Line.

Trade Vernon Davis for Dustin (My hamstring!!) Keller.

Trade Crabtree and Moss for... Kerley and someone?

Trade their D that has an actual pass rush for ours.

Frank Gore for Green.

70% becomes 50% real quick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Wouldn't this be why all interested teams would make a trade offer? Every knew we would cut Stanton but Indy still gave us a conditional pick.
    Two entirely different situations. Stanton had little guaranteed money and his value of his contract with the Jets vs. what he would cost if a free agent was equal. Actually his cost to the Colts was less than free market value because the Jets already paid him $500k in a signing bonus. Smith is due 8.5 million, which is much more than his value if he was signed as a free agent right now.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 01-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    No, Smith wont get an 8Million salary this season much less a salary plus an 8 million bonus. He gets cut in April and goes as a FA to the highest bidder.

OMG! The Darelle Revis trade thread has been hijacked by Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    OMG! The Darelle Revis trade thread has been hijacked by Alex Smith.
    You mean Revis has been intercepted by Alex Smith?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Not a first rounder

Banned
    The reason why a team would try to trade for Smith instead of waiting for him to become a FA is simple. It's b/c when he hits FA there is no guarantee that any particular team will be able to sign him. So you make a trade offer in order to guarantee that he will be on your team if the 49ers take the deal. If you're willing to sign him as a FA then you're willing to make a deal for him and then extend his contract. He's not going to command a 1st round pick, more likely 4th-7th so you're not risking a whole lot by making a trade. Letting him go to FA only lessens your chance of obtaining him and you could possibly wind up paying more for him monetarily if 3 or 4 additional teams are bidding for his services. It makes more sense to attempt to trade for him if you want to bring him in as your starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    All these Great teams have money to sign revis we have ****ty team can't afford to sign him?

There not a player on this team outside of Mangold and Wilkerson deserves what there getting paid.
    hence why tanny is gone and a strong cap guy brought in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    At last, someone brings out this excellent point.

Many of you are complaining that our scouting department needs to be blown up. We could have the best scouting department in the league and never know it if Rex was influencing Tanny to disregard their recommendations. Some have suggested that Mangini had a better eye for talent than Rex. Did you ever think that Mangini simply trusted the scouting deparment's recommendations and didn't meddle as much as Rex?
    great point..i think what little success went to tannys head and he thought he was the next tex shram!! lol...didnt trust his people..i think this is a huge point that needs to be made jets have a respected front office have churned out pro bowl players pre-rex..hopefully idzik trust his people over rex...

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    This begs the question? What does Seattle need? With Russell Wison a year better and Revis locking down the other team's top WR playing with the best home field advantage in the NFL, how isn't Seattle vastly improved as compared to what they might get in the draft with one or two picks.

Why wouldn't Seattle trade a back-up QB (Flynn), a third CB (Browner/Sherman) and a 2d and 4th round pick for Revis? I fail to see the down-side for either team. The Jets get a replacement CB, a possible QB and 2 picks, the Seahawks get the best CB in football for a 3rd CB, back-up QB and 2 picks. Essentially their draft will be their #s 1, 3, 5, 6, and Revis. WIN - WIN in my book.
    They got 2 guys that should have made the probowl already in Sherman and Browner and very good back ups in Lane and Maxwell. All 4 fo those guys together don't make 2mill. Sherman would have made all-pro this year.
    No Seattle would not make that deal, not in a million years

Trade the best under 25 corner in the league making 500,000 a year, take a 4 mill cap hit for trading Flynn, a 2nd rd pick and a 4th rd pick for the best corner in the game who is 28 and wants (apparently) 15 mill a year till he is 34.

This has seattle paying 19 mill next year to upgraded from Sherman to Revis and needing to spend another 2 mill to get a B/u that will probably be a downgrade from Flynn.
    Last edited by patman; 01-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Here is my plan : Trade Revis to Rams for 2 number ones or try to trade revis for a top 5 pick this draft and multiple other picks in this draft and or next year's one.We need to stock up on picks this draft and next year.With the 9th overall pick get Glennon and surround him with multiple picks in this draft.Cromartie is more than enough we don't need Revis,and I am not a fan of his attitude and never sincerely liked him.His hold out didn't endear my to him

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Not a first rounder
    Of course no team is giving up a 1st round pick for Smith.

But you're telling me that someone like Arizona, Kansas City, Buffalo, Jacksonville or us wouldn't give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Here is my plan : Trade Revis to Rams for 2 number ones or try to trade revis for a top 5 pick this draft and multiple other picks in this draft and or next year's one.We need to stock up on picks this draft and next year.With the 9th overall pick get Glennon and surround him with multiple picks in this draft.Cromartie is more than enough we don't need Revis,and I am not a fan of his attitude and never sincerely liked him.His hold out didn't endear my to him
    What makes you think the Rams are going to give the Jets 2 first round draft picks. Good luck with that.