Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 481

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    A big +1. I keep posting about the media. The irony is that these esteem () journalists are with the team the entire season and never wrote this story until it became news this past week? How did they miss this apparent huge scoop on the Jets trading their best player? Now all of a sudden it is a story and the NY Post of all media claims the Jets were willing to trade him before the injury? Yeah....and I have a bridge to sell you.

    GTFO with this b/s. It is about headlines and trying to sell papers; in other words, it is a LIE! Unnamed sources to progress the fabricated story.
    You could look at it as Tanny spoke to a couple of GMs to gage what his value is. The other GMs would not break the confidence, but now that Tanny is no longer the GM there is no longer an reason to maintain the private confidence. The reporters that go to the league meetings all know which GMs are buddy buddy with each other, when the "story" about Revis situation broke this past week those GMs were probably asked. I don't see this as far fetched at all. They never said that the jets were calling people trying to trade him.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Luckily for us these emotional, closeminded, "OMG no f'n way can you trade Revis because he is GOD" fans aren't running this organization.

    Like it or not guys Idzik is running the show and for him to even consider trading Revis at this point early in his tenure shows that he is levelheaded enough to make the right decisions for the betterment of the franchise AS A WHOLE, not so that we can say "Hey we have the best CB that ever walked the earth on our team, how about you?"

    Trade him for multiple picks and give Idzik some ammo to build this team. Make him earn his money buy drafting the right players. Building a contender involves some risk in the draft. It is mindboggling that some of you would rather watch a mediocre at best team with the best CB on the planet then have a shot a building a contender.

    S.O.J.F.
    You might not be able to get multiple picks for Revis . Every General manager knows that D Revis will be an unrestricted FA in 2014 . Jets can't do anything to stop them.(no franchise tag) Do you take a lousy second round pick for clearly a guy that worth much more than that. Or do you sign him at any cost. Don't think Jets FO will be silly to let him get to UFA and they receive a lousy late third rounder as compensation in 2015.

    The Jets have a gun to their heads with D Revis holding all the bullets.

    BTw If Jets let Revis talk with teams about possible trades. Are they just letting those teams start the early discussions about what he wants in 2014 as a UFA. (hey Revis we not going to give up a pick for you but were prepared to offer you a monster deal in 2014. Revis to Jets I will only go to Bronco's(traded) or I will play out the season and test Fa. Bronco's we will give you a third rounder for Revis.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-27-2013 at 07:49 PM.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You could look at it as Tanny spoke to a couple of GMs to gage what his value is. The other GMs would not break the confidence, but now that Tanny is no longer the GM there is no longer an reason to maintain the private confidence. The reporters that go to the league meetings all know which GMs are buddy buddy with each other, when the "story" about Revis situation broke this past week those GMs were probably asked. I don't see this as far fetched at all. They never said that the jets were calling people trying to trade him.
    So if what you post is true, why are the sources "unnamed?" Since Tanny is gone I suspect it is very easy for one of these so called GMs to put their name on the record?

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    So if what you post is true, why are the sources "unnamed?" Since Tanny is gone I suspect it is very easy for one of these so called GMs to put their name on the record?
    Look, I have no idea why anyone in football talks to the media, but some people do. Why they still choose to remain silent, I have no idea, I just gave my opinion on a possible scenario.

  5. #345
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    C Mart has updated his post but I thought it was worth highlighting that this story written by Cannizzarro is an utter fabrication.



    According to Manish and Cimini (I know, true journalists themselves worthy of Pulitzers) Tannenbaum picked the brains of confidantes on the REvis situation but never discussed trading him.



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...to-knee-injury

    Just more bullcrap and spin from the media quoting 'NFL sources', they have no credibility whatsoever, they just need to justify their existences.
    Thank you...

    The beat writers for the NYJs are a DISGRACE!!!!!

  6. #346
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,731
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    He deserves to be paid as the highest corner in the game

    If that is 13-14 Million, so be it...We won't be paying a QB big money for at least another 5 years
    Just to be clear here, if the number is $15 million and not a penny less then that would be too rich for your blood?

    In that circumstance would you take his contribution on the field in 2013 and agree to part ways at the end of the year with no compensation or would you listen to trade offers today?

  7. #347
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    You might not be able to get multiple picks for Revis . Every General manager knows that D Revis will be an unrestricted FA in 2014 . Jets can't do anything to stop them.(no franchise tag) Do you take a lousy second round pick for clearly a guy that worth much more than that. Or do you sign him at any cost. Don't think Jets FO will be silly to let him get to UFA and they receive a lousy late third rounder as compensation in 2015.

    The Jets have a gun to their heads with D Revis holding all the bullets.

    BTw If Jets let Revis talk with teams about possible trades. Are they just letting those teams start the early discussions about what he wants in 2014 as a UFA. (hey Revis we not going to give up a pick for you but were prepared to offer you a monster deal in 2014. Revis to Jets I will only go to Bronco's(traded) or I will play out the season and test Fa. Bronco's we will give you a third rounder for Revis.
    A man coming off an injury would prefer to have the security of a long term deal in place. If Revis can get that today with an agreement to sign and trade then he is likely to be open to that idea and not expose himself to an "unprotected" 2013.

    On the other hand if he thinks the premium he will get from playing that unprotected year is substantial enough then he might just decide to roll those dice.

    Even though Leon Washington made the same decision and lost.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Sanchez, Holmes, Harris, Brick aren't getting paid like scrubs. That's the problem.
    Harris and Brick aren't scrubs and Harris is the only one of those 2 who is overpaid.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Harris and Brick aren't scrubs and Harris is the only one of those 2 who is overpaid.
    What ???? Holmes is overpaid by about 25 million dollars !!!

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    A man coming off an injury would prefer to have the security of a long term deal in place. If Revis can get that today with an agreement to sign and trade then he is likely to be open to that idea and not expose himself to an "unprotected" 2013.

    On the other hand if he thinks the premium he will get from playing that unprotected year is substantial enough then he might just decide to roll those dice.

    Even though Leon Washington made the same decision and lost.
    Couple of points . How much has Revis made so far from the Jets and compare that to what Leon Washington made up to that point. D Revis is guarantee 6 million from Jets in 2013. Correct?
    Revis isn't your typical pro athlete as he doesn't waste his money. If he never plays another down he probably has enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life.

    Now this isn't 1970's where if you had an ACL Injury your career might have been over. This ACl surgery is very routine surgery today and I don't remember one athlete not being able to come back from that injury( was never the same)


    There is a reason why D Revis wanted the Jets to not be able to put the franchise tag on him. Now he twelve months away from unrestricted Fa( where he going to have a bidding war and can play where he wants to) and he going to give up that right.

    With ACl injuries very common I bet he can get insured from Lloyd's of London to protect himself from injury in 2013.

    last point do you know Charles Woodson story. The Raiders franchise tag him the second time and he missed most of the season on IR. Did it hurt him in freeagency . Nope the Packers gave him one of the richest contract. So if Revis again was hurt and had to go on IR , there would be a team out there that would still sign him to a big contract.

    The jets might be forced to try and give D Revis whatever he wants ( he still might say no- especially if Jets are rebuilding) That why not having that franchise tag and you have no power as it all in Revis hands.
    Also He can say he not signing a contract extension with team( no trade) . The only option the Jets might have is just watch him leave and you get a late third rounder as compensation. ( than fans would say why didn't they get at least a second round pick)

    The Jets better start kissing Revis butt or there are going to be some very angry Jet fans in2014.

    Something should be done as no team who drafted a once in lifetime player shouldn't watch there investment go down the toilet , with really no where near the compensation he worth. another team signs a franchise player they at the very least should have to sacrifice their number 1 pick to that team.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-28-2013 at 05:25 AM.

  11. #351
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    What ???? Holmes is overpaid by about 25 million dollars !!!
    I think he was saying Holmes is a scrub anyway, so by default is overpaid.

  12. #352
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,121
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Champ bailey ?
    what about him? You're going to use the one and only big trade in the last 10 years as proof you know what you're talking about? are you kidding me?

    Did you not read what i said about players signing extensions when they're traded there captain crunch? How exactly are we going to sign a player to a big extension in exchange for revis?


    No. Just no.

  13. #353
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    what about him? You're going to use the one and only big trade in the last 10 years as proof you know what you're talking about? are you kidding me?

    Did you not read what i said about players signing extensions when they're traded there captain crunch? How exactly are we going to sign a player to a big extension in exchange for revis?


    No. Just no.
    Hey moron! I'm pretty sure I can use that example because 1) Revis is a once in a lifetime corner that could attract teams and be willing to give up players. 2)I only want players in exchange so I don't want to settle for picks. 3) it just makes sense. Now if that bailey trade never happened, then you may have a point. But there is precedent to this. Wake up.

    Why couldn't we sign a player that we need in a position that we need, to a long term deal? Everyone is saying we need to spend the money on a DE or pass rushing LB'er. Here is your chance.

  14. #354

    Idzik's master Revis plan...

    Not sure if this has be brought up yet, but is shopping Revis around now just part of Idzik's master plan?

    Probably no better time to handle whether or not to extend Revis or to trade him than now. His value has taken a hit because of the injury. I'm guessing Idzik doesn't want to deal with negotiating a new deal after (if) 24 proves he's back to form next year. Not to mention losing any trade value if Revis becomes a free agent.

    So now Idzik and Revis both get to see what other teams will offer. My guess is the Jets are probably willing to shell out 13mil a year but Revis is probably looking for over 16mil.

    If a team will pony up that much dough... 24 is gone and we get a couple draft picks.
    If no other team will pay 15+mil... maybe the plan is to use the injury to our advantage and lock him up long term now for around 13mil/yr.

    Hell, you think if no other team is willing to pay that much, that Revis wants to risk a tough 2013 season coming back from injury being the basis for his next contract with the Jets or some other team? He may just agree to be paid top CB money this offseason.

    If he's gotta make 16mil (QB or top defensive player money), well he's gotta go and at least we get some picks.

    I just hope other teams won't pay that now given the injury and we get to lock up the GOAT long term for a "bargain".

  15. #355
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,142
    Both the Jets and Revis have reasons to get a deal done. I think he'd take a 5 year deal in the $50 to $60 mil range...with maybe $35-$40 mil guaranteed.

    If he doesn't accept, then he has to be dealt.





    .

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Both the Jets and Revis have reasons to get a deal done. I think he'd take a 5 year deal in the $50 to $60 mil range...with maybe $35-$40 mil guaranteed.

    If he doesn't accept, then he has to be dealt.





    .
    I guess all those reports of him wanting a deal north of Mario Williams (6 years, 96 mil, 5 guaranteed) never made it to you. He ain't taking 10m a year.

  17. #357
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Both the Jets and Revis have reasons to get a deal done. I think he'd take a 5 year deal in the $50 to $60 mil range...with maybe $35-$40 mil guaranteed.

    If he doesn't accept, then he has to be dealt.





    .
    Revis knows he's in line to get a 6 year 100 million dollar contract with close to 50 million guaranteed. He'll get that type of money 100%. Revis will be traded to the highest bidder, it's not even a question anymore. Anyone saying otherwise is just lying to themselves. Revis wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the game and he will get it on the open market. So unless the Jets come somewhere in the ball park of that, he's not settling.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 01-28-2013 at 04:30 PM.

  18. #358
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,441
    omg - not another Revis thread

    :

  19. #359
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I guess all those reports of him wanting a deal north of Mario Williams (6 years, 96 mil, 5 guaranteed) never made it to you. He ain't taking 10m a year.
    This

    I think we would all like to re-sign Revis between $12-13 million per, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

    Just because the Bills were stupid enough to give Williams a contract on par with the best QB's in the league today doesn't mean we should do the same with Revis.

    And for all the talent Williams has, where did the Bills end up? Once again in the basement of the AFC East for seemingly the umpteenth time this century.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

    I think we would all like to re-sign Revis between $12-13 million per, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

    Just because the Bills were stupid enough to give Williams a contract on par with the best QB's in the league today doesn't mean we should do the same with Revis.

    And for all the talent Williams has, where did the Bills end up? Once again in the basement of the AFC East for seemingly the umpteenth time this century.
    It's an insult to Revis. I mean, we all make more than that, right?

    If Al Davis didn't give Nnamdi that contract a few years ago, then the 12 million dollar range would be feasible now. He raised the standard contract for an elite CB with that contract.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us