Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Revis will never be happy"

Jets Insider VIP
    During his last holdout he said that this is all about business. I want to play and will be ready when my agent tell me it is done.

He then came back after missing training camp and played gingerly before pulling a hamstring.He played a whole season with a bad hammy.

Now this season after a game and a half is tears an ACL.

Best we say our goodbyes to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    During his last holdout he said that this is all about business. I want to play and will be ready when my agent tell me it is done.

He then came back after missing training camp and played gingerly before pulling a hamstring.He played a whole season with a bad hammy.

Now this season after a game and a half is tears an ACL.

Best we say our goodbyes to him.
    Agreed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    Man,you STILL don't understand the situation. How stubborn can you possibly be? The ARTICLE IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE.
    So I should believe every article that was ever written? Is this the "yes" man? Because it makes sense if it is. I get it perfectly well. The point is this chief.... Revis is a top tier player that should be paid like it. The market will determine his value. He can stay with the jets and they can still field a good team. It really isn't rocket science.

Now I know we disagree on this. There is nothing wrong with it. I lean towards this way as do many many others. You lean your way as do many many others. An argument can be made either way. I just believe that you cannot trade away the ONLY sure thing this team has.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    So I should believe every article that was ever written? Is this the "yes" man? Because it makes sense if it is. I get it perfectly well. The point is this chief.... Revis is a top tier player that should be paid like it. The market will determine his value. He can stay with the jets and they can still field a good team. It really isn't rocket science.

Now I know we disagree on this. There is nothing wrong with it. I lean towards this way as do many many others. You lean your way as do many many others. An argument can be made either way. I just believe that you cannot trade away the ONLY sure thing this team has.
    Of course you can be traded because it's a TEAM sport. In a UTOPIAN world you wouldn't have to but you have salary cap, and other restrictions. But you still wouldn't understand because you equate what he does and the NFL to any industry and that's simply absurd.
    BTW the article makes PERFECT sense. Just maybe not to you.

Some people don't understand this concept. I brought this up yesterday. They look at it as a fan and not a business.
    Oh please. Its shortsighted greed plain and simple.

As a business decision think about it this way.

As a player I can take a little bit less so that the team can be better by having cap space and signing better players to play with me.

I'm still highly paid 8-10 million per season as no one has asked revis to take the vet minimum, just not reach for 15+ per season.

If the team is successful as an integral part of the team and a star player I will get endorsements.

As a star player on a successful team in NY (really NJ) I will meet people who will open up doors to other streams of revenue outside of football.

Their are long term benefits for short term sacrifice. Lets be real as long as Revis isn't a financial half wit he's already comfortably set. He isn't living paycheck to paycheck and helping out his team isn't going to break him.

Being a good businessman does not mean grabbing all that you can in every situation.

Revis should get paid and yes, he is that good. Yet, the Jets should not be doing the paying. We cannot afford to tie up 25 to 35 % of our cap on a single
    CB, even the best CB in the NFL.
    As proven last season, the Jets can survive without his services Give Crow a raise make him our # 1 and see if Wilson can hold the fort as we develop other young talent
    Trade Revis for a one and three and lets start stock piling picks. Dumping his numbers off the books this year will allow us to pick up one or two excellent players in 2014 when we will be an up and coming YOUNG team.

All League
    Of course you can be traded because it's a TEAM sport. In a UTOPIAN world you wouldn't have to but you have salary cap, and other restrictions. But you still wouldn't understand because you equate what he does and the NFL to any industry and that's simply absurd.
    BTW the article makes PERFECT sense. Just maybe not to you.
    Ok, I was attempting to half agree with you, but now you are just plain dumb. You act like your opinion represents the vast majority of what others think. You can't grasp the concept of him earning his paycheck. He deserves every penny he gets. I don't know why you don't understand this. Stick to your currency exchange job. Vacationers need you more than this board.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

No, it's not.
    Youre right. Some have billions

Ok, I was attempting to half agree with you, but now you are just plain dumb. You act like your opinion represents the vast majority of what others think. You can't grasp the concept of him earning his paycheck. He deserves every penny he gets. I don't know why you don't understand this. Stick to your currency exchange job. Vacationers need you more than this board.
    I don't act like the vast majority agrees. The vast majority DOES agree. Have you read the thread? Lol, if you want to stick to your guns because...well just because. Then do so. But you are indeed the minority and maybe for a reason.

All League
    I don't act like the vast majority agrees. The vast majority DOES agree. Have you read the thread? Lol, if you want to stick to your guns because...well just because. Then do so. But you are indeed the minority and maybe for a reason.
    I'm not talking about just this site moron. Lol. I'm talking about unbiased analysts. Besides, not to many people on here know what they are talking about. And yes, I'm including you in that group.

Veteran

He's not a sure thing anymore.

I'm not talking about just this site moron. Lol. I'm talking about unbiased analysts. Besides, not to many people on here know what they are talking about. And yes, I'm including you in that group.
    Now I'm sure of your intellect. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but I just can't any longer. Needless to say I won't bring this banter to the gutter where you play. I'll just agree to disagree and end it there. Now insulting the other posters on the board, well... you're on your own there ;-) Oh, and it's too not to CHIEF.
    Last edited by aagarcia; 01-25-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Damien Woody said Revis was the best player he ever played with but that we need more pieces so we should trade him if we can. But ehhhhhh he doesn't know what he's talking about.....

If Revis wants to remain a Jet for life it can be worked out. He could take 10 mil a season and the Jets would be happy to keep him. They could trade Cromartie and everybody is happy. Revis is the reason that the Jets have to trade him. Revis - not the Jets. He has given them no choice. He can change the scenario if he wants to. Does he want to or does he want his 16 mil per season? This is really in his hands. The Jets tell him what they can afford and Revis says yea or nea. If its nea then they have to trade him. This is a cut and dry situation.

All League
    Now I'm sure of your intellect. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but I just can't any longer. Needless to say I won't bring this banter to the gutter where you play. I'll just agree to disagree and end it there. Now insulting the other posters on the board, well... you're on your own there ;-) Oh, and it's too not to CHIEF.
    My bad. Too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    If Revis wants to remain a Jet for life it can be worked out. He could take 10 mil a season and the Jets would be happy to keep him. They could trade Cromartie and everybody is happy. Revis is the reason that the Jets have to trade him. Revis - not the Jets. He has given them no choice. He can change the scenario if he wants to. Does he want to or does he want his 16 mil per season? This is really in his hands. The Jets tell him what they can afford and Revis says yea or nea. If its nea then they have to trade him. This is a cut and dry situation.
    That is absolutely correct. Unfortunate but correct.

It's sad how quick some of you have turned on this guy.

There's no reason why he should take less to stay with the Jets if he wants to prioritize earning.

People mewl about contract numbers all the time yet players, even big-name players, end up bankrupt or dealing with long term medical issues. The more he can earn now the more security he has given his family for a few generations.

He's not a fan, he's a player. And he's been amazing for you guys. It's sad that you can't wish him well if he finds more money elsewhere, but that's typical for fan boards, I guess.