Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idzik calls Revis...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Our team is still not respectable, though. They are a complete joke at this point.

The gleaming ray of light at the end of the tunnel is that Izzy seems like that kind of guy who's not into talking and all of that nonsense. He could very well bring that hush-hush attitude that we need.
    I am more concerned about the moles on the team and in the front office/coaching staff and I think we took care of those guys. I'm less concerned about rex making bold predictions or Holmes posting nonsense on Twitter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ppreciates-it/

Revis was no longer speechless after Idzik explained the situation. Idzik said in an interview that will air during Friday’s Pro Football Talk (5:00 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network) that Revis appreciated the effort to clarify the situation.

sounds like a straight shooter to me. ill be tuned in at 5pm.
    Nice move by the new GM. But since he's only a "cap guy" I'm sure it was just a discussion about numbers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    August 2012:

"Guys, the Wildcat is tough to defend," Ryan said. "Are we going to do it? Of course. At some point, we're going to do it. Some people think the Wildcat has come and gone. No it hasn't. If anything, it's just the opposite."

That doesn't sound anything like a guarantee to me, except that they were going to use the WC some time during the year. And they did.
    "Eckesg1, your face isn't any match for my fist"

"You're going to punch me!?"

"Whoa, brah. DIDN'T GUARANTEE, DOE!"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I am more concerned about the moles on the team and in the front office/coaching staff and I think we took care of those guys. I'm less concerned about rex making bold predictions or Holmes posting nonsense on Twitter.
    It's not just Rex. I should have made that clear. It's the ATTITUDE that I can't stand.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Eckesg1, your face isn't any match for my fist"

"You're going to punch me!?"

"Whoa, brah. DIDN'T GUARANTEE, DOE!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol @ xg1 drinking all that kool-aid.

He and everyone in the organization need to zip it.
    Why?

If you think anything Rex says for the benefit of the media is meaningful, you're the one drinking the koolaid

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Learn how to rehost, X. lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Why?

If you think anything Rex says for the benefit of the media is meaningful, you're the one drinking the koolaid
    Read the thread before you post, thanks. I clearly said that I don't like it because it reflects negatively on the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear about Idzik.

As for the little cat fight in this thread (meow!), I know Mr. Jimmies are Rustlin is a young'n, but everyone loved Rex's attitude when he joined the team at his introductory press conference. I'm not sure how much you followed the team in the Mangini area, but everyone was sick of 'it's a process'. Whether you have a loud mouth coach or a mumbler, you're always going to favor the opposite approach when the team isn't winning. Not many people mind Rex so much when the Jets were backing up his talk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

As for the little cat fight in this thread (meow!), I know Mr. Jimmies are Rustlin is a young'n, but everyone loved Rex's attitude when he joined the team at his introductory press conference. I'm not sure how much you followed the team in the Mangini area, but everyone was sick of 'it's a process'. Whether you have a loud mouth coach or a mumbler, you're always going to favor the opposite approach when the team isn't winning. Not many people mind Rex so much when the Jets were backing up his talk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

It's all about how it reflects on the team. That's the issue I have with it.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex hasn't really said anything? lol, ok.

TEAMS WON'T BE READY FOR DA WILDCAT! MAH BESS TEAM EVER, DOE! TEAMS GON' BE SCURRED OF DA JEST, BRAH!

The guy is the head clown of the New York Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey.
    You and your sh*tty gif's have something in common with Rex then. And he's not from NY, so he doesn't talk like that. Another 13 year old fan who thinks they know better then everyone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all about how it reflects on the team. That's the issue I have with it.
    I've come to the belief that anything this team does will be spun by the media to reflect badly. Even the matter of the GM being new to the building and having somebody show him his office.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Nice move by the new GM. But since he's only a "cap guy" I'm sure it was just a discussion about numbers
    Maybe he called to ask him what teams Revis prefers playing on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You and your sh*tty gif's have something in common with Rex then. And he's not from NY, so he doesn't talk like that. Another 13 year old fan who thinks they know better then everyone else.
    You know what, you're right. I'm sorry. I won't gif around anymore.

I've come to the belief that anything this team does will be spun by the media to reflect badly. Even the matter of the GM being new to the building and having somebody show him his office.
    While you have a point, why give them anything else? If someone is kicking my ass, I'm not gonna say "Oh, there's a bat over there that you might like to use".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our team is still not respectable, though. They are a complete joke at this point.

The gleaming ray of light at the end of the tunnel is that Izzy seems like that kind of guy who's not into talking and all of that nonsense. He could very well bring that hush-hush attitude that we need.
    I guess the other 9 teams who had the same record or worse are complete jokes at this point as well. This is the kind of attitude you have when you believe everything you read from "journalists" who have an agenda and have never ever played the game before. Yet people take their word like its a sermon directly from Jesus himself. It's ridiculous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did I say that? Again, there needs to be a balance. And as you have noticed, Rex didn't really say anything this year. And before you use that quote, he said "MAY BE"
    Why does there need to be a balance? What good has the media ever did any team long term? The NFL rules state the the qb and the HC need to be available post game and the media has access to the locker room and players.
    No patriot fan suffers because BB gives one word answers. and refuses to discuss any issue regarding discipline. You want to be a nice guy and buddy buddy in St Louis or KC fine. Do that in the northeast your asking for trouble.
    the media does not represent the fans, only themselves. Fans want the team to win, the media only cares about stories. I want the team to have the best possible chance to win on sunday, I don't care if BB is dour.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what, you're right. I'm sorry. I won't gif around anymore.
    Go ahead and continue with your childish gif's, that's really the only thing you contribute to this board anyway so have at it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Go ahead and continue with your childish gif's, that's really the only thing you contribute to this board anyway so have at it.
    Come on, honey. You know I can't take it when you're mad at me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    But I think the same could be said about our success or lack thereof during the rex era. Players yakking on Twitterhas zero impact on whether a team wins or loses. It's just annoying to hear chatter from a losing teamand subsequent media fallout.
    I never suggested otherwise.