Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets remember what trading Keyshawn did for the jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop. He was the 2nd best receiver in football behind Randy Moss when he was with us in the late 90s.
    LMAO

Not even close as already proved.

Banned
    He had rick mirer and ray lucas throwing him the ball. Keyshawn was the 2nd best receiver in the league in the late 90s. Thats why tampa gave us a kings ransom for him. Its not debatable.
    For once, we agree.

And trading Keyshawn was absolutely the right move at the time. The Bucs gave us an offer we couldn't refuse.

If the right offer comes along, I think the Jets should trade Revis.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Come on dude, there's a never been a corner like Revis, not even Deion. Much better tackler and he plays against bigger, stronger and faster receivers. He's on his way to GOAT status, no question
    If he would actually catch a ball and run it back for a TD occasionally maybe - otherwise no

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    If he would actually catch a ball and run it back for a TD occasionally maybe - otherwise no
    He's returned 3 of his 19 INTs for touchdowns and has 369 return yards off his picks....

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Sanders was faster and returned KO's and punts for 9 tds.. He had 9 pick 6's and close to 800 yds receiving.. Plus 53 picks..
    He had ball skills that Revis doesn't have, but people still threw at Deion. Nobody throws at Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He had rick mirer and ray lucas throwing him the ball. Keyshawn was the 2nd best receiver in the league in the late 90s. Thats why tampa gave us a kings ransom for him. Its not debatable.
    He wasn't top 10 in 1998 with Vinny throwing him the ball.. Nothing is debatable to you.. As a matter of fact in 1998 Wayne had 8 less catches 2 less tds and 48 yds less receving yds so I guess that would make him the 3 best w/r in 1998??

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...98/leaders.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He wasn't top 10 in 1998 with Vinny throwing him the ball.. Nothing is debatable to you.. As a matter of fact in 1998 Wayne had 8 less catches 2 less tds and 48 yds less receving yds so I guess that would make him the 3 best w/r in 1998??

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...98/leaders.htm
    I am totally on the Keyshawn side of this debate. The guy played every bit as hard as Chrebet but was more talented and brought an attitude that the Jets severely lacked in the Coslet/Carroll/Kotite eras. 2 1st rounders was great value but I would never have traded Keyshawn in his prime for Abraham and Becht. They then tried to replace Keyshawn with Dedric Ward, which was a disaster, and also the reason why Richie Anderson and Curtis Martin were 1-2 in catches in 2000. Did Chrebet's numbers go up or down after Keyshawn left? Down. 1998 was the last top 10 offense this team had and Keyshawn was a huge part of it. Vinny got hurt in 1999 and Parcells retired/Key traded a year later and they never got a chance to make another run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Yeah but Keyshawn was an overrated WR and was a coup. He did play hard for Parcells but he was never a dynamic player IMO..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    He was like Plaxico Burress ie., slow but tall with good hands. Neither was close to a Moss or Jerry Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I liked Key also, but it is debatable.

Bruce - no missed at lot of games the years prior.
    Brown (Tim) - Was 33
    Rice - Was 36
    Moss - 2nd year but yeah
    Moulds - no was never on that level
    Owens - No not at the time
    Chrebet - loved him but no just no
    Carter - yes

just to name a few.
    Moss, Galloway, and Carter where the only 3 even close to what Key was worth at the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    You think Keyshawn and Revis are comparable as players? Revis is comparable to Jerry Rice....
    In what way?

revis has played what 4 years? Great player but the statement you made is laughable and not credible for another 5 years or so.

Rice literally helped his win SB's. Revis was a holdout.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Moss, Galloway, and Carter where the only 3 even close to what Key was worth at the time.
    Did you guys forget about Jimmy Smith?

And where did Joey Galloway come from? LOL
    Last edited by Ruby2; 01-25-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Did you guys forget about Jimmy Smith?

And where did Joey Galloway come from? LOL
    Jimmy wasn't even the best Smith and even Rod wasn't worth that much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Jimmy wasn't even the best Smith and even Rod wasn't worth that much.
    As usual, I simply dont know what you are talking about.

Both Jimmy and Rod were better players than Keyshawn, and I think I would take Jimmy over Rod.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdflip78 View Post
    I am totally on the Keyshawn side of this debate. The guy played every bit as hard as Chrebet but was more talented and brought an attitude that the Jets severely lacked in the Coslet/Carroll/Kotite eras. 2 1st rounders was great value but I would never have traded Keyshawn in his prime for Abraham and Becht. They then tried to replace Keyshawn with Dedric Ward, which was a disaster, and also the reason why Richie Anderson and Curtis Martin were 1-2 in catches in 2000. Did Chrebet's numbers go up or down after Keyshawn left? Down. 1998 was the last top 10 offense this team had and Keyshawn was a huge part of it. Vinny got hurt in 1999 and Parcells retired/Key traded a year later and they never got a chance to make another run.
    Like many player fans you miss my point.. I think KJ was a fine possession W/R I just didn't think he was the 2nd best w/r in the NFL.. Am I clearer now??

yes and both guys needed a qb. rice needed one to throw him the ball and revis needs one to help the offense score some points.

You think Keyshawn and Revis are comparable as players? Revis is comparable to Jerry Rice....

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    The Jets NEVER replaced Keyshawn! Maybe for one year with Braylon. That was a terrible trade IMO b/c the Jets lost the most competitive guy on the team. And oh yea, Key won a superbowl! Jets still can't get over the hump. Stop trading away difference makers. That's what Keyshawn and Revis are.
    no they didnt and yes they are!

All League
    Stop. He was the 2nd best receiver in football behind Randy Moss when he was with us in the late 90s.
    He was a legend in his own mind. Good but not great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummmmm this!!!!

We all are kidding right!!!

The Deion/Revis comparisons are ridiculous. It has to do with football fans' love of "playmakers". Guys who jump routes and get pick-6s also get burned for long touchdowns. Revis never gets burned. For four years Revis has been the most technically sound cover-corner in the league--man, press, zone, run support. It's not even f***ing close.

I could give a **** about a half dozen extra pick-6s spread across a career. Seriously with that crap?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    The Deion/Revis comparisons are ridiculous. It has to do with football fans' love of "playmakers". Guys who jump routes and get pick-6s also get burned for long touchdowns. Revis never gets burned. For four years Revis has been the most technically sound cover-corner in the league--man, press, zone, run support. It's not even f***ing close.

I could give a **** about a half dozen extra pick-6s spread across a career. Seriously with that crap?
    YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is called FF!!!!!!!!!!!