Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 481

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

  1. #441
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Yeah, but nobody gives a f*ck what you say.
    Mrs Guido?

  2. #442

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Has anyone ever seen the crazy formula these use to determine comp picks?
    From what i gather the new old team gets a 3rd if the FA signs a deal close to the franchise tag amount and then it gets scaled back all the way to a 7th based on the salary recieved. 32 picks are awarded each year.

    Then it is adjusted downward by the value of the FA signed by the team that lost the star.

    It is further adjusted downward if the old team signs more FA than they lost that year.

    When Faneca went to the jets all Pitt got was a 5th, even though he signed a contract making him the highest paid guard

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Yeah, but nobody gives a f*ck what you say.
    Well, there IS that.....


    Everybody but Tx that is....


    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Mrs Guido?

    Sadly, her neither.

  5. #445
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,711
    So.....

    The New York Jets spent around $11.5 million dollars last year or around 9% of the entire salary cap on Darrelle Revis.

    What did we get for our money?

  6. #446

    Schefter Revis Trade Comments

    From rotoworld:


    Appearing on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Adam Schefter suggested the Jets trade Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith and a second-round pick.
    Schefter was just spitballing with Mike and Mike, not reporting. The Jets desperately need quarterback help, Alex Smith is on the block and everyone would be interested in a healthy Revis. The ultra-deep Niners are even in a position to take a one-year flier on Revis, who is due just $6 million in 2013 -the final year of his contract.


    I would say Smith, 1st and 4th.

  7. #447
    Alex Smith = Mark Sanchez

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    From rotoworld:


    Appearing on ESPN Radio Tuesday morning, Adam Schefter suggested the Jets trade Darrelle Revis for Alex Smith and a second-round pick.
    Schefter was just spitballing with Mike and Mike, not reporting. The Jets desperately need quarterback help, Alex Smith is on the block and everyone would be interested in a healthy Revis. The ultra-deep Niners are even in a position to take a one-year flier on Revis, who is due just $6 million in 2013 -the final year of his contract.


    I would say Smith, 1st and 4th.
    Agreed. One pick and Alex Smith isn't going to cut it.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Alex Smith = Mark Sanchez
    Except Smith is more accurate than Sanchez.

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Alex Smith = Mark Sanchez
    Smith is much better than Sanchez.

  11. #451
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,761
    Since when is Revis getting traded?

  12. #452
    Lol at Schefter. He pulls this crap out of his rear end. Sure, lets trade away an all time great CB for a QB that will be released and the last pick in the 2nd round.

    I don't envision much of a bidding war for Alex Smith's services if/when he is cut.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    So.....

    The New York Jets spent around $11.5 million dollars last year or around 9% of the entire salary cap on Darrelle Revis.

    What did we get for our money?
    A 3rd round comp pick in the 2014 draft?

  14. #454
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,744
    Revis on the Niners would be UNREAL!

    With that being said that is a horrible trade. There has to be some team with a top 10 #1 pick in the future that is willing to bite.....

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Smith is much better than Sanchez.
    No he's not...

  16. #456
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,601
    If the jets trade revis for Alex smith Wow. I might stop being a jets fan .

  17. #457
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    If the jets trade revis for Alex smith Wow. I might stop being a jets fan .
    Would you rather have a viable QB option to Sanchez or a 4th-to-7th round comp pick for Revis?

    That's how bad Tanny tied the Jets hands.

  18. #458
    Alex Smith's career QB rating is barely 7 points higher than Sanchez, and the guy is going into his 9th year.

  19. #459
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    If the jets trade revis for Alex smith Wow. I might stop being a jets fan .
    Yeah, can't live with that, no ****ing way. Smith can't win a Superbowl, don't even want him on the team much less trade the best player we've ever had for him.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Alex Smith = Mark Sanchez
    Smith's Wonderlic score was a zip code higher than Mark's.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us