Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie on Sanchez: "He needs a better supporting cast"

Cromartie on Sanchez: "He needs a better supporting cast"

"He needs a better supporting cast," Cromartie said about Sanchez. "That's something the new GM has to look at and evaluate as he's looking at the roster. He needs to get Mark some help."

That's easier said than done. The Jets' cap situation in 2013 is as bad as the Oakland Raiders' was last year, a reason several GM candidates were leery of taking the job. The Jets brought in 10 candidates over a two-week period before settling on Idzik.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...blem-with-jets

Stick to covering WRs and having kids out of wedlock with different women, Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Stick to covering WRs and having kids out of wedlock with different women, Antonio
    God damn, gottem.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    That's how bad things are, the D is answering for the O.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's the media!

This can't be true!

It's all Mark Sanchez's fault!

Why is Cromartie lying?!

SAR I

All Pro
    Well I know for a fact quite a few players feel like that....

We had the worst skill players in the league last year this has been said by current and former players .

Anything to keep the ball out of Sanchez's hands is a good thing.

So we won't pick a defensive player from a weak school in the first round?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Whether its Sanchez or someone else, the QB definitely needs more talent around them. No one is going to succeed with Shonn Greene and a line that can't open holes, along with a receiving corp that doesn't have a legitimate #1WR

We can't keep using our 1st round pick on defense every year, that pick is worth more than all of our other picks combined.

As the self appointed "second best receiver on the team", Cromartie should be congratulated for taking some of the blame.

Jets Insider VIP
    He needs a new brain and some goddamn lasic surgery.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    "He needs a better supporting cast," Cromartie said about Sanchez. "That's something the new GM has to look at and evaluate as he's looking at the roster. He needs to get Mark some help."

That's easier said than done. The Jets' cap situation in 2013 is as bad as the Oakland Raiders' was last year, a reason several GM candidates were leery of taking the job. The Jets brought in 10 candidates over a two-week period before settling on Idzik.
    Talk about stating the obvious.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No, he needs a better D.

Jets Insider VIP
    If anyone knows about building up a supporting cast, it's Cromartie.

Say what you'll say about Sanchez, but some of the players believe in him (Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You mean a cast to support don't you......

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Say what you'll say about Sanchez, but some of the players believe in him (Braylon Edwards, Antonio Cromartie, etc.)
    So they wouldn't believe in a guy who comes in and performs far better? Sanchez is a nice guy, that's part of the reason for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He needs a new brain and some goddamn lasic surgery.
    exactly hes a turnover machine.

We do need a better supporting cast, but we also need a better supporting QB. Translation: This offense blows.

On defense, we desperately need to spend one of the first three picks on an edge rusher. After that, I'm content with using the rest of the draft on offense.

I'm a strong proponent of stockpiling picks this year. Grin and bear it one more year with Sanchez (mainly because we're painted in a corner with him), but start to accumulate a building block or two on offense -- namely RB, TE, G -- and get the pass rusher. Then hopefully in 2014 we can have a rookie QB capable of playing Day 1. He'll have a supporting cast around him; we'd just have to keep our fingers crossed that he pans out and we don't mismanage him.