Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I guess all those reports of him wanting a deal north of Mario Williams (6 years, 96 mil, 5 guaranteed) never made it to you. He ain't taking 10m a year.
    It made it to me. I just think he'd take $12 mil/season now, rather than waiting for next year to get his pay day. we'll see.
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 01-28-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's an insult to Revis. I mean, we all make more than that, right?

If Al Davis didn't give Nnamdi that contract a few years ago, then the 12 million dollar range would be feasible now. He raised the standard contract for an elite CB with that contract.
    Yes...Revis wanted Asomugha money but didn't have leverage to make it happen back then.

That 2010 holdout that resulted in a $42 mil band aid extension...took away the franchise tag from the Jets. Also...it contained a poison pill. That if Revis didn't agree to a new contract...and walked...Jets end up getting tagged with a $9 mil dead money hit to the 2014 CAP.

Those Scrooge & Marley agents of Revis raped Tanny and the Jets real good with that new contract. The Revis camp just let that oderous contract tick away...like a time bomb. While it was ticking...along came the $100 mil Mario Williams contract. That makes the Asomugha money pale in comparison.

Now the Revis camp had all the leverage...Jets had none. They told the Jets that they wanted Williams $100 type money...or Revis walks. Resulting in Jets eating $9 mil 2014 CAP dead money.

There never has been any real negotiations going on for a reasonable landing spot. Cause Revis had Jets by the short hairs.

Revis knew he was going to get his Williams money...either by a Jets capitulation...FA, or through a trade. Like anyone who has a gun put to their head...Jets weren't going to cave in and pay Revis a ransom.

Revis will never play for the Jets in 2013. IMO...Revis expected it to end this way too. Revis will haul in his $100 mil from some other team. And that's all that matters to him.

Nobody who seriously wants to be a Jet for life...would force a contract on them like that. But the Revis camp did. Again... Jets have a $100 mil gun aimed at their heads...and a alternative of $9mil 2014 dead money. So Jets have no choice...but to trade him for whatever they can get...and never look back.

Anyway...IMO...as soon as the ink was dry on that so called band aid extension...that gave Revis all the leverage and the Jets none to bargain with. Revis was never going to end up a Jet for life. And Darelle knew it.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 01-28-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Send him to Denver, with one stipulation, Tebow goes with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

I think we would all like to re-sign Revis between $12-13 million per, but that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

Just because the Bills were stupid enough to give Williams a contract on par with the best QB's in the league today doesn't mean we should do the same with Revis.

And for all the talent Williams has, where did the Bills end up? Once again in the basement of the AFC East for seemingly the umpteenth time this century.
    Interesting thing is if it's done as a redo of his deal a 13.5M/year deal gets him 7.5M extra cash this year. On a 5 year deal, that's 1.5M per year - meaning that signing a deal at 5 years, 67.5M is the equivalent, in new money, to 4 years 61.5M (or 15.4M per).

In other words, this can be a win-win. Jets get Revis at a little above the 12-13M number they probably would be comfortable with (but little enough above it not to hurt), and Revis gets to claim he broke the system and is being paid as a top defender and not just a CB.

Jets Insider VIP

Revis to the Bucs seems logical

A team with a huge need at CB and will have almost $50 million in cap space to work with.

There's a lot of talk that they would jump all over Milliner if he falls to #13, but that seems unlikely.

Personally, I'm all in favor of an even swap of Revis for the 13th overall pick. They get the best CB in the game with plenty of cap room to sign him longterm and we get another high 1st round pick to bolster the rest of the team.

#9: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

#13: OLB Barkevious Mingo - LSU

Yeah, that looks nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think we have enough Revis threads, good work.

Unless Warmack is a lock, I wouldn't take a Guard with the 9th pick. Mock drafts have him going 10-16 (about) right now, so I'd probably take the BAP in the scenario.

Getting 1 pick for Revis, albeit #13, is very low. I would expect something else as well, possibly a 2014 pick or something (perhaps a player?).

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think this one touches on the draft, and what possible needs the Jets can acquire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    What the hell else is there to talk about?

Wesley Walker eating through a straw?

Jets Insider VIP
    Unless Warmack is a lock, I wouldn't take a Guard with the 9th pick. Mock drafts have him going 10-16 (about) right now, so I'd probably take the BAP in the scenario.

Getting 1 pick for Revis, albeit #13, is very low. I would expect something else as well, possibly a 2014 pick or something (perhaps a player?).
    As far as OL go, Warmack is as close to a lock as you can get.

I've said it before, he doesn't just have pro-bowl upside, he has John Hannah/Mike Munchak "holy sh*t this guy is the most dominant interior OL of his era" upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    It made it to me. I just think he'd $12 mil/season now, rather than waiting for next year to get his pay day. we'll see.
    I wonder if the knee injury will affect Revis and what he'd be willing to take. He is one serious 2013 injury away from blowing it all and his 2012 experience shows him how serious injuries can come out of nowhere. Maybe he got perspective and will take the $12 million or so now rather than gamble it all for what others might offer him after next season.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Toss in next seasons 2 as well and I'm in

Our

As far as OL go, Warmack is as close to a lock as you can get.

I've said it before, he doesn't just have pro-bowl upside, he has John Hannah/Mike Munchak "holy sh*t this guy is the most dominant interior OL of his era" upside.
    If he became that good, put him between Brick and Mangold, and you and I would run for 1,000 yards.

But really, we wouldn't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Interesting thing is if it's done as a redo of his deal a 13.5M/year deal gets him 7.5M extra cash this year. On a 5 year deal, that's 1.5M per year - meaning that signing a deal at 5 years, 67.5M is the equivalent, in new money, to 4 years 61.5M (or 15.4M per).

In other words, this can be a win-win. Jets get Revis at a little above the 12-13M number they probably would be comfortable with (but little enough above it not to hurt), and Revis gets to claim he broke the system and is being paid as a top defender and not just a CB.
    Hey, if we can work that out then it's fine by me.

I just have very little confidence in us being able to lock up Revis longterm without breaking the bank and sacrificing our ability to improve the offense over the next 2-3 years.

would not do any deal for Revis that doesn't start with 3 picks. Would consider TB for #13, but they would need to throw in next year's one, or next year's two and three to even be considered. We'll need that flexibility next year when there will be more qb's for the offering.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

another revis thread??????????????????????????

merge them all.

Jets Insider VIP

Before we jump the gun....have we scouted UMASS and Kentucky?

You know, we had so much drafting success there.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Hall Of Fame
    A team with a huge need at CB and will have almost $50 million in cap space to work with.

There's a lot of talk that they would jump all over Milliner if he falls to #13, but that seems unlikely.

Personally, I'm all in favor of an even swap of Revis for the 13th overall pick. They get the best CB in the game with plenty of cap room to sign him longterm and we get another high 1st round pick to bolster the rest of the team.

#9: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

#13: OLB Barkevious Mingo - LSU

Yeah, that looks nice.
    Are they changing defenses? Revis would be wasted in a zone cover scheme.

trade revis and our defense will suck just like our offense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Before we jump the gun....have we scouted UMASS and Kentucky?

Well played CPA!