Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 13th pick in the draft for the best cornerback in football?

How is that a fair trade? How many 1st round draft picks are busts?

Doug Martin and a #1 for Revis and Shonn Greene!!! I will go for that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tampa has the 13th pick, and also has an extra 4th round pick in 2013, and plenty of cap room. First and a 4th in 2013 and a 2nd round pick in 2014

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    The 13th pick in the draft for the best cornerback in football?

How is that a fair trade? How many 1st round draft picks are busts?

Doug Martin and a #1 for Revis and Shonn Greene!!! I will go for that.
    you understand the the best corner in football is coming off an acl and is only signed for one year and wants 15 mill

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    you understand the the best corner in football is coming off an acl and is only signed for one year and wants 15 mill
    The best RB in football came off an acl and an mcl almost broke the all time rushing record.
    The best qb in football came off spinal fusion surgery and didn't miss a beat

I think it's safe to say most gms are not as worried about the injury as you are

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I was Idzik I would get in touch with Revis' camp and see what its gonna take to sign him long term. He also needs to let Revis' camp know that if the Jets cant afford him then the Jets will be shopping him and when Idzik converses with other teams he will obviously have to let the other teams know approximately what it will take to sign Revis. If other teams are not interested because of Revis' asking price then Idzik should inform Revis' camp that he's not gonna trade him and he will let Revis play out the year with the Jets. In turn the Jets will probably get what a 3rd round compensation pick?

So either the Jets get a 1st and maybe a 4th for Revis and he's gone or they get Revis for another season at a bargain price and a 3rd round pick. But Revis is taking a big chance by playing another season without that big contract. Thats the only leverage the Jets have is threatening to have Revis play out his contract. Revis could get injured again and never get that big contract. Hmmmmm. Jets need to use this little leverage and try to sign him long term and if that does'nt work and other teams shy away then play him.
    Probably his demands will come down enough so another team can sign him when the Jets threaten to play him all season.

So worst case scenario is Jets get another full season with Revis at a bargain price and a 3rd round compensation pick or we trade him for a 1st and some change.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    The best RB in football came off an acl and an mcl almost broke the all time rushing record.
    The best qb in football came off spinal fusion surgery and didn't miss a beat

I think it's safe to say most gms are not as worried about the injury as you are
    Neither one cost the 13 pick in the draft and a 40 mill SB either. Manning's contract is year to year with no SB.

The ACL will not scare off teams as much as his salary is, but you need to understand that until he is on the field in pads teams are going to be ver reluctant to trade fro him.

take Tampa for instance---Which do you see is a better sceanrio for the Bucs

Sign William Moore and Brent Grimes from Atlanta and use the 13 pick to draft Sheldon Richardson to play alongside McCoy or sign Revis?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Not sure if this has be brought up yet, but is shopping Revis around now just part of Idzik's master plan?

Probably no better time to handle whether or not to extend Revis or to trade him than now. His value has taken a hit because of the injury. I'm guessing Idzik doesn't want to deal with negotiating a new deal after (if) 24 proves he's back to form next year. Not to mention losing any trade value if Revis becomes a free agent.

So now Idzik and Revis both get to see what other teams will offer. My guess is the Jets are probably willing to shell out 13mil a year but Revis is probably looking for over 16mil.

If a team will pony up that much dough... 24 is gone and we get a couple draft picks.
    If no other team will pay 15+mil... maybe the plan is to use the injury to our advantage and lock him up long term now for around 13mil/yr.

Hell, you think if no other team is willing to pay that much, that Revis wants to risk a tough 2013 season coming back from injury being the basis for his next contract with the Jets or some other team? He may just agree to be paid top CB money this offseason.

If he's gotta make 16mil (QB or top defensive player money), well he's gotta go and at least we get some picks.

I just hope other teams won't pay that now given the injury and we get to lock up the GOAT long term for a "bargain".
    That's exactly what Greenie said this morning on Mike ans Mike. He predicted that Revis will end up staying with the Jets because of that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither one cost the 13 pick in the draft and a 40 mill SB either. Manning's contract is year to year with no SB.

The ACL will not scare off teams as much as his salary is, but you need to understand that until he is on the field in pads teams are going to be ver reluctant to trade fro him.

Sign William Moore and Brent Grimes from Atlanta and use the 13 pick to draft Sheldon Richardson to play alongside McCoy or sign Revis?
    I think a team with enough cap room will try and sign the best cb in football. If the jets decide to trade him they will decide who the suiter will be

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If gronk had a year left on his contract and is coming off 2 broken forearms gms would be tripping over themselves to sign him as well

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    As far as OL go, Warmack is as close to a lock as you can get.

I've said it before, he doesn't just have pro-bowl upside, he has John Hannah/Mike Munchak "holy sh*t this guy is the most dominant interior OL of his era" upside.
    Would it be safe to call him a offensive bowling ball with knifes? If so, sign me up.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is my favorite Jet in the last 45 years. I have every jersey they've ever produced for sale, including throwbacks, with his number on them. I worship the guy.

I would (cry and then) make the trade with Tampa for the thirteenth pick.

He will heal and be great again because he is a monster and a tough SOB. But he will hold out again and defeat the purpose of having his talent on the team. We can finish 6-10 without him. Maybe with the 9th and 13th picks we can pick two studs and get this ship moving forward.

Just don't give him away to a division rival unless they empty the vault. Peter King said today in his column, and I'm paraphrasing, that even if New England gave us three (3) 1's for Revis, plus a good player,we still shouldn't do it. For 3 1's plus a good player you, Peter King, can go fvck yourself. I'd do that deal in a New York minute. Revis just started running again for Pete's sake. He could blow that knee out in pre-season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Revis is my favorite Jet in the last 45 years. I have every jersey they've ever produced for sale, including throwbacks, with his number on them. I worship the guy.

I would (cry and then) make the trade with Tampa for the thirteenth pick.

He will heal and be great again because he is a monster and a tough SOB. But he will hold out again and defeat the purpose of having his talent on the team. We can finish 6-10 without him. Maybe with the 9th and 13th picks we can pick two studs and get this ship moving forward.

Just don't give him away to a division rival unless they empty the vault. Peter King said today in his column, and I'm paraphrasing, that even if New England gave us three (3) 1's for Revis, plus a good player,we still shouldn't do it. For 3 1's plus a good player you, Peter King, can go fvck yourself. I'd do that deal in a New York minute. Revis just started running again for Pete's sake. He could blow that knee out in pre-season.
    Are they real Jet jerseys or from the chinese?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis has to take the best reciever on the field completely out of the game with a surgically repaired knee. Do you want to take the chance that he won't blow it back out again the first time he tries to sprint downfield and make a cut, or multiple cuts? The Jets are nuts if they take that chance. They have high interest in him and they need to cash in and fix this offense and try to re-sign Landry.

If the Jets are smart, Revis is GONE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    If the jets decide to trade him they will decide who the suiter will be
    Wrong.

Revis will decide who he signs a long-term contract with, not the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wrong.

Revis will decide who he signs a long-term contract with, not the Jets.
    Revis wants to be paid now, before the season. If he plays and he doesn't perform to his pre-injury levels, he's worth less in 2014 free agency. If he plays extremely well there are few teams that will consider giving him 6/96. He wants to stay in NY, also.

He doesn't care about the Jets' salary cap concerns.

He doesn't care who the Jets cut to sign him to his mega contract.

It's just business.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Revis has to take the best reciever on the field completely out of the game with a surgically repaired knee. Do you want to take the chance that he won't blow it back out again the first time he tries to sprint downfield and make a cut, or multiple cuts? The Jets are nuts if they take that chance. They have high interest in him and they need to cash in and fix this offense and try to re-sign Landry.

If the Jets are smart, Revis is GONE.

The question is does Revis want to take that chance? If Revis leaves the Jets at least get a third round compensation pick. If Revis plays this season without a long term deal and gets injured he might never get that big contract. It's in his best interest to come down on his price and get a long term deal done as soon as he possibly can.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does paying Revis 16 instead of 13 make the Jets unable to fix the offense? Do you guys not realize how quickly the cap and contracts move in the NFL? What high priced free agent do you plan to get with the savings of trading Revis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Hey moron! I'm pretty sure I can use that example because 1) Revis is a once in a lifetime corner that could attract teams and be willing to give up players. 2)I only want players in exchange so I don't want to settle for picks. 3) it just makes sense. Now if that bailey trade never happened, then you may have a point. But there is precedent to this. Wake up.

Why couldn't we sign a player that we need in a position that we need, to a long term deal? Everyone is saying we need to spend the money on a DE or pass rushing LB'er. Here is your chance.
    Whoops, sorry. My bad - I thought you were intelligent.

Carry on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Whoops, sorry. My bad - I thought you were intelligent.

Carry on.
    Haha

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Are they real Jet jerseys or from the chinese?
    Definitely not real jerseys. I don't pay two cents to smell another man's body odor.

Point being, if someone will back up the truck and empty the vault for a guys who couldn't walk last month and will crush us financially for years to come, I'd do the deal.

There's nobody we've ever had as good as this guy. I love him. But unless he comes back to earth and [I]works with us[I] we have to move on and get what we can get.

Not comparable in the least, but I've seen my other team trade a Cy Young award winner because it made sense. Same here.