Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: I think its time to pull this question out again

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    I think its time to pull this question out again

    The New York Jets are, right now, the most hated franchise in sports. By their own fans, by their own media, and by everybody else.

    But why?

    I mean look at it. The Jets finished 6-10 last year. There were 8 lesser accomplished teams than them. Yet those other teams feel like great success stories to where the Jets are concerned.

    Why aren't the Jets the equivalent of the "loveable loser" Chicago Cubs or something like that?

    Is it Rex alone? That doesn't seem possible that one man could drum up so much hatred without committing a crime.

    It just doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three things:

    I think its just media created especially recently.

    Otherwise its just a new york thing. Fans love to hate new york no matter how bad the team is.

    I also think Rex is just too much of a loud mouth and has started a bad culture with this franchise. If you are going to talk you better put a quality product on the field...aka the steelers.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea a lot has to do with Rex's big claims.
    Nobody likes a bragger who makes claims that false. ask SAR1

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Three things:

    I think its just media created especially recently.

    Otherwise its just a new york thing. Fans love to hate new york no matter how bad the team is.

    I also think Rex is just too much of a loud mouth and has started a bad culture with this franchise. If you are going to talk you better put a quality product on the field...aka the steelers.
    I don't know. People laugh at the Mets, but they don't hate them. People laugh at the Jets AND hate them.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say they're "hated". I think people are more annoyed by them then anything.

    Just for the reason that they make the news so much for no good reason. Mainly because of the stupid NY media making a topic out of nothing.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the New York media. They have an inflated sense of their own worth and they blow up non issues and create a media circus. It's all them. Believe me, you can spin anything any way you want. It's not that hard and it sells papers. Most people outside of New York buy in because they don't know this.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree.....you and many others have fallen victim to the media hype trap....this is a team that has one losing season in the last 5 years and coming off a 6-10 seaons....not a 2-12 season.....fact is all the media nonsense has little to NO impact on the Jets and the new GM....I find it funny how so many of you get caught up. I am just a die hard Jets fan since 1975 who is looking forward to hopefully a nice off season....the rest of you can doom and gloom and crash and burn. My focus and energy is on the new moves. You can keep up the non stop idiotic banter that has gotten WAAAy old.



    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The New York Jets are, right now, the most hated franchise in sports. By their own fans, by their own media, and by everybody else.

    But why?

    I mean look at it. The Jets finished 6-10 last year. There were 8 lesser accomplished teams than them. Yet those other teams feel like great success stories to where the Jets are concerned.

    Why aren't the Jets the equivalent of the "loveable loser" Chicago Cubs or something like that?

    Is it Rex alone? That doesn't seem possible that one man could drum up so much hatred without committing a crime.

    It just doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    It's the New York media. They have an inflated sense of their own worth and they blow up non issues and create a media circus. It's all them. Believe me, you can spin anything any way you want. It's not that hard and it sells papers. Most people outside of New York buy in because they don't know this.
    That's true. But don't other media outlets like Dallas and Chicago do the same thing?

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't know. People laugh at the Mets, but they don't hate them. People laugh at the Jets AND hate them.
    the Mets were hated...most Yankee fans couldnt stand them but because its been over 12 years since they have been in contention they dont care no more. The Jets at least have had decent seasons in the past 10 years.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "miami" marlins are the most hated franchise in sports . . .

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build a bridge and get over it.

    If the Jets were winning 12 games a year and winning SBs JI would be the circle jerk you want it to be and the team would get the benefit of the doubt from the media.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    The "miami" marlins are the most hated franchise in sports . . .
    could be...same with the Pats

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Build a bridge and get over it.

    If the Jets were winning 12 games a year and winning SBs JI would be the circle jerk you want it to be and the team would get the benefit of the doubt from the media.
    I don't want it to be a circle jerk. I just want it to be balanced. This team was crap last year and deserves to be knocked around a bit. But there comes a point when enough's enough. And we have gone beyond that point.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lived in Dallas for 2 years...they do the saem thing but not even close to the level of the New York media....what if the Jets had ONE playoff win in 17 years? What would the papers say? There is no place where the papers are more idiotic than New York City....I am a proud New Yorker but I have to say the truth. Look deep down at the Jets and some of the things they "did" then take a close look at how is was BLOWN way out of proportion. I say enough is enough....I don't even read the New York papers anymore....I get my info online from more rational sources.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's true. But don't other media outlets like Dallas and Chicago do the same thing?

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    It's the New York media. They have an inflated sense of their own worth and they blow up non issues and create a media circus. It's all them. Believe me, you can spin anything any way you want. It's not that hard and it sells papers. Most people outside of New York buy in because they don't know this.
    Problem is that I live outside of the NY metro area. I listen to the fans of other teams in Florida. Its bonafide hate as far as I am concerned. PLUS Gi-aints fans hate the Jets and talk down to Jets fans anywhere they are. IMO WRECKS CRYIN' our head clown is the reason why so many HATE the Jets! He talks too much. Ordinary people all have snide remarks about the Jets because of him. Its a shame. If he could backup his bragging it would be nice. But he can't and his mistakes are amplified because of his bluster and BS.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't want it to be a circle jerk. I just want it to be balanced. This team was crap last year and deserves to be knocked around a bit. But there comes a point when enough's enough. And we have gone beyond that point.
    Blame Rex and Woody.

    The fans and media are a product of their futility and open door policy.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funniest part is that it's actually affecting many of you as fans.....get real, it's just bozos behind a typewriter! This has NO bearing on my perception as a Jets fan.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Blame Rex and Woody.

    The fans and media are a product of their futility and open door policy.
    Don't buy that completely.

    Again, Jets went 6-10. 8 other teams were more futile yet nobody talks about them.

    Fans should be smart to know about media, especially in this town.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    The funniest part is that it's actually affecting many of you as fans.....get real, it's just bozos behind a typewriter! This has NO bearing on my perception as a Jets fan.
    True, but it is very difficult to hear that a team that you have put effort into rooting for is so awful over and over and over. Even when you don't hear it directly from a source.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I disagree.....you and many others have fallen victim to the media hype trap....this is a team that has one losing season in the last 5 years and coming off a 6-10 seaons....not a 2-12 season
    Jets haven't had a winning season in 3 years.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us