Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 481

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

  1. #321
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That would suck...we might go 6 and 10.


    Any JETS fan that thinks Revis should get paid what he's asking is not looking at the cap and thinking in terms of 5 years. we will be a bottom tier team with a great CB. We can do that without Mevis.
    I never said pay Revis. Keep him for 1 more year and let him earn his payday helping us get to 10-6 next year and back into the playoffs. Jets will have plenty of cap room in 2014 to go after another elite CB in FA or they can just trade a late rd pick for Aso.


    Mevis wants to hold out of TC and preseason? Ok. The guy could literally drive straight from his house to Metlife Stadium in Sept and play at an elite level.

  2. #322
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Have you found an independent analyst/expert who agrees with this?

    I haven't , I say trade the MEVIS.


    Found one

    http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/24...t-trade-revis/

    Guess it's smarter to keep him

  3. #323
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    No, it's not because we've locked money up in them, it's because they suck and because we have zero depth and talent throughout the rest of the team. Make no mistake if Sanchez and Holmes and Keller and Greene were solid players and we had a good offense then extending Revis is a no brainer. But fact is they all suck. All of them. None are anywhere near what they are paid and expected to be. Mark is not a starting QB, so we need to find a new one. Holmes is not a #1 receiver, Keller is a one dimensional limited TE, Greene is a situational power back. We need to find quality replacements for all of them, as well as OL, LB, and S. To fill all these needs we need picks and time to develop them. Ain't no sense paying a CB top dollar for a team that's going to be rebuilding over the next 3 years when we can trade him for multiple high value picks to address all the holes.
    Oh yeah, we are going to suck anyway so we might as well just trade away our best player in the history of the organization. Are you for real?

    You DO NOT give up on a guy a truly GREAT player like Revis just because the rest of the team sucks. That's stupidity. That's booting him out the door for something that isn't his fault, although you'd like to blame him by the sounds of things.

  4. #324
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Found one

    http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/01/24...t-trade-revis/

    Guess it's smarter to keep him
    OK we found one. Michael Irvin. His rationale is absent of any football logic that addresses the cap, the future or real comparison.

    I'll take Ditka and Tom Jackson's view instead.

  5. #325
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    OK we found one. Michael Irvin. His rationale is absent of any football logic that addresses the cap, the future or real comparison.

    I'll take Ditka and Tom Jackson's view instead.
    Of course you will, they agree with your point

    However, the smart play is paying the man. Another 1st and 2nd if we can get trading for him is no guarantee that we get equal value

    Also, you haven't even told me how we can afford to trade him seeing that if we do, it costs an additional $3 Million against the cap this year

  6. #326
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Lets just have the best CB in the world play for the league minimum. He has already made enough money. Hell, he should just be a good guy and play for free.

    That's the only way people will be happy. It's greedy to want to get paid for what you are worth.
    I dont think most people here have a HUGE problem with him wanting to get paid. The argument here is that this franchise isn't in the greatest position to pay him giving our roster and cap situation. I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about that. Stop letting your emotions cloud your better judgement....

  7. #327
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Of course you will, they agree with your point

    However, the smart play is paying the man. Another 1st and 2nd if we can get trading for him is no guarantee that we get equal value

    Also, you haven't even told me how we can afford to trade him seeing that if we do, it costs an additional $3 Million against the cap this year
    The 3 mil,is against the cap regardless so it is not an issue.

    I say we try to get a top pick and an OLINE man or more.

  8. #328
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Of course you will, they agree with your point

    However, the smart play is paying the man. Another 1st and 2nd if we can get trading for him is no guarantee that we get equal value

    Also, you haven't even told me how we can afford to trade him seeing that if we do, it costs an additional $3 Million against the cap this year
    Good point.

  9. #329
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I dont think most people here have a HUGE problem with him wanting to get paid. The argument here is that this franchise isn't in the greatest position to pay him giving our roster and cap situation. I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about that. Stop letting your emotions cloud your better judgement....
    There is no emotion whatsoever going into this. I'm ok with trading Revis. But what I am not ok with is trading him for picks. I want players, not picks. It's obvious that i have zero emotional attachment if I'm willing to trade him. That is all you pro "trade revis at any cost" supporters can say. This is what I think you are having a hard time comprehending.

  10. #330
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The 3 mil,is against the cap regardless so it is not an issue.

    I say we try to get a top pick and an OLINE man or more.
    The $3 Million is additional

    http://www.nyjetscap.com/darrellerevis.html

  11. #331
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Of course you will, they agree with your point

    However, the smart play is paying the man. Another 1st and 2nd if we can get trading for him is no guarantee that we get equal value

    Also, you haven't even told me how we can afford to trade him seeing that if we do, it costs an additional $3 Million against the cap this year
    The ONLY truly stupid play is to "pay the man".

    Please let us know at what number that even you would feel Revis becomes too expensive. "Pay him whatever it costs" is an intellectually dishonest position. Tell us where you would draw the line.

  12. #332
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Spend your high draft picks and money on the D front 7 and suddenly your CB can be very effective without being pro-bowlers.
    This is great advice, unfortunately Rex does not believe in this approach!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-27-2013 at 06:05 PM.

  13. #333
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    There is no emotion whatsoever going into this. I'm ok with trading Revis. But what I am not ok with is trading him for picks. I want players, not picks. It's obvious that i have zero emotional attachment if I'm willing to trade him. That is all you pro "trade revis at any cost" supporters can say. This is what I think you are having a hard time comprehending.
    Players don't get traded for players. Not on this level of talent. You may as well start throwing pennies into the wishing well.

    Not to mention - the only time players generally DO get traded for another - is when they're approaching contract years (such as revis) and they're generally being traded under the expectation that an extension will follow suite.

    You don't really understand what you're talking about. Picks is the only thing we'll get.

  14. #334
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Players don't get traded for players. Not on this level of talent. You may as well start throwing pennies into the wishing well.

    Not to mention - the only time players generally DO get traded for another - is when they're approaching contract years (such as revis) and they're generally being traded under the expectation that an extension will follow suite.

    You don't really understand what you're talking about. Picks is the only thing we'll get.
    Champ bailey ?

  15. #335
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Players don't get traded for players. Not on this level of talent. You may as well start throwing pennies into the wishing well.

    Not to mention - the only time players generally DO get traded for another - is when they're approaching contract years (such as revis) and they're generally being traded under the expectation that an extension will follow suite.

    You don't really understand what you're talking about. Picks is the only thing we'll get.
    Oh and we are not just talking about Joe Schmo getting traded. Glad you kept me updated about what I don't know. Thanks

  16. #336
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    the dumb azz reporters always seem to think they have got their stories right. the only thing that can be said is, assuming their sources was highly placed, the jets themselves don't know what's what. very possible that all that info went out the door with tannenbaum.

  17. #337
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The ONLY truly stupid play is to "pay the man".

    Please let us know at what number that even you would feel Revis becomes too expensive. "Pay him whatever it costs" is an intellectually dishonest position. Tell us where you would draw the line.
    He deserves to be paid as the highest corner in the game

    If that is 13-14 Million, so be it...We won't be paying a QB big money for at least another 5 years

  18. #338
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to these media rag whiners' coverage of our NYJ...it's trash...and trashier.

  19. #339
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Manti Te'o, Lance Armstrong - there are consequences. Why not the NY sports 'writers'?
    And that's the biggest problem with the beat writers today, they can publish whatever stories they want and they are not held accountable when they print a story that's false.

  20. #340
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    C Mart has updated his post but I thought it was worth highlighting that this story written by Cannizzarro is an utter fabrication.



    According to Manish and Cimini (I know, true journalists themselves worthy of Pulitzers) Tannenbaum picked the brains of confidantes on the REvis situation but never discussed trading him.



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...to-knee-injury

    Just more bullcrap and spin from the media quoting 'NFL sources', they have no credibility whatsoever, they just need to justify their existences.
    What is so hard to believe that Tanny was kicking the tires on a trade. that is doing due diligence. What do you want your GM to do, close his eyes and wish for the best.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us