Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets remember what trading Keyshawn did for the jets

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop. He was the 2nd best receiver in football behind Randy Moss when he was with us in the late 90s.
    That might be a stretch. But to act as if we just moved on, and it was all good is preposterous. We still haven't replaced Key and he's been retired for years. Tampa never properly exploited his talent. He would have made a dynamic life long Jet. I'm willing to bet we really didn't have to lose him. His agent was an idiot for demanding that extra year on his rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    No doubt that he is one of the best ever, but he needs to come back from this injury and play at the same level for another 5 years to be HOF worthy and comparable to guys like Sanders and Rice.
    Really?
    Because I think he already has done enough to be compared to favorably with Gale Sayers.
    Calvin Johnson is the consensus Top Wide Receiver in the NFL, and Revis over his career has ERASED him from games. Look at the numbers. The 09 season when he was robbed for DPOY, we were amazed. The '10 and '11 seasons seem routine and typical. They are NOT! They are years in the career of a legend. Enjoy them while they last.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    The Deion/Revis comparisons are ridiculous. It has to do with football fans' love of "playmakers". Guys who jump routes and get pick-6s also get burned for long touchdowns. Revis never gets burned. For four years Revis has been the most technically sound cover-corner in the league--man, press, zone, run support. It's not even f***ing close.

I could give a **** about a half dozen extra pick-6s spread across a career. Seriously with that crap?
    OMG!!!! +1,000,000,000

Ask Deion what HE thinks of Revis in comparison to him. The egotistical king will tell you, he wishes he could dream of tackling as well as Revis.
    Last edited by DanNamath; 01-26-2013 at 06:32 AM.

All League
    Keyshawn and Revis in the same sentence. Get a clue

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    The Deion/Revis comparisons are ridiculous. It has to do with football fans' love of "playmakers". Guys who jump routes and get pick-6s also get burned for long touchdowns. Revis never gets burned. For four years Revis has been the most technically sound cover-corner in the league--man, press, zone, run support. It's not even f***ing close.

I could give a **** about a half dozen extra pick-6s spread across a career. Seriously with that crap?
    Never?? Very rarely but I remember Ted Ginn beat him on Monday night football for a td.. Moss did on a play he hurt his hamstring on and Steve Johnson on the Bills gives him some problems.. Yes I think he's phenomenal one of the best if not the best cover corner ever.. But unlike some of you I don't think he's God.. I don't know how comparing him to a 8 time pro bowler 6 time all pro, first ballot HOF'er is somehow a insult??

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Come on dude, there's a never been a corner like Revis, not even Deion. Much better tackler and he plays against bigger, stronger and faster receivers. He's on his way to GOAT status, no question
    Never? Champ Bailey? Darrel Green? Jack Tatum? Aaron Glenn till he got hurt.. Others as well, Thomas Chiefs, Haynes Raiders... All were outstanding at cover.. There were some great db's and he's coming back from serious injury. Going to be harder than everyone thinks to return from injury and may be setbacks. He has to be able to cut hard on that knee, and it will take time, meanwhile, we just wasted a year of his salary (last year) and next year we will have less than Revis, I believe he should sign a long term cap friendly contract or we trade for at least a 1 and a good player or top 3 round pick.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Never? Champ Bailey? Darrel Green? Jack Tatum? Aaron Glenn till he got hurt.. Others as well, Thomas Chiefs, Haynes Raiders... All were outstanding at cover.. There were some great db's and he's coming back from serious injury. Going to be harder than everyone thinks to return from injury and may be setbacks. He has to be able to cut hard on that knee, and it will take time, meanwhile, we just wasted a year of his salary (last year) and next year we will have less than Revis, I believe he should sign a long term cap friendly contract or we trade for at least a 1 and a good player or top 3 round pick.
    No , no, no, and no again

http://t.co/bCu2ueqr
    Last edited by BRONX JET; 01-26-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    No , no, no, and no again

Reality?

Both great examples, good work.

Key got us two 1's from the Bucs. JA nabbed one 1. Not bad for a guy who was busted twice for drugs, wanted big money, and never played in the post season when it mattered.
    When did John Abraham get busted for drugs???

Both great examples, good work.

Key got us two 1's from the Bucs. JA nabbed one 1. Not bad for a guy who was busted twice for drugs, wanted big money, and never played in the post season when it mattered.
    And we're still looking for our pass rusher since Abe left. Though I agreed with both of these moves when we did them. Trading Revis, not so much. Trading Cromartie, or Harris I can live with.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Reality?
    Oh yes, if he traded that's exactly what I want after next year. See how all the trade Revis people like it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Come on dude, there's a never been a corner like Revis, not even Deion. Much better tackler and he plays against bigger, stronger and faster receivers. He's on his way to GOAT status, no question
    Yea, that was a great tackle on Tebow in Denver when we needed a stop on 3rd down near the sidelines. The old ole play!
    Bernard Pollard would have blown Tebow up!

Revis thinks he's bigger than the team, thus he's gotta go if the price is right.
    We always get the superstars that hold us hostage ie. Abraham, Keyshawn, & now Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Yea, that was a great tackle on Tebow in Denver when we needed a stop on 3rd down near the sidelines. The old ole play!
    Bernard Pollard would have blown Tebow up!

Revis thinks he's bigger than the team, thus he's gotta go if the price is right.
    We always get the superstars that hold us hostage ie. Abraham, Keyshawn, & now Revis.
    KJ made 3 pro bowls in a 11 year career to me he's not on the same level as Revis and Abe who are All Pro's.. Come to think of it when did Abe give the Jets a contract problem like Mevis and KJ?? His base salary last season was 1.5 million with s Bonus and misc bonus made him 4.4 million..