Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now Ian O'Connor rips the Jets...when is enough enough??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Now Ian O'Connor rips the Jets...when is enough enough??

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eds-new-island

But for his own good Revis needs to flee right now, needs to get as far, far away from Woody Johnson as he can possibly get. The Jets are a losing organization on a losing course, a team with a lame owner and a lame quarterback and a lame-duck coach, and Thursday's introduction of John Idzik as general manager did nothing to alter those facts.

What a professional journalist...enough of these clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eds-new-island

What a professional journalist...enough of these clowns.
    I stopped reading the newspapers and blogs etc a long time ago. These guys have the profesionalism of a high school news reporter. They break fictional stories with "anonymous sources" that turn out to be right as often as sideshowbob is right. They have learned that you can't sell papers talking positively about the Jets and instead have transformed themselves into deadspin/TMZ. They hope to parlay this into appearances on talk shows and eventually a TV/Radio show for themselves . Good old fashioned media is dead.

I come here for all my Jets news.

Hall Of Fame
    O'Connor is half right.

What he fails to grasp is Revis' role in all of this. Revis is not going to give the Jets any breaks and the Jets have a lot of holes to fill with very little cap room. They are in a very tough spot. You can't keep everyone. Every team has to make these hard decisions. It is the nature of the NFL.

But he is right about Woody. Rex and Sanchez both should be gone. Idzik has his work cut out for him. The next five years of this franchise are in his hands, even if he isn't here for all of them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not for nothing, but this is part of the reason why many of us were rooting for the Patriots to beat the Giants in past two SB's they played.

Perhaps many of you understand what it's like to be in this town during the dark days, and how we are treated by the press in comparison. The Jets are the dog that gets kicked.

But go root for the Giants... they are not our rival.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    O'Connor is half right.

What he fails to grasp is Revis' role in all of this. Revis is not going to give the Jets any breaks and the Jets have a lot of holes to fill with very little cap room.
    You do understand if the Jets trade Revis, there will be an additional $3 Million cap hit this year?

It's super bowl week, lets talk about those teams

All Pro
    Stop giving these assclowns traffic to their sites, papers and blogs that's how you end this! As long as disgruntled Jet fans keep reading these article and giving these guys traffic to their sites it will continue.

Hall Of Fame
    You do understand if the Jets trade Revis, there will be an additional $3 Million cap hit this year?

That 3 million dollar cap hit is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The Jets are rebuilding and 2013 will be used to purge bad contracts and cap hits. Getting cap healthy for 2014 is the main objective.

All League
    O'Connor like so many others has a transparent agenda, bash the Jets
    about the "possible" trade and hopefully Revis and his people will become
    their "inside sources"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That 3 million dollar cap hit is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The Jets are rebuilding and 2013 will be used to purge bad contracts and cap hits. Getting cap healthy for 2014 is the main objective.
    That's your opinion...I bet Rex and Idzik aren't thinking next year is a rebuilding year.

Hall Of Fame
    That's your opinion...I bet Rex and Idzik aren't thinking next year is a rebuilding year.
    LOL...the Jets are turning over more than half their starting line up, have no legitimate QB and are hindered by a tough cap situation. If that isnt rebuilding, I dont know what is. I would guarantee Idzik is looking at this as a rebuilding year, why else would they be considering trading Revis?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

LOL...the Jets are turning over more than half their starting line up, have no legitimate QB and are hindered by a tough cap situation. If that isnt rebuilding, I dont know what is. I would guarantee Idzik is looking at this as a rebuilding year, why else would they be considering trading Revis?
    Lol

How in the world do you know Idzik is considering trading revis at all?

Because jason LaCanfora said so, and the rest of the NY media had a chance to fill their columns?

Hall Of Fame
    Lol

How in the world do you know Idzik is considering trading revis at all?

Because jason LaCanfora said so, and the rest of the NY media had a chance to fill their columns?
    They are rebuilding, just accept it.

dont believe the hype!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Everyone has an opinion

If Sanchez was average this year, we would have been in the playoffs....just saying

Hall Of Fame

Yes. This year.

I think Idzik is going to be absorbing a lot of cap hits this year. There will be dead money. And we won't be adding many players, at least as FA. Our roster will be thin. But hopefully that sets us up better for the future. I think Idzik is willing to take the additional headache of having to clear another $3MM in return for picks.

This thread is about the Jets. We can discuss the SB in other threads. I understand everyone is pissed. But it is what it is. A sh*tty situation.

Banned
    You're joking, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Everyone has an opinion

If Sanchez was average this year, we would have been in the playoffs....just saying
    I agree. I have made that point before in other threads.

If we had average QB play we would be a playoff team. If we had an average pass rush we would have been even better than a playoff team.

But we had worst-in-the-league type play in those categories, well at least the QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Everyone has an opinion

Thats true, BUT the 2013 Jets are going to be vastly different from last year due to cap reasons and player turn over. Plus, the Sanchez being an average QB is an enormous IF.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. I have made that point before in other threads.

If we had average QB play we would be a playoff team. If we had an average pass rush we would have been even better than a playoff team.

But we had worst-in-the-league type play in those categories.
    That's why I don't think this team is in dire straights.

It's not crazy to think we will be competitive next year...our defense alone will keep us in games

I hope we don't trade Revis. If other teams can afford him, I think we'll find a way

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thats true, BUT the 2013 Jets are going to be vastly different from last year due to cap reasons and player turn over. Plus, the Sanchez being an average QB is an enormous IF.
    Tavares Jackson may have gotten us to the playoffs

that's how bad Mark was