Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mangini Potentially to the Saints

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangini Potentially to the Saints

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per… http://say.ly/sKG52jD

Personally I think the dude should be in a scouting department

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think whatever job Mangini gets next... he will end up excelling at greatly.

The only thing I dont like about it is we would lose quite possibly the best and most intelligent ESPN football analyst that they have on staff. His breakdowns are pure football, not allegory or general fodder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post

The only thing I dont like about it is we would lose quite possibly the best and most intelligent ESPN football analyst that they have on staff. His breakdowns are pure football, not allegory or general fodder.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini was terrible here. Terrible. All of this sentimentality for Mangini is ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the Mangenius.

I miss the Fat Rex.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I miss the Fat Rex.
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And they thought Williams thru Payton under the bus to Godell, mangini would rat out his wife.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post

I agree. I still think Mangini will be a good head coach one day too. He just has to act according to his normal personality, not Belichick's. The Browns were playing well in the end right before Holmgren got there and they didn't have much talent. They beat the Pats, I remember. You knew once Holmgren got there he was a goner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And they thought Williams thru Payton under the bus to Godell, mangini would rat out his wife.
    Who ratted out the other cheater, McDaniels? Not Mangini.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Mangini was terrible here. Terrible. All of this sentimentality for Mangini is ridiculous.
    +1... well, I wouldn't say terrible. mediocre, maybe. he was terrible with Cleveland though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    +1... well, I wouldn't say terrible. mediocre, maybe. he was terrible with Cleveland though.
    Agreed..unfair to say Mangini was terrible but medicore is a fair assessment. He did draft most of the core players of the team (D'Brick, Mangold, Harris, Revis, Keller)..that does account for something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Who ratted out the other cheater, McDaniels? Not Mangini.
    I don't know and don't care, But Mangini did, I am very surprised that another HC is giving him a shot. Unless this is like Payton hiring a Cop. Giving the impression that every thing is now on the up and up or I would not hire a rat where he would be privy to anything going on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Agreed..unfair to say Mangini was terrible but medicore is a fair assessment. He did draft most of the core players of the team (D'Brick, Mangold, Harris, Revis, Keller)..that does account for something.
    Agreed and he was thrown to Favre and had his plan hijacked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini is married to the sister of the Cleveland Indians president. "Hey, Bud, the Tribe is stealin signs!"

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slight exaggeration. He wasn't top shelf, but the potential was there. He definitely was fired too soon, Rex love or not. The year Pennington went down, didn't help him either. He won't name any other kids after FA mercenary QB's anymore. He won't tell any organizational secrets anymore. The stint at ESPN has probably done wonders for him in terms of self reflection. He'll learn from past mistakes.

Only in America....
    Last edited by DanNamath; 01-26-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Terrible is off base. The team went 10 and 6 and 9 and 7 in two of his three years here as a rookie head coach. They beat New England twice in New England and a lot of the Jets best players were drafted and coached up by Mangini. Revis/Mangold/Brick.

I think that the Saints are going to hire Romeo(great hire) but Mangini would be an excellent choice. He's tremendous on ESPN for all the reasons already stated on this thread. I wish the media was more like him instead of Lomas Brown/Parker type garbage.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNamath View Post
    Slight exaggeration. He wasn't top shelf, but the potential was there. He definitely was fired too soon, Rex love or not. The year Pennington went down, didn't help him either. He won't name any other kids after FA mercenary QB's anymore. He won't tell any organizational secrets anymore. The stint at ESPN has probably done wonders for him in terms of self reflection. He'll learn from past mistakes.

Only in America....
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF View Post
    Terrible is off base. The team went 10 and 6 and 9 and 7 in two of his three years here as a rookie head coach. They beat New England twice in New England and a lot of the Jets best players were drafted and coached up by Mangini. Revis/Mangold/Brick.

I think that the Saints are going to hire Romeo(great hire) but Mangini would be an excellent choice. He's tremendous on ESPN for all the reasons already stated on this thread. I wish the media was more like him instead of Lomas Brown/Parker type garbage.
    I agree completely. Which is the more important factor, a franchise quarterback or a decent coach ? With the way the league protects offensive players today, I would say it's more and more on the QB. It's a boring truth but how many superbowl rings would Belichick have without Brady ? I would guess one ... maybe.

Mangini was a pain in the butt to the media, fans and players but if he had the horses I have no doubt he would be a playoff contender and more.

Lets see how wonderful Rex is without a decent/healthy nose tackle, quality safeties and Pettine (who supposedly was Rex's puppet according to most - Trevor Pryce would like to differ with you on that point.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF View Post

Plus if he has more kids he could name one, Iam "cool Brees" Mangini.. Or a girl named Wilma Vilma Mangini..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know and don't care, But Mangini did, I am very surprised that another HC is giving him a shot. Unless this is like Payton hiring a Cop. Giving the impression that every thing is now on the up and up or I would not hire a rat where he would be privy to anything going on.
    It's funny to see a pretty level-headed guy like yourself all riled up. Having the cheater on your team is ok but the guy who called him out on it shouldn't have a job?

Gotcha.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mangini ever wants to be a head coach again, he will have to take a defensive coordinator job somewhere. I think he will be a good head coach someday. He was just too young and inexperienced to handle it in New York.