Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idzik calls Revis...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    1. Tactics. You bought it. Your fault and the fans fault.
    No one bought anything. Recognizing someone's BS doesn't mean you bought it, pal. Nice try, though.

2. MAY BE. the key word is "may". That means it is not a guarantee.
    Ah, pulling an iBob: Saying thinks like, "It's 99.9% a sure deal", then when the opposite happens, "GUISE, I NEVER SAID FOR SURE, DOE!".

3. What else is he going to say? Teams are going to come in here and rip us apart?
    Jumping from extreme to extreme. Nice try, X. He could simply say, "We're gonna go in and give teams our best shot".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    When someone makes guarantees and fails to deliver, recognizing that isn't being illogical. Rex and Co. need to shut up and just not say anything. Why you're even defending these yapping clowns is beyond me.
    The only year in which he didn't come close to living up to his guarantees was the third year.

The first two years, we almost made the Super Bowl and in the fourth year, he guaranteed nothing. So he has failed expectations 1 out of the 4 years.

Those are facts based in statements and logic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only year in which he didn't come close to living up to his guarantees was the third year.

The first two years, we almost made the Super Bowl and in the fourth year, he guaranteed nothing. So he has failed expectations 1 out of the 4 years.

Those are facts based in statements and logic.
    Rex promised a Superbowl twice. He got neither. Rex failed.

Spin things any way you want, it doesn't change facts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one bought anything. Recognizing someone's BS doesn't mean you bought it, pal. Nice try, though.

Ah, pulling an iBob: Saying thinks like, "It's 99.9% a sure deal", then when the opposite happens, "GUISE, I NEVER SAID FOR SURE, DOE!".

Jumping from extreme to extreme. Nice try, X. He could simply say, "We're gonna go in and give teams our best shot".
    1. If you recognize that it's BS, then don't worry that he said it. If you understood that that was what it was, then why get so angry about it?

2. That's the way logic works. You don't like it, too bad.

3. Didn't he say that at Woody's presser after the season?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Fine and that goes back to my number 1 mantra in sports.

DON'T EXPECT.

Oh and by the way, were you *****ing about the fact that he failed at the time?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. If you recognize that it's BS, then don't worry that he said it. If you understood that that was what it was, then why get so angry about it?

2. That's the way logic works. You don't like it, too bad.

3. Didn't he say that at Woody's presser after the season?
    lol, the entire POINT is that he shouldn't say anything at ALL. PERIOD. Yet, he does and you're ok with it! The fact that you think iBob is logical just pushes this over the top. You're a clown-supporter, lol!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Our success (or failure) during the Mangini era had nothing to do with whether he spoke to the press. I suspect you know that though.
    But I think the same could be said about our success or lack thereof during the rex era. Players yakking on Twitterhas zero impact on whether a team wins or loses. It's just annoying to hear chatter from a losing teamand subsequent media fallout.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, the entire POINT is that he shouldn't say anything at ALL. PERIOD. Yet, he does and you're ok with it! You're a clown-supporter, lol!
    Who's more to blame, the drug dealer or the druggie?
    '
    By the way, I don't like guarantees either, But I believe that every new year is a new slate for managment and there is no carry over in terms of stuff like this.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's more to blame, the drug dealer or the druggie?
    What kind of analogy is that? You're still operating on the silly notion that I actually bought what Rex was selling.

He shouldn't have said ANYTHING at all. Do you not get that? Is that too highbrow?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of analogy is that? You're still operating on the silly notion that I actually bought what Rex was selling.

He shouldn't have said ANYTHING at all. Do you not get that? Is that too highbrow?
    But if you don't buy it, then what does it matter that he said it? The fact that you didn't buy it completely defeats the purpose and the effect of the statement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Who cares? Would he be a better coach if he had never made the guarantees but had the exact same results?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But if you don't buy it, then what does it matter that he said it? The fact that you didn't buy it completely defeats the purpose and the effect of the statement.
    Because it reflects negatively on the team. It gives asshats like Manish more **** to "write" about. THAT'S why I don't like it.

Maybe you enjoy the ****-slinging by the media, but I don't like when they are constantly dragged through the dirt. And who's fault is that? Rex and Co. They just LOVE to give the media something to buzz about and it's ****ing annoying.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because it reflects negatively on the team. It gives asshats like Manish more **** to "write" about. THAT'S why I don't like it.

Maybe you enjoy the ****-slinging by the media, but I don't like when they are constantly dragged through the dirt. And who's fault is that? Rex and Co. They just LOVE to give the media something to buzz about and it's ****ing annoying.
    Stop caring about what some "last picked during recess" wannabe loser writers have to say about your team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Stop caring about what some "last picked during recess" wannabe loser writers have to say about your team.
    Our team is still not respectable, though. They are a complete joke at this point.

The gleaming ray of light at the end of the tunnel is that Izzy seems like that kind of guy who's not into talking and all of that nonsense. He could very well bring that hush-hush attitude that we need.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

It does bother me. But I know that the media is doing this to sell newspapers and ****. So we go back to the question I posted before. Drug Dealer or Druggie?

If the media said a statement and nobody believed them, I would be fine with that. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.

Once again, I don't like Rex making those earlier statements about guarantees. But he didn't do it THIS year, IMO. Therefore, he shouldn't be criticized for it this year.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-25-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, I don't like Rex making those earlier statements about guarantees. But he didn't do it THIS year, IMO. Therefore, he shouldn't be criticized for it this year.
    Were you not here during the preseason?

BAH, WILDCAT GON' BE A WEAPON! TEAMS AREN'T READY FOR DA TEBOWCAT, BRAH! GOD DAMN SNAAAAAAAAACKS!

He's a ****ing clown.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a good move by Idzik. Whether he trades him or not, he did the right thing. Everyone knew Tannenbaum was slime. Cant say that about izdik.

Idzik has done very well in his short time on the job. I trust that he will clean this mess up and make the right decisions for the franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were you not here during the preseason?

BAH, WILDCAT GON' BE A WEAPON! TEAMS AREN'T READY FOR DA TEBOWCAT, BRAH! GOD DAMN SNAAAAAAAAACKS!

He's a ****ing clown.
    August 2012:

"Guys, the Wildcat is tough to defend," Ryan said. "Are we going to do it? Of course. At some point, we're going to do it. Some people think the Wildcat has come and gone. No it hasn't. If anything, it's just the opposite."

That doesn't sound anything like a guarantee to me, except that they were going to use the WC some time during the year. And they did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You're taking this very personal. Rex, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this was the substance of call. "Darelle we want you to be a Jet until you retire. But, as you know, this is a business. I've got a cap to deal with and my job is to make the Jets a better team. So long as I can re-sign you and still have a salary structure to build this team, you will be a Jet for life. If I can not do that, I will have to explore other options, which will include a trade."