Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's gona be eighter Wilson or Glennon

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Don't pay too much attention to the completion percentage, he didn't play in a dink and dunk, screen offene where guys (cough, cough... Barkley) pad their stats... Like Matt Ryan who had similar stats in college, he as driving the ball down field.

Also realize he leading rusher went for less than 700 yards, and every single game I've watched his WRs dropped (a lot) passes. Don't believe me, go watch UNC game on YouTube and count the drops in that one.... 8 I believe...
    This

Glennon had one of the worst supporting casts in the country.

That's not an opinion, it's a straight up fact.

Glennon is literally the only player on that NC State offense that will get drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If we pick a Qb from this draft at #9 I'll vomit.
    +1
    QBs in this year's draft are weak
    each would be a "reach" @ #9

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    It's about mixed with how many people loved/hated Sanchez who love/hate Glennon. If the draft were coordinated by simply knowing who one group loves/hates then there would never be any guessing at it.

You don't take a project who has poor mechanics and questionable decision making in the top 10.

The board was split on Sanchez to begin this year, the people I'm talking about knew Sanchez was bad before he was drafted and if not surely after his 2nd year.

On the bold... I agree, except that Glennons throwing mechanics aren't poor, on the contrary they are great.

Don't pay too much attention to the completion percentage, he didn't play in a dink and dunk, screen offene where guys (cough, cough... Barkley) pad their stats... Like Matt Ryan who had similar stats in college, he as driving the ball down field.

Also realize he leading rusher went for less than 700 yards, and every single game I've watched his WRs dropped (a lot) passes. Don't believe me, go watch UNC game on YouTube and count the drops in that one.... 8 I believe...
    I agree they had some drops, but his accuracy was off this season, no question. I just don't think the guy can move well enough. And he seems to have the happy feet (subpar footwork). I just think first round for him is out of the question and, in most draft years, the second too.

Sounds a lot like the excuses people give Sanchez around here...
    If Sanchez put up the stats that Glennon did, there wouldn't be a need for excuses.

All League
    [/B]

The board was split on Sanchez to begin this year, the people I'm talking about knew Sanchez was bad before he was drafted and if not surely after his 2nd year.

On the bold... I agree, except that Glennons throwing mechanics aren't poor, on the contrary they are great.
    One of the biggest supporters of Glennon was Sanchez' biggest fan before we even drafted him, and he's posted in this thread already but I'm not naming names...

You realize foot work and mechanics are one in the same right? Cause if you do and you can still repeat what you said with a straight face then you truly have no idea what you're talking about. It's the same reasons that Sanchez can't hit the broad-side of a barn. Poor footwork/mechanics leads to inaccuracy, regardless of how poor his supporting cast was, he's an inaccurate quarterback being touted by espn and NFLN to get people to watch their draft coverage.

All League
    If Sanchez put up the stats that Glennon did, there wouldn't be a need for excuses.
    So a terrible college QB deserves every excuse and to be picked 10th overall

..lol

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I agree they had some drops, but his accuracy was off this season, no question. I just don't think the guy can move well enough. And he seems to have the happy feet (subpar footwork). I just think first round for him is out of the question and, in most draft years, the second too.
    His accuracy issues are due to his inconsistent footwork, he throws a ton of passes without have his feet set under him. If his footwork was better, he'd be the 1st pick (another Luck). And btw its not like he came out of no where, he was actually a higher rated HS recruit than Luck himself...

His accuracy issues are due to his inconsistent footwork, he throws a ton of passes without have his feet set under him. If his footwork was better, he'd be the 1st pick (another Luck). And btw its not like he came out of no where, he was actually a higher rated HS recruit than Luck himself...
    I remember Glennon from back in the recruiting days (college football junkie here). He just never seemed to improve in college. Doesn't mean he can't be good -- and I am no expert scout -- but I am just looking at him and don't see anything jump out. But, of course, if he ends up with the Jets I got his back!

So a terrible college QB deserves every excuse and to be picked 10th overall

..lol
    Lol indeed.
    How exactly is he terrible again?
    Was it the 30 Tds or over 4k yards...
    I wonder what "terrible" qb like him would do playing for USC.

Lol indeed.
    I wonder what "terrible" like him would do playing for USC.
    Sanchez did complete 65% with 34 TDs and only 10 INTs for 3,207 yds and a 9.4 ypa

All League
    Lol indeed.
    I wonder what "terrible" qb like him would do playing for USC.
    You realize the "ignore obvious flaws and questions about a potential first rounder" is exactly what everyone did when they shot Sanchez into the top five right ? Or are you simply over looking things like...

Poor footwork
    Questionable decision making
    Poor field vision
    Lack of touch
    And the glaring problem of ****ting his pants when pressured

...for your love of a 3rd round quality quarterback ?

You realize the "ignore obvious flaws and questions about a potential first rounder" is exactly what everyone did when they shot Sanchez into the top five right ? Or are you simply over looking things like...

Poor footwork
    Questionable decision making
    Poor field vision
    Lack of touch
    And the glaring problem of ****ting his pants when pressured

...for your love of a 3rd round quality quarterback ?
    I never saw anyone write that Sanchez had elite tools.
    His ceiling was lower, but it was thought he'd be a safe pick.
    Glennon is nothing like Sanchez.

Stands 6'6" and has a rocket launcher for an arm.
    He'll go no later than rd. 2 and likely in 1 after workouts.

He's very much like Flacco and we saw how his great arm enabled him to throw lasers vs Pats against the wind, while Brady's arm could not.

That's the difference, why you take a chance on a QB like Glennon and what you're failing to see.

It sounds like the Jets are pretty enthralled by him so far, so we'll see...

Sanchez did complete 65% with 34 TDs and only 10 INTs for 3,207 yds and a 9.4 ypa
    A product of a great oline, and good RBs, WRs.
    Glennon throwing for 31 Tds and 4100 yards with crap around him is far more impressive.

A product of a great oline, and good RBs, WRs.
    Glennon throwing for 31 Tds and 4100 yards with crap around him is far more impressive.
    Sanchez's 2008 season? He had a good OL and nothing else. WR Damian Williams is a pro -- an average at best pro. Nobody else. Not close really. You ever look at the USC roster from that year? Ugh. I agree NC State doesn't have much but to say Glennon's accomplishments were "far more impressive" is where I disagree.

Notice - The same guys here who were the first to say Sanchez would never be a good QB (to much ridicule) are now the first to recognize that Glennon will be a good QB (to much ridicule).

Sure there are things he does wrong, but they can be fixed.
    What can't be taught is size, arm, and overall throwing ability...

He has a ridiculous ceiling and is exactly the type of QB the Jets should be selecting every time they have a chance to draft a QB.

Don't be surprised if he's in the top 10 when all is said and done.

I actually think the Jets might be lucky to get him at #9 when all is said and done. If the Jets like him and think he can be a franchise QB then they have to take him at 9. The Jets need a tall strong armed QB . That's the type of QB that can succeed in New York. I don't know enough about him to say if he is the right guy for the Jets - is he smart? Is he determined? Is he fearless? How talented is he? Is he durable? Is he the next Tom Brady? That is the Jets job to figure out but if they think he's the guy then he will be our #9 pick.

Sanchez's 2008 season? He had a good OL and nothing else. WR Damian Williams is a pro -- an average at best pro. Nobody else. Not close really. You ever look at the USC roster from that year? Ugh. I agree NC State doesn't have much but to say Glennon's accomplishments were "far more impressive" is where I disagree.
    John David Booty played about as well in that offense in 2007 and there's about 30-40+ guys on that 2008 USC team that went on to play pro-ball.
    In fact there's 4 WRs on NFL rosters right now..
    Their defense was sick too.

The way the offensive game is headed, if you take a rather unathletic QB that high, you better be dang sure he can hit all the throws accurately. Glennon doesn't do that.

John David Booty played about as well in that offense in 2007 and there's about 30-40+ guys on that 2008 USC team that went on to play pro-ball.
    In fact there's 4 WRs on NFL rosters right now..
    Their defense was sick too.
    I must be looking at the wrong roster or year. at WR I see D Williams and now Hazelton, whom the Jets just signed. Patrick Turner used to be. Joe McKnight is a good returner. Who are the other WRs in the pros? I honestly don't see them.

The D was nasty. Cushing, Clay, perry (when he was good)

I must be looking at the wrong roster or year. at WR I see D Williams and now Hazelton, whom the Jets just signed. Patrick Turner used to be. Joe McKnight is a good returner. Who are the other WRs in the pros? I honestly don't see them.

The D was nasty. Cushing, Clay, perry (when he was good)
    Some additional WRs who likely didn't see the field much when Sanchez was there, but talents (4 year starters if they went to NC State) nonetheless:

Ronald Johnson - Eagles - 4 receptions 82 yards and 2 Tds in the Rosebowl (2009 Sanchez)...

David Ausberry - Raiders - 6'4", 243 lbs, timed a 4.48 at the combine...

Cameron Jordan - Browns - 4th round pick