Thread: Thinking about it, we have the luxury to either trade an all time CB or a pro bowl CB

All Pro

Thinking about it, we have the luxury to either trade an all time CB or a pro bowl CB

Whether we decide to trade Revis or not, the whole speculation shows us how we will have a great trading chip in the offseason. Without Revis our secondary was decent last year and Cro had a career year. I would argue though that we still had to compensate for the loss of Revis by putting more people into coverage which hurt our run defense (we stunk in that regard). Plus Revis is a big presence in the locker room no matter if people believe it or not. His aura alone gives that defense a lot and numerous times players have commented on how much he helped them with their game and how to prepare (Cro, Wilson).

Cromartie could easily get us a first round pick in return or a strong player at a position of greater need. Teams these days are more than desperate for cornerback help and some teams have tremendous problems in that regard (Detroit, Washington, Giants just to name a few). He earns a lot for a second cornerback and I think he would be the guy I would trade.

Anyways, no matter what the intentions of the Jets are, with the best and one of the top ten CBs in the game plus some pretty good depth behind them (Wilson, Berry, Trufant, Lankster) we have the big luxury to really see what is out there and what we can get for one of our guys. That could lead to a great deal in the summer which could be the base for a true rebound offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Whether we decide to trade Revis or not, the whole speculation shows us how we will have a great trading chip in the offseason. Without Revis our secondary was decent last year and Cro had a career year. I would argue though that we still had to compensate for the loss of Revis by putting more people into coverage which hurt our run defense (we stunk in that regard). Plus Revis is a big presence in the locker room no matter if people believe it or not. His aura alone gives that defense a lot and numerous times players have commented on how much he helped them with their game and how to prepare (Cro, Wilson).

Cromartie could easily get us a first round pick in return or a strong player at a position of greater need. Teams these days are more than desperate for cornerback help and some teams have tremendous problems in that regard (Detroit, Washington, Giants just to name a few). He earns a lot for a second cornerback and I think he would be the guy I would trade.

Anyways, no matter what the intentions of the Jets are, with the best and one of the top ten CBs in the game plus some pretty good depth behind them (Wilson, Berry, Trufant, Lankster) we have the big luxury to really see what is out there and what we can get for one of our guys. That could lead to a great deal in the summer which could be the base for a true rebound offseason.
    +1

Cromartie is the guy with the bad contract. Cromartie is coming off a great season, injury free. If anyone should be traded it's him. Revis allows you to have a JAG at CB on the other side because you take all the help you would have given him and shade it to the other side.

I'd rather sign Revis to a 12M dollar per year deal than keep Cromartie and his pass interference penalties for 9-10M a year. And there's no doubt that Cromartie could fetch at least a proven offensive player or a 1st round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    +1

Cromartie is the guy with the bad contract. Cromartie is coming off a great season, injury free. If anyone should be traded it's him. Revis allows you to have a JAG at CB on the other side because you take all the help you would have given him and shade it to the other side.

I'd rather sign Revis to a 12M dollar per year deal than keep Cromartie and his pass interference penalties for 9-10M a year. And there's no doubt that Cromartie could fetch at least a proven offensive player or a 1st round draft pick.
    You go ahead and try to sign Revis for 12 mil a year so he can laugh in your face.

All League
    +1

+1. Cromartie is the luxury, not Revis, as some people would like to convey.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 01-25-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Revis for 12M still makes him the highest paid CB in the league.

What am I missing here?

All Pro
    Revis for 12M still makes him the highest paid CB in the league.

What am I missing here?
    He's still propably looking at a little bigger deal. Anyways, people whine about paying him so much money yet are ok with giving Cromartie 9 million a year. Dont get me wrong, Cro is a good player but nowhere near Revis. No CB of our generation is close.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He's still propably looking at a little bigger deal. Anyways, people whine about paying him so much money yet are ok with giving Cromartie 9 million a year. Dont get me wrong, Cro is a good player but nowhere near Revis. No CB of our generation is close.
    He always said he only wants to be the highest paid CB even if its just $.50 more..

The astronomical I see people throw around like 20million a yr are funny cause we never heard him say anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    He always said he only wants to be the highest paid CB even if its just $.50 more..

The astronomical I see people throw around like 20million a yr are funny cause we never heard him say anything like that.
    And he'd currently be the highest paid CB at 12M a year. And he's worth every penny of 12M a year based on current salaries and the fact that he takes away the best playmaking WR by himself. No one else can claim that.

If he asked for more money, which is possible like Flaming Mo is suggesting, it would surprise me considering he's not in a position of strength to do so and he knows it. He makes more money in NY than any other area, he knows that too. The endorsements won't be there and that's money out of his pocket. He'd be smart to re-sign with the Jets.

We'll see. Note that the Jets haven't actually said anything about this and it's all pure speculation which our owner flat out denied yesterday.