Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Revis will never be happy"

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"Revis will never be happy"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

Brandt on Revis: He'll never be happy

ESPN business analyst Andrew Brandt, a former Packers executive, offered his take on the Darrelle Revis situation. Speaking with Ross Tucker on an ESPN podcast, Brandt painted a grim picture, suggesting the Jets are tired of Revis' money grabs and want to send him packing.

"I don't think this kid is ever going to be happy, financially," Brandt said. "I think he and his representation have made it clear to the Jets and probably anyone else who asks, it's not enough to be the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL today or even NFL history. They're into this whole 'premier player' negotiations, which has worked for two players.

"It worked for Chris Johnson -- although Adrian Peterson went past that -- and it worked for Larry Fitzgerald, where you're not compared to the market. This is their argument: Forget what cornerbacks make; he wants to be paid like the best players.

"I just sense this is never going to stop with Revis. Forget the fact that he's hurt all year; this is going to be an issue and I sense the Jets have known this for a while and they might as well try to get some value before he turns free agent a year from now. I sense this is going to be a recurring issue, into the year, and that's why they want to move it. They just want to get this off the team."

Brandt, who said he knows John Idzik very well, weighed in on the Jets' decision to hire him as general manager. He acknowledged that he recognizes Idzik as more of a cap guy than a talent evaluator, but Brandt was in favor of the move.

"Two things sort of suggest that maybe this is the right move for the Jets," he said. "He does have some scouting background in his background, highly recommended by John Schneider, who is the well-respected general manager of the Seahawks. Number two, let's be frank about this: They're in a mess, cap and contract wise. If you're going to hire a leader of that organization, you'd better have experience handling that kind of stuff."
    And that is the reason so many want to trade Revis, not b/c we don't think he is a great HOF type player but b/c he is a distraction and in my opinion he will not re-sign with the Jets before or during the season. His representation will want him to go to free agency and maximize his value. Somebody will pay him what he wants. His constant money grabbing is part of the reason the Jets have this cloud around them and the organization is called a "circus". In order to turn this "circus" type atmosphere around Idzik needs to do a few things.

1. I don't think you can even talk extension with Revis at this point, not while he is rehabbing. So I would see what I could get for him. The Jets have too many holes and not enough money, signing Revis will just continue that trend.

2. Cut Sanchez after June 1st if he can't be traded.

3. Cut Tebow the day after the Super Bowl.

Doing those 3 things would go a long way in starting to shed the "circus" label.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    He represents the epitome of New York Jets fandom.

Never happy, no matter what.

Trade Revis: Unhappy.

Keep Revis: Unhappy.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

He was happy here.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    happy financially..... Is the point of the article.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most people aren't happy financially.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most people aren't happy financially.
    Most people don't have a contract guaranteeing them millions....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Most people don't have a contract guaranteeing them millions....
    It's all relative.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all relative.
    LOL

No, it's not.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TradeMeevis

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

No, it's not.
    Yes, players should take less than they should. So are you going to ask your boss for less.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, players should take less than they should. So are you going to ask your boss for less.
    Some people don't understand this concept. I brought this up yesterday. They look at it as a fan and not a business.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're comparing the average Joe Schmoe to a guy who has been making $12 million a year on average.

What the hell is relative about that?

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all relative.
    If it's all relative then go to your job, demand 25% more in pay and then tell them if they don't give that to you then you won't show up for work until they give you what you want. See what happens.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    If it's all relative then go to your job, demand 25% more in pay and then tell them if they don't give that to you then you won't show up for work until they give you what you want. See what happens.
    This

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Some people don't understand this concept. I brought this up yesterday. They look at it as a fan and not a business.
    Yeah...honoring your contract is SOOOOOO yesterday?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah...honoring your contract is SOOOOOO yesterday?
    Especially when you're already the highest paid in your field.

LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is one man's take on the situation. It's important to know that he has no knowledge of how the Jets feel on this situation. He's speculating and he's making the obvious correlation about Revis and his contract shenanigans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This is one man's take on the situation. It's important to know that he has no knowledge of how the Jets feel on this situation. He's speculating and he's making the obvious correlation about Revis and his contract shenanigans.
    Yep. There is an awful lot of speculation that is being taken as gospel regarding Revis that past few days.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    "They're in a mess, cap and contract wise. If you're going to hire a leader of that organization, you'd better have experience handling that kind of stuff."

Some people don't realize how badly Tannenbaum messed up our cap and contracts. Posters claimed that Tanny is a cap guru, he's an accountant. Turns out he did a lousy job in this area and it needs to be fixed. Sanchez contract, Harris contract, Holmes contract - all very bad!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Man,you STILL don't understand the situation. How stubborn can you possibly be? The ARTICLE IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE.