Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

Am I understanding this correctly? We're actually going to have to trade the best defensive player in the NFL - one of our best draft stories ever - because we've locked up too much money in Sh*tchez and a bunch of stupid name-contracts?
    Last edited by Paradis; 01-25-2013 at 09:27 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly? We're actually going to have to trade the best defensive player in the NFL - one of our best draft stories ever - because we've locked up too much money in ****chez and a bunch of stupid name-contracts?
    Yep.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I understanding this correctly? We're actually going to have to trade the best defensive player in the NFL - one of our best draft stories ever - because we've locked up too much money in ****chez and a bunch of stupid name-contracts?
    No it's because Mevi$ is just greedy and has nothing to do with the stupidity of this franchise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't the Jets get rid of Sanchez and Holmes after 2013 and free up about $17 mill? And Cro will count $9 mill against the cap in 2014 and Harris $5 mill (restructures). 2013 cap shape not good, but Revis isn't a FA until 2014 when things can be much, much better $ wise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why Revis and not Cromartie?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    No it's because Mevi$ is just greedy and has nothing to do with the stupidity of this franchise.
    true. if him and his agents pull that BS for the third time, well, who knows then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. Sanchez, Holmes, Harris awful contracts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone understands it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was the really bad contract.

Around here, at the time, the Harris and Holmes contracts were good moves so we can't flip flop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Someone understands it.
    Someone doesn't.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets just have the best CB in the world play for the league minimum. He has already made enough money. Hell, he should just be a good guy and play for free.

That's the only way people will be happy. It's greedy to want to get paid for what you are worth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone doesn't.
    I thought the sarcasm in my post was pretty obvious. I put the little face in there and everything.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Why Revis and not Cromartie?
    Because Cromartie will take $8M/year and be happy... While Revis will hold out, want $18M/year, finally agree to 3 year deal worth $16M/year... still not be happy and then in 2 years will hold out again and want an even larger contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone doesn't.
    LOL. Obviously it's you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I understanding this correctly? We're actually going to have to trade the best defensive player in the NFL - one of our best draft stories ever - because we've locked up too much money in Sh*tchez and a bunch of stupid name-contracts?
    yes its true, so damn sickening it has come to this.

this organization has hit an all time low.

jets game day bucket go boom!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blame Rex and Tanny.

They ruined this team in 2011.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to believe Tanny cost us Revis with the way he wrote that deal. He is getting paid 9 mil not to sign a new deal IMO by his own team. Tanny essentially gave him almost no intensive to not use that stupid opt out clause.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's not because we've locked money up in them, it's because they suck and because we have zero depth and talent throughout the rest of the team. Make no mistake if Sanchez and Holmes and Keller and Greene were solid players and we had a good offense then extending Revis is a no brainer. But fact is they all suck. All of them. None are anywhere near what they are paid and expected to be. Mark is not a starting QB, so we need to find a new one. Holmes is not a #1 receiver, Keller is a one dimensional limited TE, Greene is a situational power back. We need to find quality replacements for all of them, as well as OL, LB, and S. To fill all these needs we need picks and time to develop them. Ain't no sense paying a CB top dollar for a team that's going to be rebuilding over the next 3 years when we can trade him for multiple high value picks to address all the holes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the sarcasm in my post was pretty obvious. I put the little face in there and everything.
    He's not worth the amount. He's a cornerback who did his ACL. That and he's free to listen to offers from the whole league next year. He's all about the money. We let him go now we can still get something for him.

Or better this: you are ok with losing Revis and getting nothing in return besides some compensatory 3rd rounder.

All so Jets fans can say they have best CB of ALL TIMES on their squad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is it 'greedy' to try to get as much money as someone will pay him?

If you knew that you could get a raise by going to a different job, wouldn't you?

And don't give me some BS about how 10 million should be fine instead of 15 million. To some starving villager you trying to make $150k a year instead of $100k a year is just as 'greedy'.

Edit: I also don't understand how all of this stuff from the Jets gets out into the press. Letting a player find out they are shopping him before he needs to know is just dumb. Unless he has a 'no trade' clause in his contract he'd have to waive why the **** would you have a player find out about this until he needed to know? If they can't find a team willing to pay the right price what does it serve them to have him find out he's on the market?
    Last edited by fnordcircle; 01-25-2013 at 10:05 PM.