Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Let me know when we draft a HOF QB, then and only then should we move heaven and earth to pay him. But then again most QB's take less in order for the team to be able to surround him with talent. Something Revis would never consider.
    With the new rookie CBA that shouldn't be a problem like it was..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    What part of what I said don't you get? I don't want him at any cost. If reasonable then yes. I don't want to trade for picks tho. Players yes.

That is not being obsessed with a player. I'm willing to let him go, but not for peanuts.

Get it now?
    What the hell is "reasonable" about $16 million per year for a CB?

Please, enlighten me.

I'm all ears.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What the hell is "reasonable" about $16 million per year for a CB?

Please, enlighten me.

I'm all ears.
    It's called a negotiation for a reason. If its 16 then you get rid of him. Why can't you grasp this?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Emotional fans wont ever get it.
    F-ing Bean Counters.....lol

Funny how teams are lining up for the services of one Darelle Revis...some way, some how other teams will find a way to afford this man.

You speak of the theams we should be better than...each one of those teams has a decent QB...we don't.

Revis will be our highest paid player, period, and should be. After next year, we won't have a QB making HUGE, Mark Sanchez type money, so we will be able to afford him.

Think for yourself. Don't let Ditka, Meshawn and the panel speak for you. Use that noodle upstairs

Hall Of Fame
    What part of what I said don't you get? I don't want him at any cost. If reasonable then yes. I don't want to trade for picks tho. Players yes.

That is not being obsessed with a player. I'm willing to let him go, but not for peanuts.

Get it now?
    So tell us the number at which a Revis contract becomes "unreasonable" in your opinion.

It is like the politicians in Washington. Everyone in both parties is all in favor or reducing spending until they actually have to name a specific "something" they would reduce. So tell us your number please. My own number is $10-$11 million per year and no more. Also not a huge signing bonus as he has been prone to injuries and dings. What is your number?

Please explain that if "peanuts" are all that is being offered today, are you OK to have him play out next year for us, in essence as a one year rental and then see him leave at the end of it for not even those "peanuts"?

We all would like to get seven number one picks for him and... I daresay that if the best offer today is a single seventh rounder then all of us would say "No, that is not enough and we will keep him for a year". But at what price would it make sense to let him go if we have already determined that we will not meet his price and we cannot franchise him?

Sorry, but no. You can't trade away every person on your team for another person at that position that has been in a Super Bowl. Won't happen.
    What? You make little sense.

Corners do not bring the ring my Jet brother. I dont care how great they are.

If the Jets pay this man what he wants, the roster will be stripped of talent for years.

Winning teams build from the inside of the lines out. You pay your qb, left tackle and pass rushers top dollar, thats it.
    I love Revis on the field, he is one of the best to ever play so far...the jury is still out on how he finishes his career.

It would be financially irresponsible to give in to his demands.

I dont care what the jackasses on the radio say (evan, Joe, Carton, Fatman, and all the idiots at espn). They do not know business, they know media.
    Hopefully this Idzik guy can do the right thing for this team for once and not make emotional decisions that always put us back.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    So tell us the number at which a Revis contract becomes "unreasonable" in your opinion.

It is like the politicians in Washington. Everyone in both parties is all in favor or reducing spending until they actually have to name a specific "something" they would reduce. So tell us your number please. My own number is $10-$11 million per year and no more. Also not a huge signing bonus as he has been prone to injuries and dings. What is your number?

Please explain that if "peanuts" are all that is being offered today, are you OK to have him play out next year for us, in essence as a one year rental and then see him leave at the end of it for not even those "peanuts"?

We all would like to get seven number one picks for him and... I daresay that if the best offer today is a single seventh rounder then all of us would say "No, that is not enough and we will keep him for a year". But at what price would it make sense to let him go if we have already determined that we will not meet his price and we cannot franchise him?
    I'd go as high as 12.5.

I don't want picks for this guy. I want players. I'm sure you read my previous posts when I said this. Players yes, picks no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'd go as high as 12.5.
    I don't want picks for this guy. I want players. I'm sure you read my previous posts when I said this. Players yes, picks no.
    Sign me up for that.. Of course Revis won't..

Let me tell you what will ultimately happen with Revis.

He and his two agents will never come to terms with one of our trading partners there by nullifying any deal. This will render him a free agent next year and leave the Jets holding their nuts.

Watch.

The Jets should negotiate NOW with Revis for an extension, making it perfectly clear that if they cannot reach an agreement by a certain date (before the draft) he would be traded. No BS. Tell us what you want and if we can afford it we will pay it, if not, sayonara.

I prefer Revis stay a jet, as would most other fans. But I cannot agree to cripple the team long term if his demands are outrageous. And I cannot see keeping him for this season and getting nothing at the end if he chooses to walk. A one year rental means less to me than a few draft choices. If he's going to walk at the end of this season, then get what you can for him now. I just do not understand how anyone can defy that logic.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who said trade away "every" player.

The point you are completly missing is you have one player who would cripple the Jets financially and plays the CB position. It's not like Revis is a DE/OLB who can completly disrupt opposing offenses.

He shuts down one friggn' guy, that's it.

Would you trade Revis straight up for JJ Watt?
    Just about EVERY SINGLE TEAM has a player that is paid a hefty ransom. Most are QB's but many are not. The 9ers pay Bowman and Willis HUGE money, because they don't spend big money on a QB

The Pats pay Brady

Broncos Manning

Look at the ravens, they'll have to go all in with Flacco

Texans pay Foster, Titans pay CJ

It whomever the team deems most valuable

Revis is our guy....he's going nowhere

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Let me tell you what will ultimately happen with Revis.

He and his two agents will never come to terms with one of our trading partners there by nullifying any deal. This will render him a free agent next year and leave the Jets holding their nuts.

Watch.
    I was thinking that but didn't have the guts to post it.. Bravo my man..

I'd go as high as 12.5.

12.5, lol good luck with that. Have you met Revis and his agents??

The Jets would write that contract today.

Picks only, no players.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I was thinking that but didn't have the guts to post it.. Bravo my man..
    Thanks Savage. Doesn't surprise me that you were also on the same page as me.

Revis and Co. have been nothing but a headache since day 1.

All League

Picks only, no players.
    No, I haven't met them.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    No you don't.

The good/great teams build a defense from the inside out, not the outside in.
    That's the truth even from a Pats fan. They have traded away guys in their prime and still contend for SB every year. We need to cash in now or risk losing him next year. We are still the #2 pass defense. Rex will get the best out of the defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    That's the truth even from a Pats fan. They have traded away guys in their prime and still contend for SB every year. We need to cash in now or risk losing him next year. We are still the #2 pass defense. Rex will get the best out of the defense.
    We don't have a QB we have to pay....have to think we'll draft one, so the QB we have will be cheap money

We can afford Revis...he's the leader of this team

Hall Of Fame

Picks only, no players.
    Fair enough. He told us his number and as it happens it is not all that far off from many others on this board who are supposedly on the "other side" of this debate. My problem is with the "just pay him" idiots on this board who refuse, are not willing, or are not capable of thinking this thing through.

Did the Giants try to trade Lawrence Taylor in his prime?
    Did the Bears try to trade Sayers or Butkus in their primes?
    Did the Steelers try to trade Joe Greene or Jack Lambert in their primes?
    Did the 49ers try to trade Jerry Rice in his prime?
    Have the Vikings tried to trade AP in his prime?
    Have the Lions tried to trade Megatron in his prime?
    Has Houston tried to trade Andre Johnson in his prime?

Hopefully that makes my point......

JET FANS, HEAR THIS, LISTEN TO THIS:

THE PROBLEM WITH THE JETS IS NOT REVIS, IT'S ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE BESIDES REVIS (Who knows with a healthy Revis, we might have been better than 6-10 -- even with a lousy performing QB -- because of his play and locker room leadership!)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post

Hopefully that makes my point......

JET FANS, HEAR THIS, LISTEN TO THIS:

THE PROBLEM WITH THE JETS IS NOT REVIS, IT'S ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE BESIDES REVIS (Who knows with a healthy Revis, we might have been better than 6-10 -- even with a lousy performing QB -- because of his play and locker room leadership!)