Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets remember what trading Keyshawn did for the jets

Lets remember what trading Keyshawn did for the jets

I hate the idea of trading revis and I think it could be a huge mistake but let's remember what trading Keyshawn Johnson did for the jets. 3 of those picks brought in a new era for the jets.

I also hated trading Abraham but we ended up with mangold.

I feel really weird about this but I'm trying to remember it might not be the end of the world if if happened.

Veteran
    Yeah but Keyshawn was an overrated WR and was a coup. He did play hard for Parcells but he was never a dynamic player IMO..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Yeah but Keyshawn was an overrated WR and was a coup. He did play hard for Parcells but he was never a dynamic player IMO..

He was still a big part of the 98 team and it hurt bad when we traded him.

Jets Insider VIP
    He did play hard for Parcells but he was never a dynamic player IMO..
    Stop. He was the 2nd best receiver in football behind Randy Moss when he was with us in the late 90s.

Both great examples, good work.

Key got us two 1's from the Bucs. JA nabbed one 1. Not bad for a guy who was busted twice for drugs, wanted big money, and never played in the post season when it mattered.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop. He was the 2nd best receiver in football behind Randy Moss when he was with us in the late 90s.
    agree

can't believe I just said that

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I hate the idea of trading revis and I think it could be a huge mistake but let's remember what trading Keyshawn Johnson did for the jets. 3 of those picks brought in a new era for the jets.

I feel really weird about this but I'm trying to remember it might not be the end of the world if if happened.
    I'm for trading Revis (dependent on the return). But you can't compare the impact of his loss vs. Key.

Revis is a first-ballot hall-of-famer in his prime. But Tanny and Rex have murdered this roster so completely in a short-sighted win-now attempt, that we're left with little choice here (although Revis' salary demands certainly play a role).

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

You think Keyshawn and Revis are comparable as players? Revis is comparable to Jerry Rice....

Veteran
    Yes he was, as I stated he played hard for Parcells but he was a possession WR. KJ and DR are on different levels..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post

Look what trading Eric Dickerson did for the RAMS in the 80s. Nothing, cause they blew all the picks.

If you can get a 1 & 2 for Revis, then do the deal. If you are going to get a 2 and a conditional 5, then don't. Is Revis looking for 11-12 million a season, or is he looking for 14-15?

And Keyshawn only brought in 2 picks, not 3.

Veteran
    RU serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    You think Keyshawn and Revis are comparable as players? Revis is comparable to Jerry Rice....
    Not yet. Only five years in. If his career ended today, he would not make the HOF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Not yet. Only five years in. If his career ended today, he would not make the HOF.
    Come on dude, there's a never been a corner like Revis, not even Deion. Much better tackler and he plays against bigger, stronger and faster receivers. He's on his way to GOAT status, no question

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

In 1999 he wasn't even in the top 10 in rec yards per game..

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...99/leaders.htm

Come on dude, there's a never been a corner like Revis, not even Deion. Much better tackler and he plays against bigger, stronger and faster receivers. He's on his way to GOAT status, no question
    No doubt that he is one of the best ever, but he needs to come back from this injury and play at the same level for another 5 years to be HOF worthy and comparable to guys like Sanders and Rice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sanders was faster and returned KO's and punts for 9 tds.. He had 9 pick 6's and close to 800 yds receiving.. Plus 53 picks..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In 1999 he wasn't even in the top 10 in rec yards per game..

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...99/leaders.htm
    He had rick mirer and ray lucas throwing him the ball. Keyshawn was the 2nd best receiver in the league in the late 90s. Thats why tampa gave us a kings ransom for him. Its not debatable.

The Jets NEVER replaced Keyshawn! Maybe for one year with Braylon. That was a terrible trade IMO b/c the Jets lost the most competitive guy on the team. And oh yea, Key won a superbowl! Jets still can't get over the hump. Stop trading away difference makers. That's what Keyshawn and Revis are.

He had rick mirer and ray lucas throwing him the ball. Keyshawn was the 2nd best receiver in the league in the late 90s. Thats why tampa gave us a kings ransom for him. Its not debatable.
    I liked Key also, but it is debatable.

Bruce
    Brown (Tim)
    Rice
    Moss
    Moulds
    Owens
    Chrebet
    Carter

just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I liked Key also, but it is debatable.