Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mangini Potentially to the Saints

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Agreed..unfair to say Mangini was terrible but medicore is a fair assessment. He did draft most of the core players of the team (D'Brick, Mangold, Harris, Revis, Keller)..that does account for something.
    +1

We could use him to help scout....

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And they thought Williams thru Payton under the bus to Godell, mangini would rat out his wife.
    And I'll bet you have the TAPES to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    I think whatever job Mangini gets next... he will end up excelling at greatly.

The only thing I dont like about it is we would lose quite possibly the best and most intelligent ESPN football analyst that they have on staff. His breakdowns are pure football, not allegory or general fodder.
    Plus 10 ... He was just not ready to be a HC when we had him. Awesome football acumen. He will return to being a HC eventually ... And I think he will be very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Plus 10 ... He was just not ready to be a HC when we had him. Awesome football acumen. He will return to being a HC eventually ... And I think he will be very very good.
    Exactly. When we hired Mangini, he had only one year experience as a DC and 6or7 years as an assistant. He was grossly inexperienced to be a head coach. Despite his inexperience,having an inexperienced in over his head GM, he still managed to take a 4-12 team to a 10-6 record and the playoffs in his first year and barely missed the playoffs with a 9-7 team that played an injured over the hill QB the last 5 gamees. That in itself speaks volumes as to how brilliant an NFL mind this guy had. I have no doubt he will coach again and be a winner. Hopefully with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Mangini was terrible here. Terrible. All of this sentimentality for Mangini is ridiculous.
    Agreed. His Coaching resume is almost total fail.

He's a tolerable ESPN talking head, and as we all know, the fastest way to make youself desirable to fans and front offices.....be an ESPN talking head for a bit. Be a "name" they know.

I have no reason to belive he'd be any better for New Orleans than he was for New England, New York or Cleveland. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

Two defensive coaching candidates the Saints will consider adding to staff include Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, per… http://say.ly/sKG52jD

Personally I think the dude should be in a scouting department
    Mangini knows his s**t when it comes to coordinating but he sucks @ HC. Again another blown pick for DC if he would have even considered coming back, and he shut Tom Brady's ass DOWN with Clev

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Agreed. His Coaching resume is almost total fail.

He's a tolerable ESPN talking head, and as we all know, the fastest way to make youself desirable to fans and front offices.....be an ESPN talking head for a bit. Be a "name" they know.

I have no reason to belive he'd be any better for New Orleans than he was for New England, New York or Cleveland. But who knows.
    He had a 10 and 9 win seasons in 3 years including a playoff appearance and thats a total fail?
    The guy took a HC job with only one year as a coordinator and few years as a defensive assistant. How many guys with that little experience have had the same success as a HC in the NFL?

I find it funny that you consider Mangini almost total fail yet Rex deserves another chance. I guess you are impressed easily by Rexs personality because his abilities and decisions as a head coach have been a total fail. One thing i am certain of, Mangini would not have had his team as grossly unprepared for the AFC championship in Pittsburgh as Rex did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    He had a 10 and 9 win seasons in 3 years including a playoff appearance and thats a total fail?
    The guy took a HC job with only one year as a coordinator and few years as a defensive assistant. How many guys with that little experience have had the same success as a HC in the NFL?

I find it funny that you consider Mangini almost total fail yet Rex deserves another chance. I guess you are impressed easily by Rexs personality because his abilities and decisions as a head coach have been a total fail. One thing i am certain of, Mangini would not have had his team as grossly unprepared for the AFC championship in Pittsburgh as Rex did.
    Maybe because Mangini had Chad and Favre and Rex had Sanchez??

He milked the last drops of team talent from the Herm Era. Good for him. He was gorssly unqualified for the job, and had we hired a legitimate coach, that three-year-run of the Jets might have been something worth remembering. Instead, we fell inot the same old "It was a Patriot, so it must be great" foolishness.

I find it funny that you consider Mangini almost total fail yet Rex deserves another chance.
    Last Chance, without being saddled with Sanchez, aye. Knowing know we're likely stuck with Sanchez, frankly, could care less who the coach is, we won't win with Sanchez at QB.

I guess you are impressed easily by Rexs personality because his abilities and decisions as a head coach have been a total fail.
    Rex's resume and Mangini's resume aren't int he same league.

One thing i am certain of, Mangini would not have had his team as grossly unprepared for the AFC championship in Pittsburgh as Rex did.
    Thats because Mangini will never be a good enough coach to ever get to a AFCCG.

This thread is a perfect example of SOJF's "Former Jet Obsession Syndrome". Anyone who sucked here and left is suddenly the greatest of the greatest at being great, no matter how much they failed here.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I miss the Mangenius.

I miss the Fat Rex.
    Fat Mangini - Mangenius
    Weight Loss Mangini - The suck

Fat Rex - Two AFC championship games appearances
    Lapband Rex - The suck

Fat coaches are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    He milked the last drops of team talent from the Herm Era. Good for him. He was gorssly unqualified for the job, and had we hired a legitimate coach, that three-year-run of the Jets might have been something worth remembering. Instead, we fell inot the same old "It was a Patriot, so it must be great" foolishness.

Last Chance, without being saddled with Sanchez, aye. Knowing know we're likely stuck with Sanchez, frankly, could care less who the coach is, we won't win with Sanchez at QB.

Rex's resume and Mangini's resume aren't int he same league.

Thats because Mangini will never be a good enough coach to ever get to a AFCCG.

This thread is a perfect example of SOJF's "Former Jet Obsession Syndrome". Anyone who sucked here and left is suddenly the greatest of the greatest at being great, no matter how much they failed here.
    I guess you forgot your Jet history so let me remind you, Mangini inheritted a 4-12 team from Herm that was completely void of talent(outside of Vilma and Chad) and was in cap hell. His first year, Mangini had to strip down the team to get rid of salary. He inheritted a team with no O line, an injured RB forced to retire, and crappy defensive players. Yet he took them to the playoffs with a good draft and some hard working JAG free agents.

Rex on the otherhand took over a very talented (Mangold, Brick, Revis, Cotchery, Jenkins, Woody, Keller,Pace), well disciplined, and hard working team that Mangini built and was in good cap shape, added Leonhard and Bart on Defense and Braylon on offense and snuck into the playoffs with the same 9-7 record Mangini was fired for after Indy and Cinci no showed and went on a great run. The following year he had a super bowl caliber team that lost a lot of ugly games but went on a great run only to have his vaunted defense no show in the championship game.

Since then, Rex has managed to ruin the team with bad personell decisions, lack of discipline and keeping lazy/selfish players over hard working lunc pail types that Mangini built the team with

And they thought Williams thru Payton under the bus to Godell, mangini would rat out his wife.
    Those post cheating years tears taste salty.

I guess you forgot your Jet history so let me remind you, Mangini inheritted a 4-12 team from Herm that was completely void of talent(outside of Vilma and Chad) and was in cap hell. His first year, Mangini had to strip down the team to get rid of salary. He inheritted a team with no O line, an injured RB forced to retire, and crappy defensive players. Yet he took them to the playoffs with a good draft and some hard working JAG free agents.

Rex on the otherhand took over a very talented (Mangold, Brick, Revis, Cotchery, Jenkins, Woody, Keller,Pace), well disciplined, and hard working team that Mangini built and was in good cap shape, added Leonhard and Bart on Defense and Braylon on offense and snuck into the playoffs with the same 9-7 record Mangini was fired for after Indy and Cinci no showed and went on a great run. The following year he had a super bowl caliber team that lost a lot of ugly games but went on a great run only to have his vaunted defense no show in the championship game.

Since then, Rex has managed to ruin the team with bad personell decisions, lack of discipline and keeping lazy/selfish players over hard working lunc pail types that Mangini built the team with
    Excellent post.

A backdoor defense of BB the cheater.

If Belichick didn't bring along his video operation to a Jets home game...would this have even been an issue? Why was he even bothering with all this video taping shenanigans for years, if it truly was a waste of time? Is BB really that bored, with lots of time on his hands, that he needed to film, then process it into game plans? While all the while...you would probably contend that it was a meaningless operation. That it had no effect whatsoever on the outcome of games.

Sounds like your just sour grapes that Belichick got caught defying an explicit memo from Goodell, that ordered this video nonsense to cease and desist.

For you...it's ok for Belichick to be a scumbag cheater...that's a superior character trait to you, then someone who is trying to defend his team from being victimized by it.

Fine...you can have it that way...when you post it on your Pats message boards. But please...don't initiate this cheap shot...backdoor defense of BB on our message boards. You instigated this...not me.

I don't view you as a major troll here at all. So I'm honestly asking you to not initiate bringing a backdoor defense of BB, by disparaging Mangini. Say whatever you want concerning Mangini on Xs - Os...and W-Ls. But Belichick coming here with his fu**ing video operation. After the Goodell memo...speaks volumes to us here at JI.

Did anybody in this thread praise Mangini for getting BB caught cheating? No!

So save me grief of hearing your BB backdoor defense...when the subject isn't Cheatriots.

I guess you forgot your Jet history so let me remind you, Mangini inheritted a 4-12 team from Herm that was completely void of talent(outside of Vilma and Chad) and was in cap hell.
    Our view of history is different. We had cap issues, yes, we were not "void of talent". Mangini had one lucky year, and that was that. His decision making was worse than Rex's.

Again, former Jet obsession syndrome, the same disease that has fans thinking Braylon Edwards is a legit #1 WR and Danny Woodhead is a legit #1 RB in the NFL, and Kerry Rhodes is the best Safety in the NFL, leads some to view Mangini's horrifi failure of an era here, failure of an era in Cleveland, and failure in NEw England, as all having never happened.....because he made two comments they agreed with on ESPN.

You line up Mangini, I'll line up Rex. I know who wins that 9 times out of ten, and it isn't Mr. Wanna-be-Bellichek It's a Process.

I'll say it again, cause I said it then, Herm would have had the same success Mangini had, and a real legit Coach would have had far more, all other things being equal. Mangini was a failure here.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Rex picked Sanchez .... Double fail.

Revis to Saints. Give me a #1 and Chris Ivory and call it a day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    and Rex had Scott, Leonard, Edwards and Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    And I'll bet you have the TAPES to prove it.
    No, but I'm sure BB could dig up a few.

Teams Most Productive Players Under Mangini (2006):

QB -- Pennington
    Leader Rushers -- Leon Washington, Cedric Houston
    Leading Recievers -- Lav. Coles, Cotchery, McCariens, Baker (TE)
    Leading Tacklers -- Rhodes, Barton, Coleman, Vilma
    Leading INT's -- Rhodes, Dyson, Barrett

Teams Most Productive Players Under Herm (2005):

QB -- Pennington
    Leading Rushers -- Curtis Martin, Cedric Houston
    Leading Recievers -- Lav. Coles, McCariens, Jolly/Baker (TE), Cotchery
    Leading Tacklers -- Vilma, Rhodes, Coleman, Hobson
    Leading INT's -- Law, Barrett, Coleman

Going down the list, it sure looks to me like the best players, producing the most, on Mangini's 2006 team were core players of Herm's 2005 4 win team.

And we have no idea if Mangini would have stayed with the one glaring difference....Curtis Martin....had he stayed and not retired. Given Mangini's penchant for Veterans, I have no doubt Martin would have started in 2006 as well, if he was healthy.

So tell me again about how "void of talent" we were, and all the great talent Mangini brought it.....cause it sure looks like 2006 was almost name for name where it counts, production, a clone of Herm's 2005 team.