Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It's gona be eighter Wilson or Glennon

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon misses another throw. Right on cue

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was not impressive at all by Glennon, Not only did he stare him down, he underthrew him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I think it's silly you guys make determinations over a couple series per QB....
    I am not....I have watched Glennon for 2 years. He is NOT top NFL martial IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I am not....I have watched Glennon for 2 years. He is NOT top NFL martial IMO.
    Wasn't referring to you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys I mentioned yesterday Glennon was not a playoff qb year one and is more developmental.I believe there will be a big payoff to the team who drafts him and waits till he gets better.He's similar to Eli Manning and how he looked year 1,but there is more talent there than being shown right now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    People now look at these athletic qb's and expect instant success.Where we are as a team,it would be wise to draft Glennon and let him develop with us and have a 5 year plan like with Eli Manning.Let him mature with us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw the Manuel TD pass.

That was a great touch pass, just enough to get it over the defender.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Its about what everyone and their mother knew coming in, none of these guys are first rounders in the least

But overall command of where to Go, touch, accuracy, and arm strength it was Manuel by a country mile

Still should be a 3rd rounder
    Would definitely prefer Manuel in the 3rd over Glennon in the first. Both have flaws and need development, but Manuel's natural gifts give him the edge. Plus, he will come cheaper. If you are picking a QB with flaws, better to do it in the 3rd than the 1st.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    People now look at these athletic qb's and expect instant success.Where we are as a team,it would be wise to draft Glennon and let him develop with us and have a 5 year plan like with Eli Manning.Let him mature with us.
    Holy crap! Glennon can't even sniff Mannings jock !

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not base all my take on a player based on 1 senior bowl.Let see how he does in individual workouts and pro days.There is plenty of time to observe him.One thing I know about him is he is calm,cool,and collective and has great facial expression at all times;that is much different than with Sanchez and his negative attitude.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap! Glennon can't even sniff Mannings jock !
    Did you watch Eli Manning year one with the Giants? He was underthrowing wrs all over the field,ints, and throwing off his backfoot.But you saw glimses off special things on his tape,similar to what I see with Glennon.Most Giants fans were running Eli out of town.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather not draft any QBs this year, none excite me at all......I wouldn't be happy with any of them, maybe a gamble on Manuel or Bray in the middle rounds would be OK

Load up on draft picks for 2014 and take your shot with Sanchez or Matt Moore or something....No reason to press on garbage QBs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Did you watch Eli Manning year one with the Giants? He was underthrowing wrs all over the field,ints, and throwing off his backfoot.But you saw glimses off special things on his tape,similar to what I see with Glennon.Most Giants fans were running Eli out of town.
    Did you see Eli in college ?

So what you're saying is Glennon in his senior year against college competition is at the same level as a bewildered rookie Eli Manning in the pros... we should totally draft him in the first

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon has made a couple of nice throws here. And to his credit, he is the only QB on his North team not to throw a pick.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-26-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon will be a great qb,love him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Joe Flacco couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt and transferred to Delaware, where he played well, but didn't light the world on fire - still in the low 60%s...

Matt Ryan was 60% for his college career and threw about the same number of INTs as Glennon his senior year... It was also said that he looked bad in early workouts leading up to the draft...

Neither guy was obviously a better prospect than Glennon at this point of the year they got drafted and they both went in rd. 1...
    Matt Ryan had Boston College, Boston freakin College, as a title contender!!!! You're comparing Glennon to him???? Blasphemous!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That INT was not on Manuel. Receiver had to catch that pass

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    He was the only one asked to win games by throwing the ball.

Seahawks sure didn't ask Wilson to beat the Falcons when he accounted for 450 yards of offense, right? How'd Luck do in the playoffs?

Fact is, Wilson outplayed Luck by every conceivable measurement, he was simply a far better player. I feel like Flacco and Eli fans are Luck fans. People impressed with mediocre play then a comeback at the end (when the main reason the team was losing was because of the QB).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We better not draft any if these guys in the 1st rd.. If it ain't Geno smith or Nassib ill pass on Any other qb in rd 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL stand by your man. Glennon was average at best
    Thank god some of our delusional fanbase aren't GMs. He's a 3rd round talent who might go 1st round because teams reach on QBs. Another Gabbert. Only QB worth a top 10 pick is Geno Smith