Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you are absolutely delusional if you think the offensive skill positions are good, and that all they need is a good qb. you should stop posting if that's what you think. basically every analyst and personnel expert has said that the jets need to upgrade their offensive skill positions. even current jets, from cromartie to scott, have said it too.
    The skill position players were not great, but they were all part of a terrible system with a lousy QB who didn't hit them when they were open, and the best WR didn't play in 2012.

Basically every analyst also says that Sparano was clueless and didn't know how to run an offense.

They need help, but Hill is entering his 2nd season and battled injuries all last year. I expect he shows significant improvement.

Kerley looked very good. Holmes can play, when he feels like it.

Edwards looked healthy and motivated toward the end of the season.

It's not like they're running Clyde Gates out there as the #2 anymore. That was unacceptable.

I don't feel as good about the RBs as I do the WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Because Cromartie will take $8M/year and be happy... While Revis will hold out, want $18M/year, finally agree to 3 year deal worth $16M/year... still not be happy and then in 2 years will hold out again and want an even larger contract.
    No he won't. He makes more than that this year. As a matter of fact he makes more than Revis.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

Here's what I don't understand.

If Rex is such a genius defensive guru, then why the hell do we need studs all over the place to field a Top 10 defense?

I thought Rex was able to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t?

This offense needs a total overhaul and we have people b*tching because we don't want to pay a CB, who we got along just fine without last season, Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money.

It's ridiculous.

Fix this goddamn offense already.
    So we should weaken our D to fix the O? And what then? Good O, poor D ... still won't win you a championship.

We need to fix the O by getting rid of the dross and replacing it with talent. Not holding on to the dross and getting rid of D talent.

Two years time - better, cheaper than Sanchez QB; better, cheaper than Holmes WR. (And throw into the bargain - better, cheaper than Harris LB). More than enough cap then to pay other guys more as they prove their worth, like our young DL.

All Pro
    I just can't buy into that.

Saying that our offense is totally fixed by plugging in a competent QB is optimistic to say the least.

Everyone knows I'm about as anti-Sanchez as it gets, but even I will admit that our offensive woes go beyond the QB position.
    Is Seattle's WR corps better than the Jets? Not in my opinion.

If given the option to take the whole group, I'll take Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Edwards over Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin and Deon Butler.

The Jets OL was above average this year, according to just about every independent analytic website I've read.

RB is a problem, but that's partially because they've been stubborn to take carries away from Greene. Powell might be better than Greene... who knows.

Rookie
    This is a good example. Trading Revis for a player would be like Trading L Taylor for Hugh Douglas. Douglas a good player but not any near the level of LT. Would you do that trade if Douglas is cheaper but not as skilled? I think most of the answers would be no way. If you trade Revis for another player and a draft pick this is what you get including going against the team's history no matter who has been in charge of busting the pick. I would rather have Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    So we should weaken our D to fix the O? And what then? Good O, poor D ... still won't win you a championship.

We need to fix the O by getting rid of the dross and replacing it with talent. Not holding on to the dross and getting rid of D talent.

Two years time - better, cheaper than Sanchez QB; better, cheaper than Holmes WR. (And throw into the bargain - better, cheaper than Harris LB). More than enough cap then to pay other guys more as they prove their worth, like our young DL.
    I'm saying that if Rex is such a genius when it comes to defense, then we shouldn't have to go defense in the 1st round of every draft and pay a fortune to our starting CB's.

This is all about resources.

We're severely limiting our resources to fix this offense if we're paying one of our CB's Tom f*cking Brady money.

On the other hand, we're increasing our resources to fix this sh*tastic offense by trading Revis, gaining some more high draft picks, and freeing up a boatload of money in the future.

I must be missing something here, because I didn't really see our defense faulter at all when Revis went down.

So our pass defense dipped from #1 to #2?

Whoopty sh*t

How does that constitute paying a corner franchise QB money?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    This is a good example. Trading Revis for a player would be like Trading L Taylor for Hugh Douglas. Douglas a good player but not any near the level of LT. Would you do that trade if Douglas is cheaper but not as skilled? I think most of the answers would be no way. If you trade Revis for another player and a draft pick this is what you get including going against the team's history no matter who has been in charge of busting the pick. I would rather have Revis.
    Talking about LT Abe is only around 10 sacks behind him.. Abe is one of the only 2 Jet D players that have had 4 sacks in a game.. It's obvious who the other was.. PS.. It's not Revis..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Manning had like a 27 million bonus or something if he was still on the roster didn't he??
    Yes and at the time it was questionable he'd ever play again. On top of that the best QB prospect maybe ever was coming out that year. The perfect storm.

I'm saying that if Rex is such a genius when it comes to defense, then we shouldn't have to go defense in the 1st round of every draft and pay a fortune to our starting CB's.

This is all about resources.

We're severely limiting our resources to fix this offense if we're paying one of our CB's Tom f*cking Brady money.

On the other hand, we're increasing our resources to fix this sh*tastic offense by trading Revis, gaining some more high draft picks, and freeing up a boatload of money in the future.

I must be missing something here, because I didn't really see our defense faulter at all when Revis went down.

So our pass defense dipped from #1 to #2?

Whoopty sh*t

How does that constitute paying a corner franchise QB money?
    exactly. how about spending some of that money on offensive weapons. doesn't anyone get tired of watching the jets not score? people seem to think the jets can basically plug in jags at most offensive spots and they'll be in contention 'when they get a decent qb'. well, that's hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the type of player. best at his position superstar.

with revis we are an elite defense without him we are mediocre at best.
    wonder if you would still use this logic if the Jets had the best Fullback and he had held out twice before and looking to tie up your cap almost double what other FBs make

All Pro
    exactly. how about spending some of that money on offensive weapons. doesn't anyone get tired of watching the jets not score? people seem to think the jets can basically plug in jags at most offensive spots and they'll be in contention 'when they get a decent qb'. well, that's hard to get.
    Yes, a decent QB is hard to get, and until they get one, you will continue to watch the Jets not score TDs... no matter who they have at the skill positions.

Good QBs turn average WRs into Pro Bowlers, not vice versa.

Jets Insider VIP
    Football is entertainment.

I watch football to be entertained.

And I have no idea what is entertaining about constantly watching your team struggle for 60 minutes just to put 10 points on the board.

But who needs offense to be entertained?

What could be more thrilling than watching Revis run step for step with the other teams #1 receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Yes, a decent QB is hard to get, and until they get one, you will continue to watch the Jets not score TDs... no matter who they have at the skill positions.

Good QBs turn average WRs into Pro Bowlers, not vice versa.
    the jets would score if they had playmakers. sanchez is bad, sure, but if he had wrs and rbs who could turn a 10 yard catch into 30 yards and a 20 yard catch into a td and a screen pass into long gains, they'd have more points. not all tds are 70 yard perfect throws by elite qbs. teams get points from guys who outrun defenders and make them miss, too. they may not be great until they get a new qb, but it makes no sense to wait to go and get real playmakers just b/c they don't have a good qb.

The Jets have spent resources on offense. There is a misconception here that they haven't. It's that they ****ed up. Sanchez, Holmes, Ferguson, and Mangold say hi. They also used a first on Keller, second on Stephen Hill, second on Ducasse. They traded picks for Braylon Edwards, a former all-pro. They could have used those resources more wisely. But, paying for a legitimately great player is the problem?

Again, it's not Revis that is making the offense suck. Mike Tannenbaum is responsible.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 01-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The Jets have spent money on offense. Sanchez, Holmes, Ferguson, and Mangold say hi. They also used a first on Keller, second on Stephen Hill, second on Ducasse. They traded picks for Braylon Edwards, a former all-pro. They could have used those resources more wisely. But, paying for a legitimately great player is the problem?

Again, it's not Revis that is making the offense suck. Mike Tannenbaum is responsible.
    tanny is responsible, yes. and rex isn't helping by encouraging tanny to always draft defense in the first round, and to build an offensive roster with slow guys who cant catch

And I have no idea what is entertaining about constantly watching your team struggle for 60 minutes just to put 10 points on the board.

What could be more thrilling than watching Revis run step for step with the other teams #1 receiver?
    Probably your best post.

Again, not Darrelle's fault. What moves has Darrelle stopped the Jets from making on offense? Did Darrelle guarantee Sanchez's contract? Did Darrelle spend a second rounder on Ducasse? Did Darrelle pay Santonio Holmes like a #1 receiver? Did Darrelle re-sign Wayne Hunter? Did Darrelle decide to make Nick Mangold fat and lazy? Did Darrelle sprain Dustin Keller's ankle? Did Darrelle draft a WR in the second round who can't catch? Did Darrelle make Greene slower than molasses?

And still finish 8-8, 9-7...

that's the one thing woody has missed the past few years. sure they were winning, but winning ugly. how did rex convince woody that winning with defense and not scoring would sell psls?

that's the one thing woody has missed the past few years. sure they were winning, but winning ugly. how did rex convince woody that winning with defense and not scoring would sell psls?
    Because that's all Rex knows.