Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 267

Thread: It's gona be eighter Wilson or Glennon

  1. #61
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    No QB in rd. 1. God no. Not this year. Teddy or Johnny next year.

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    The way the offensive game is headed, if you take a rather unathletic QB that high, you better be dang sure he can hit all the throws accurately. Glennon doesn't do that.
    Joe Flacco couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt and transferred to Delaware, where he played well, but didn't light the world on fire - still in the low 60%s...

    Matt Ryan was 60% for his college career and threw about the same number of INTs as Glennon his senior year... It was also said that he looked bad in early workouts leading up to the draft...

    Neither guy was obviously a better prospect than Glennon at this point of the year they got drafted and they both went in rd. 1...

  3. #63
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    No QB in rd. 1. God no. Not this year. Teddy or Johnny next year.
    And how do the Jets get them when they both decide to stay in school, or they come out but the Jets finish 8-8?

    Sort of like saying why the heck didn't the Jets draft Luck or RG3 this past year...

    You can't bank on anything...

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I never saw anyone write that Sanchez had elite tools.
    His ceiling was lower, but it was thought he'd be a safe pick.
    Glennon is nothing like Sanchez.

    Stands 6'6" and has a rocket launcher for an arm.
    He'll go no later than rd. 2 and likely in 1 after workouts.

    He's very much like Flacco and we saw how his great arm enabled him to throw lasers vs Pats against the wind, while Brady's arm could not.

    That's the difference, why you take a chance on a QB like Glennon and what you're failing to see.

    It sounds like the Jets are pretty enthralled by him so far, so we'll see...
    Except hes no where near as athletic. He'll get drafted and bust simply because of the fact that if they can't hit a receiver in stride at the college level then he won't in the pros

    You say Flacco based on size and are strength, I say Derek Andreson based on the quarterback I have presented in front of me. ..

  5. #65
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm a big Glennon fan.

    Does he have some issues? Sure, but who doesn't?

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you guys are waiting for the next Andrew Luck with virtually no flaws in his game, then I'll see you in 2030.

    And let's pray to God that we have the #1 pick that year.
    next year u have bridgewater. who may be an even better prospect than luck.

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,560
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    next year u have bridgewater. who may be an even better prospect than luck.
    Pump. The. Breaks.

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Pump. The. Breaks.
    you'll see

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,560
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    you'll see
    I won't. No one will.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Except hes no where near as athletic. He'll get drafted and bust simply because of the fact that if they can't hit a receiver in stride at the college level then he won't in the pros

    You say Flacco based on size and are strength, I say Derek Andreson based on the quarterback I have presented in front of me. ..
    The same Derek Anderson with the long hitch delivery, poor mechanics and who completed just 50% his passes in college?

    Sort of like trying to seriously compare Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez.

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    sophmores:
    A. Luck - 263 of 372 70.6% 3,338 yards 32 touchdowns 8 INT 170.16
    B'water - 287 of 419 68.5% 3,718 yards 27 touchdowns 8 INT 160.5

    hey i may be wrong, but lets see what TB does next year...he's hands down the best prospect since luck. the idea that luck only comes around once every generation is crap. maybe i'm biased bc he's the guy i want...he's so chill in the pocket, great footwork, touch, accuracy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPjOnmFVK4

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    next year u have bridgewater. who may be an even better prospect than luck.
    What are the odds Bridgewater will be better than Luck? I'd say maybe 5-10% right now...

    Now what are the odds the Jets being in a position to draft him? Maybe 5%... Probably less actually...

    Sounds like a good plan... Let's hold off from drafting a QB, we have like a 2-3% chance of landing the next Luck!


  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    What are the odds Bridgewater will be better than Luck? I'd say maybe 5-10% right now...

    Now what are the odds the Jets being in a position to draft him? Maybe 5%... Probably less actually...

    Sounds like a good plan... Let's hold off from drafting a QB, we have like a 2-3% chance of landing the next Luck!

    Luck was good this year? idk about that.... fact is the other two rookies were better. so i think the chances TB is a better qb are pretty damn ok...

  13. #73
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Luck was good this year? idk about that.... fact is the other two rookies were better. so i think the chances TB is a better qb are pretty damn ok...
    He was the only one asked to win games by throwing the ball.

    Just this week on WFAN I heard on separate occasions - Elway and then Herm Edwards both say that ultimately you want the best passer and Luck is the best out of all of them. I agree.

    BTW - I like Bridgewater an awful lot, think he will be great next year... He might go number 1 overall, he doesn't have Lucks size or arm, though.

    I also don't think the Jets will be picking in the top 5...

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    He was the only one asked to win games by throwing the ball.

    Just this week on WFAN I heard on separate occasions - Elway and then Herm Edwards both say that ultimately you want the best passer and Luck is the best out of all of them. I agree.

    BTW - I like Bridgewater an awful lot, think he will be great next year... He might go number 1 overall, he doesn't have Lucks size or arm, though.

    I also don't think the Jets will be picking in the top 5...
    hmmm idk...i hear u...and them...but idk... two of those guys looked good and one of those guys was pretty mediocre. luck chucked it a bit more than normal truem, and wilson and RG3 less than the norm. but still, this is hard to hear as a winning argument for luck if ur a wilson/RG3 guy. these guys werre 100+ rating, top 5-10 QBs in the entire league. Luck may have thrown a bunch, but his success was also waaaay more limited.

    I factored in the size issue, and i don't know it's as relevant anymore. i think we are in a transition phase in the NFL with QBs coming out and NFL offenses adjusting to the player....

  15. #75
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet's not drafting a QB in the 1st

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we are drafting a QB this year put me in the Glennon camp. I love his genetic tools...I love his footwork and mechanics. if all goes well he is an absolute clone of joe flacco, who i really liked coming out.

    the other guys scare the piss out of me. smith has crazy feet...just a bizarre QB. nassib....sanchez part deux. all these other guys are just bologna.

    in fact every single one of them is bologna.

    bologna. bologna. bologna.

    bottomline. don't draft a QB unless u absolutely have to. and then, do it like the giants or the colts do it. don't think ur going to luck out and draft rusell wilson or tom brady.

    but try for that once in a while anyway. regardless. if u have to draft a QB this year, draft glennon and hope he has a brain. but do NOT draft him at 9. draft him at 41 or if u get a another pick in rd 1/early 2 and he's there.

    at 9 i want to hear nothing but mingo or warmack.

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,779
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I am strongly leaning Glennon because of his poise,height,and down field throwing.Geno Smith is going to K.C.Glennon is calm,cool,and collective in all situations as evidenced vs Florida St this year.He looks off defenders and scans the field well.He throws well on the run,play action,shot gun, or from under center.He is nearly identical to Joe Flacco in height and long arms.He's from a qb college that produced Rivers and Wilson. I don't want Wilson due to his gun slinger mentallity and mistake making,and I would rather take Glennon who can throw down the field but I have more confidence in him not making an int.
    Jones , Manuel, Bray and Glennon R my Finale 4. I like Dysert alittle too but heard arm isnt lookin real strong. Manuel will make plays in nfl just like Kaepernick, Rus Wilson , G3 and Cam Newton. Landry Jones , Bray and Glennon R slingerzzzz whoz ready for new challenge, like nfl!!!!! Cant Wait to get 1 of these YoungGunzzz..

  18. #78
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    hmmm idk...i hear u...and them...but idk... two of those guys looked good and one of those guys was pretty mediocre. luck chucked it a bit more than normal truem, and wilson and RG3 less than the norm. but still, this is hard to hear as a winning argument for luck if ur a wilson/RG3 guy. these guys werre 100+ rating, top 5-10 QBs in the entire league. Luck may have thrown a bunch, but his success was also waaaay more limited.

    I factored in the size issue, and i don't know it's as relevant anymore. i think we are in a transition phase in the NFL with QBs coming out and NFL offenses adjusting to the player....
    Luck is a specimen. He's got the huge arm, sick accuracy, but he's a good athlete too. Oh and talk about clutch, the guy is cool, calm under pressure and already has - 7 - 4th QTR game winning drives...

    The stats aren't totally there yet, but just wait, he's being forced to take more chances, throwing so much for a rookie (200 more throws than either of the other guys)...

    He threw for 4400 yards, and about 80 yards more than either of the other two per game...

    In time he's going to connect all the dots and be right with Rodgers as the best Qb in the league. I really think so.

  19. #79
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    if we are drafting a QB this year put me in the Glennon camp. I love his genetic tools...I love his footwork and mechanics. if all goes well he is an absolute clone of joe flacco, who i really liked coming out.

    the other guys scare the piss out of me. smith has crazy feet...just a bizarre QB. nassib....sanchez part deux. all these other guys are just bologna.

    in fact every single one of them is bologna.

    bologna. bologna. bologna.

    bottomline. don't draft a QB unless u absolutely have to. and then, do it like the giants or the colts do it. don't think ur going to luck out and draft rusell wilson or tom brady.

    but try for that once in a while anyway. regardless. if u have to draft a QB this year, draft glennon and hope he has a brain. but do NOT draft him at 9. draft him at 41 or if u get a another pick in rd 1/early 2 and he's there.

    at 9 i want to hear nothing but mingo or warmack.
    I agree with this... Except we dont know what teams are thinking, if he looks like Flacco in workouts, then you need to pick him at #9.

    If he looks less than Flacco like, then yeah 2nd round or later is fine.

    I think he's going to show too much arm/promise to last.

    Agree also about the rest of the class, no one else has the ceiling this guy has.
    Probably will either need to take him in the first 2 rounds, or take someone late and draft another Qb next year.

  20. #80
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Luck is a specimen. He's got the huge arm, sick accuracy, but he's a good athlete too. Oh and talk about clutch, the guy is cool, calm under pressure and already has - 7 - 4th QTR game winning drives...

    The stats aren't totally there yet, but just wait, he's being forced to take more chances, throwing so much for a rookie (200 more throws than either of the other guys)...

    He threw for 4400 yards, and about 80 yards more than either of the other two per game...

    In time he's going to connect all the dots and be right with Rodgers as the best Qb in the league. I really think so.
    ur probably right monster, IMO luck prob has a chance at longer term success. the other guys are good now, and it will hard to play any better they were that good, however sustained success...dif story...and RG3 imo toast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us