Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: It's gona be eighter Wilson or Glennon

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    It's a fair point. But I do think Scott gets drafted and he can't be any worse than Greg McElroy. He would need to gain some weight.

I believe if a QB has good football IQ and the basic NFL tools, what separates a guy like Moore from someone like Russell Wilson is just opportunity.
    Always true, it's always been my perceived notion that there probably have been dozens of players during their tenure in the NFL that could have made an impact has they been able to start, but the reality is there a multitude of factors that mean these players will never get their chance. This doesn't mean we go drafting/starting players on the basis of "what if" as I'm sure we're not the only team, but the argument has its merit.

Players like Brady could have rode the pine their entire career, lightening in a bottle.

Or they could have been players like Kellen Clemens who had so many oportunities that we truely saw how terrible he really was

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the top of this year's draft class wasn't so awful this guy would be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Hell last year he would have been.

Trade down, package up the 1st rounder this year with Revis and ship him off.

Get another 1st rounder next year and a 2nd or 3rd this year.

Take Nassib or Manuel later in the draft and take a flier on Marcus Lattimore, even if he doesn't play a down this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    take a flier on Marcus Lattimore, even if he doesn't play a down this year.
    Love this idea

If he's still there in the 4th, I'd take him and stash him on IR next season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Love this idea

If he's still there in the 4th, I'd take him and stash him on IR next season.
    He'll be a UDFA. Book it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB is the most important position on the field by a wide margin so it should absolutely be a consideration at pick #9.

And there will absolutely be at least 2, probably 4 QBs going in the first round. (Geno and Glennon guarantees) with Barkley and Nassib the others.

There are only 3 QB's in this draft that I can make an argument for putting it together and becoming a good NFL QB.

1. Glennon - Not only does he have the arm, but he also has a good release and that matters. I don't know if his mind is quick enough however, but I didn't know about Flacco in that regard either.

2. Nassib - EXCELLENT pocket feel. EXCELLENT release. Good arm, not great but the release being so quick is the best aspect. Not sure about his demeanor on field and I'm not sure about his deep ball or other touch throws.

3. EJ Manuel - Forget his senior bowl, I've liked him for a while now. Some of his positives I think will translate to the NFL VERY well. He's great at screens, unbelievably comfortable with a pass rush coming at him, and has a quick release. The negatives with him however are having to do with that 20 yard throw where he just sometimes short arms it.

Before the senior bowl I thought it, and now I continue to think it. EJ Manuel has a good shot at ending up being the best QB of this bunch. Simply because his best traits will translate so well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    He'll be a UDFA. Book it
    Seriously doubt it

The kids potential is through the roof. Some even touted him as a better prospect than Trent Richardson.

Like I said, someone will use a mid-late round pick on him and stash him on the IR for a year.

The risk vs reward is well worth it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    QB is the most important position on the field by a wide margin so it should absolutely be a consideration at pick #9.

And there will absolutely be at least 2, probably 4 QBs going in the first round. (Geno and Glennon guarantees) with Barkley and Nassib the others.

There are only 3 QB's in this draft that I can make an argument for putting it together and becoming a good NFL QB.

1. Glennon - Not only does he have the arm, but he also has a good release and that matters. I don't know if his mind is quick enough however, but I didn't know about Flacco in that regard either.

2. Nassib - EXCELLENT pocket feel. EXCELLENT release. Good arm, not great but the release being so quick is the best aspect. Not sure about his demeanor on field and I'm not sure about his deep ball or other touch throws.

3. EJ Manuel - Forget his senior bowl, I've liked him for a while now. Some of his positives I think will translate to the NFL VERY well. He's great at screens, unbelievably comfortable with a pass rush coming at him, and has a quick release. The negatives with him however are having to do with that 20 yard throw where he just sometimes short arms it.

Before the senior bowl I thought it, and now I continue to think it. EJ Manuel has a good shot at ending up being the best QB of this bunch. Simply because his best traits will translate so well.
    I agree on Glennon and Manuel, moreso on Manuel as I've been a fan of him for a while. But I can't understand people still touting Nassib after the senior bowl. Forget the practices where he looked bad, in the game he looked so much out of place it wasnt even funny. His release is too long, he is too small and his arm gets weak under pressure. Reminds you of someone? Yes, Sanchez... now Im not saying both are the same but Nassib is not an NFL quarterback.