Thread: My foolish 'Oh no we have traded Revis!' mock.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

My foolish 'Oh no we have traded Revis!' mock.

Jets trade Revis to the Broncos for 1st and a 3rd this year and a 2nd rounder next year.

1 - (9) - Barkevious Mingo - OLB
    1 - (28) - Zach Ertz - TE
    2 - (40) - DeAndre Hopkins - WR
    3 - (74) - Stepfan Taylor - RB
    3 - (92) - Sean Porter - OLB
    4 - (105) - Brian Winters - OT/OG
    5 - (144) - Damion Stafford - S
    6 - (180) - Sean Renfree - QB
    7 - (217) - Steve Beauharnais - ILB

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Jets trade Revis to the Broncos for 1st and a 3rd this year and a 2nd rounder next year.

that would be quite a haul! I love Ertz, Hopkins, Taylor, and Porter.
    Last edited by TJ; 01-25-2013 at 06:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it but I feel like they have to take a shot on a QB with one of those first 4 picks.

Sean Renfree is not the guy to take Sanchez job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I like it but I feel like they have to take a shot on a QB with one of those first 4 picks.

Agreed. Renfree is the type of QB you bring to camp and then store him on IR for a year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Love a ton of your picks but it is kind of depressing to think we trade Revis for a TE and an OLB that will probably be average.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of people people are banking on Gronk or Witten with Ertz and you're not getting that. He's not even as good as Coby Fleener from the year before.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Love a ton of your picks but it is kind of depressing to think we trade Revis for a TE and an OLB that will probably be average.
    Hahaha ew.

I hadn't even thought of that.

That's the sort of thing that lands the Jets on an all time worst trades list.

It looks good when they made the move but if they wind up taking with those picks an average to good TE and a nobody OLB I just might cry.

By the way, that's why I hate trading great players for picks. It is just too risky.

If they trade Revis, they need at least one established player coming in return along with picks.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-25-2013 at 09:04 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha ew.

I hadn't even thought of that.

That's the sort of thing that lands the Jets on an all time worst trades list.

It looks good when they made the move but if they wind up taking with those picks an average to good TE and a nobody OLB I just might cry.

By the way, that's why I hate trading great players for picks. It is just too risky.

If they trade Revis, they need at least one established player coming in return along with picks.
    I think they need either take the pick(s) for Revis and trade down several times so they at least have multiple players. I would hope at least one of the picks would be a top 10 pick.

In a perfect deal, get a 1st and a 3rd this year and a conditional pick that would be a 2015 1st rounder if Revis resigned with the current team anytime before the end of the 2014 season. That way we don't run into the crap the Saints did with Vilma.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there is something I hate more than trading a good player for picks its trading a good player for conditional picks.

No thanks.

I'm looking for something similar to the Portis-Champ trade if they unload Revis. No crap shoots. Established studs only.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Swap Ertz with QB Landry Jones(We have DEAL) bc QB is imo very important to a team. Look @QB play from Flacco and Kaepernick heading into playoffs. Thats why they r in the SB bc of QB's play.

MINGO - LB
    JONES - QB
    HOPKINS - WR
    TAYLOR - RB
    PORTER - LB
    WINTERS - OL

I LIKE THAT!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Switch Hopkins and Ertz and that would be pretty spot on for the first six picks

I just don't think a TE will go in the first this year and Hopkins will more than likely run well enough at the combine to be a late first round pick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither are Jones, wilson, glennon, manuel any of those dudes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Swap Ertz with QB Landry Jones(We have DEAL) bc QB is imo very important to a team. Look @QB play from Flacco and Kaepernick heading into playoffs. Thats why they r in the SB bc of QB's play.

MINGO - LB
    JONES - QB
    HOPKINS - WR
    TAYLOR - RB
    PORTER - LB
    WINTERS - OL

I LIKE THAT!!!
    You guys seem intent on getting the next Gabbert or ponder in here so we can wallow around with a medicore Qb for 4 or more years.

None of these dudes are kapernick or wilson or flacco. Pick a late round guy with possibilites lie Renfree, get a vet qb and for this year we have keep sanchez have a vet other than him to start and have a year of development for the low risk later round guy.

If we take a QB even in the 2nd round the team is married to him for a few years. Take the year to clear cap, upgrade overall talent of team then go after the QB next year.

As for the Revis trade, it's nice to wish for an impact player in return but those deals are rare.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither are Jones, wilson, glennon, manuel any of those dudes.
    They could offer more potential than Renfree though if taken outside of the first or 2nd round. And Renfree will be a UDFA, no need to take him in the 6th but after the 5th round its literally a crapshoot on who gets picked anyway

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys seem intent on getting the next Gabbert or ponder in here so we can wallow around with a medicore Qb for 4 or more years.

None of these dudes are kapernick or wilson or flacco. Pick a late round guy with possibilites lie Renfree, get a vet qb and for this year we have keep sanchez have a vet other than him to start and have a year of development for the low risk later round guy.

If we take a QB even in the 2nd round the team is married to him for a few years. Take the year to clear cap, upgrade overall talent of team then go after the QB next year.

As for the Revis trade, it's nice to wish for an impact player in return but those deals are rare.
    i agree. i think the jets should focus on taking best offensive player available in the first two rounds. the team needs a guy like patterson, and i really wouldn't mind jamison in the 2nd. reminds me of rice. take a qb in the 3rd or 4th round with a vision of developing him into at least a 2nd string, someone better than mcelroy. maybe bray. but the team needs playmakers. and if they trade revis, it may be better to get a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. at least next year there may be better qbs to get and the jets are probably going to have a top 10 pick again. i hope idzik has a long-term solution to this problem and won't overdraft a glennon so we can all deceive ourselves that we have an elite qb finally.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we trade Revis and get that little it is bad right from the start. Why the 28th pick? 24 no less or they have to give a 2nd. Add anther crappy ass 1st round TE and not answering the QB spot in this class it is an automatic F-. no no no to any TE in the 1st. An extra 1st doent mean you waste the pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaepernick Wilson and Flacco were not Kaepernick Wilson or Flacco before the draft.

They were not top 5 picks, as they would be today if the draft were done over again.

The fact of the matter is not you or me or anyone else REALLY knows how good or bad any of the QBs in this draft will be. It's a projection.

Someone, I think, will be a good player. I'm just not sure which one.

Tyler Wilson could be Kellen Clemens or he could be Andy Dalton. We just don't know.

But don't dismiss the idea of drafting a QB just because you don't know -- we will never REALLY know. And I'll be super pissed if they pass on the position and one or two of the guys we pass on pan out.

They should draft a QB or two every year until they find one worth keeping... instead of drafting a DE in the 1st round every year. That would be a good start.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A young QB gives you hope not the opposite. This class is no worse then any average QB class it is more after the 3rd round it is not deep. I find it hard to believe so many JETS fans just don't want to draft a QB that gives you hope to win. Sanchez is not going to be the starter next year and the FA market is not finding you a good answer. So you either trade away a 1st to get Romo or Culter or draft our next guy. People thinking we can go anther year with Mark and Mcelroy are friggen insane. Both of them wouldn't start a pop warner game right now. It isn't going to happen Rex isn't signing up to be fired. Giving Sanchez more weapons isn't going to turn him into a good QB nor will it help the next guy. All it will do is make guys like Wilk, Wlson, Kerley, and Ellis not want to sign a contract extension with a team that doesn't try to improve. You can't just "fill holes" when your a 6-10, 8-8 team. These guys aren't Ponder and Gabbert bad you have some guys here well worth a 1-2nd rounder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE most of your picks but Renfree pick is wasted, he is nowhere near being a NFL caliber QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post

MINGO - LB
    JONES - QB
    HOPKINS - WR
    TAYLOR - RB
    PORTER - LB
    WINTERS - OL

I LIKE THAT!!!
    In Draft Countdown there's 7 QB rated ahead of Landry Jones. Why do you rate him a first rounder ?