Thread: This is why Revis stays

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is why Revis stays

"We can't lose a guy like him," Cromartie told NFL.com while in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl. "He's a great leader in the locker room and also in our DB room, making sure that guys are accountable for each other. To lose a guy like that would be huge. And even though he's coming off the surgery, I believe he'll come back as strong as ever."
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...darrelle-revis

Not because of his physical talents, but what he means in the locker room. Idzik is big on unity and I think this may ultimately swing the ballot. Of course all of this goes out the window if Revis demands a rediculous contract.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i agree and besides players like revis help sell those psls and keep fans paying on them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Cromartie too. He may not be the smartest but he ALWAYS backs teammates. May not say the right things for the opposition (example: Fukc Brady! Which is still awesome) but he always says the right things about his team.

He's a good leader imo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't the Jets be in great cap shape in 2014 if they jettison/restructure a few more locker room dbags/contracts after 2013? Idzik will have the most of the contracts in order by 2014 with a lot of younger players making reasonable salaries.

Jets can take a $7 mill hit in 2014 if they toss Sanchez and Holmes (which very well could happen) but save like $17 mill if they are cut. They can restructure Cro, who is up for a big cap hit in 2014, as is Harris. I think the Jets will have the coin to re-sign Revis. But if Revis and his only-looking-out-for-themselves agents play hard ball again or he wants out (though he said he wants to stay, reportedly), then who knows.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I love Cromartie too. He may not be the smartest but he ALWAYS backs teammates. May not say the right things for the opposition (example: Fukc Brady! Which is still awesome) but he always says the right things about his team.

He's a good leader imo.
    The play we got out of Cro this season was amazing. He took it to another level. If the Jets can keep Revis, I think that would absolutely keep Cro motivated. And then opposing QBs would not complete a pass outside the numbers the entire season. maybe 2 or 3

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny until Revis went down, Cro was no where near as good when revis was playing.. gave up big long tds, holding calls.. It wasnt his talent, was his lack of studying, work ethic.. I think he is too much a alpha male to be #2 on his own team, when he considers himself the 2nd best corner in the league.. He admitted he worked a lot harder, and stepped up his studies/reads after revis went down..Hard to tell which Cro we will see when revis comes back, will he lose interest again not having the tough assignments Revis will take back from him? Id rather trade Cro, if we can sign revis now.. his value will never be higher.. Hes locked up a year longer than Revis, will be easier to sign than Revis.. Factoring those 2 things, his value should be the same as Revis..

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have plenty of guys that can lead on D, they need a leader on O, actually they need players.