Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: It's gona be eighter Wilson or Glennon

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    His defense threw more games.

And Nassib pulls another Sanchez-like turnover.
    Ever think the defense has a definite advantage in these type of games. The Oline needs to learn a fulll set of plays and gel with players they've never played with. The D, especially the De's can simply rush the passer, but oh my Nassib sucks he was sacked and fumbled

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious about Barkley. No one even talks about him anymore, yet the still project him as the 2nd QB picked... I would not be shocked if he isn't picked the first 2 rounds..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taylor with a great run. Doesn't have that 2nd gear though

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Geno Smith is nothing more than a mistake prone poor man's Donovan McNabb.
    In other words, he's Donovan McNabb

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Ever think the defense has a definite advantage in these type of games. The Oline needs to learn a fulll set of plays and gel with players they've never played with. The D, especially the De's can simply rush the passer, but oh my Nassib sucks he was sacked and fumbled
    The defense is only allowed to play cover 1 or cover 2 and no blitzing. Its about even IMO

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think Geno does, despite what guys like Kiper and McShay think.

Glennon will probably shoot up the boards after the senior bowl/combine/pro days. Big bodied, rocket armed QB's always do.

I'd personally have no problem with Glennon at #9.

I'd rather roll the dice on a potential stud QB than take the 3rd/4th rated passrusher.

People can call it a reach all they want, but if the kid turns out to be a legit franchise QB, no one will give a sh*t where we drafted him.
    I have to agree with UT on just about all fronts here.

Glennon is appealing at # 9.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno Smith is nothing more than a mistake prone poor man's Donovan McNabb.
    Now I know you didn't watch him. His game is nothing like McNabb's. Nowhere near the mobility and a way more accurate arm.

For future reference, Geno Smith does not need to be compared to only other black QBs. He doesn't run. He doesn't even throw outside the pocket much. I'm sure you can figure out a white QB he plays like if you really think "outside the box"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    In other words, he's Donovan McNabb
    Sure McNabb made mistakes but I wouldn't call him mistake prone... In fact, if it were not for McNabb Reid would have been fired YEARS AGO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    The defense is only allowed to play cover 1 or cover 2 and no blitzing. Its about even IMO
    Yes, that's why I specifically said De's, they can just pin their ears back and go , no thinking no worrying about line adjustments they have a clear advantage over the OL. Ziggy Ansuwh(sp) is a good player , no way he does this against an established Oline .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Now I know you didn't watch him. His game is nothing like McNabb's. Nowhere near the mobility and a way more accurate arm.
    I watched a ton of him. Whenever they threw cover 2 against him he stunk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Smiths has two issues, compared to these other QB's who have a multitude of issues

- He lacks the escapability that could really help his game. He's sometimes almost a statue and waits so long for the play to develop that he can take unnecessary sacks

- Can he read passed his first throw? The WVU offense is very simple for that but it wont be that way in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He barely had a bad game all year. The ones that looked "bad" were a direct result of his atrocious D not being able to get off the field. His D gave up like 600 yards a game. How great did Aaron Rodgers look when his D gave up 580 yards to the Niners? You can't judge a QB in a game when the other team is going on 15 play, 80 yard drives literally every possession. That's what happened in the Texas Tech and K-State games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Smiths has two issues, compared to these other QB's who have a multitude of issues

- He lacks the escapability that could really help his game. He's sometimes almost a statue and waits so long for the play to develop that he can take unnecessary sacks

- Can he read passed his first throw? The WVU offense is very simple for that but it wont be that way in the NFL
    I agree with these critiques. But I think he does have some athleticism, just needs to use it more. By all accounts he is a bright guy and tireless worker, he can learn the reads I think.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with these critiques. But I think he does have some athleticism, just needs to use it more. By all accounts he is a bright guy and tireless worker, he can learn the reads I think.
    There's some truth in both of these statements, he struggled against cover 2, that took away his first read.

I do think he can clean it up, he just needs to utilize the pocket he has a move around in it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's almost disgusting how Eisen and the NFLN crew are trying to twist Mayock into saying Glennon is a first round talent. Mayock's profession is evaluating prospects, not selling bags of **** and calling it gold.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's some truth in both of these statements, he struggled against cover 2, that took away his first read.

I do think he can clean it up, he just needs to utilize the pocket he has a move around in it
    I watched him quite a bit too. I think throwing certain routes to "smurf" WRs that were 4-5 inches shorter than him were difficult. I think he would've looked even better if he had some NFL sized WRs. Not knocking the guys he had....they're just really small.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful play by Manuel, that's a stark difference than what we've seen from him in the past...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone else just hear Mayock say that he thinks Landry Jones might be 1st round worthy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I watched him quite a bit too. I think throwing certain routes to "smurf" WRs that were 4-5 inches shorter than him were difficult. I think he would've looked even better if he had some NFL sized WRs. Not knocking the guys he had....they're just really small.
    True but Tavon Austin is insanely good. If he can add weight and run a 4.4 he'd be a true weapon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    True but Tavon Austin is insanely good. If he can add weight and run a 4.4 he'd be a true weapon
    Watch the Pats take him at #30. They might. He'll be gold on that team