Thread: Tyler Wilson with the first pick?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyler Wilson with the first pick?

I know this is a bold move, but can you imagine if we pass on this guy and he goes on to become one of the game's best QB's? It would just drive me insane. I've been watching all these QB's coming out: Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Dysert, Manuel, etc, but the top two in my opinion are Wilson and Landry. In especially like Wilson for his moxie, his character and that rifle arm, I think he's the real deal and I would go nuts if we pass on both him and Landry.

By the way, thank you Sooth for bringing back the draft forum, looking forward to posting here more.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 01-25-2013 at 08:50 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I know this is a bold move, but can you imagine if we pass on this guy and he goes on to become one of the game's best QB's? It would just drive me insane. I've been watching all these QB's coming out: Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Dysert, Manuel, etc, but the top two in my opinion are Wilson and Landry. I especially like Wilson for his moxie, his character and that rifle arm, I think he's the real deal and I would go nuts if we pass on both him and Landry.

By the way, thank you Sooth for bringing back the draft forum, looking forward to posting here more.
    I wish scouts could have Wilson show his stuff with a wet ball, see if his tiny midget hands really make it difficult for him

And Landry is an absolute system QB who has trouble processing pressure

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The new york jets are proud to select Tyler Wilson. In other news a Canadian man going by the name of 'Beerfish' was found dangling from a rope from a bridge with a note attached to him. The note read 'For the love of god, no QB at 9!' The police are trying to figure out the meaning of this bizarre note.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The new york jets are proud to select Tyler Wilson. In other news a Canadian man going by the name of 'Beerfish' was found dangling from a rope from a bridge with a note attached to him. The note read 'For the love of god, no QB at 9!' The police are trying to figure out the meaning of this bizarre note.
    LOL.. We can pick up a serviceable QB in round 3; If for some reason Joe Montana is there in round 2 then Okay get him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landry has all the tools. His problem is his pocket presence. However, for some reason, I have a hunch that he could be that Tom Brady-like diamond in the rough... If willing to take a chance on him, he could pay off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldn't shock me. Maybe the only way to get Fireman Ed back. lol If we trade Revis I fully expect us to take a 1st round QB. I'd rather Barkley but I'll take Wilson over Glennon or Nassib. The longer we wait the harder it will be to sell that this team wants to win IMO. I can't watch a team that doesn't have winning as it's top interest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe on Tyler Wilson, but Landry Jones has Blaine Gabbert written all over him.

As for OP, sure we would regret passing up on Tyler Wilson if he ends up being great, but the same could be said about Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib etc...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Maybe on Tyler Wilson, but Landry Jones has Blaine Gabbert written all over him.

As for OP, sure we would regret passing up on Tyler Wilson if he ends up being great, but the same could be said about Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib etc...
    +1

That's the kind of thinking that brought us the Ghost.

"What if the Patriots get him!!!!! We must take him to keep him away from them!!!!"