Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have a crush on her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff8VuYjJcZ0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    let go of the past bro, Revis is all about Revis, not you, me or the Jets. Him and his money grubbing uncle can go scratch their ass. I'll take the 4th or 5th best CB with a good attitude than a Meevis. And I own a #24
    Good. You can take all the good ol boys, and I'll take the selfish pricks who can actually play.

See who wins that game.

You "Mevi$" guys sound so clueless to the reality of the NFL. By the way, his attitude on Sundays is perfect. He leaves the contract stuff to the agents. When he plays, he's a great teammate and nobody has ever questioned his effort or performance on Sunday.

Nobody in the NFL, well most anyway, don't give a crap about the teams they play for. They care about money. This is their job. They are not fans and fans like you can't seem to grasp that concept.

The Jets have paid a bunch of lousy players way more money than they are/were worth yet you want to let go of the only truly great player on the roster because he wants to be paid what he's worth?

Yeah, it's OK to give Scott and Holmes and Sanchez $50 million (all will be off the books next year, by the way) but when it's time to pay the Superstar, you want to close the check book. Illogical.

Have fun with your team full of scrubby good guys who finish 6-10 every year.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 01-26-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    revis is the type of player you build a team around. unfortunately tanny paid other slugs who arent worth it and now you cant lock up revis.

only idzik can fix this mess.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    revis is the type of player you build a team around. unfortunately tanny paid other slugs who arent worth it and now you cant lock up revis.

only idzik can fix this mess.
    Who builds a team around a CB?

Honestly

When the hell has this EVER been done?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Honestly

jets tried it. didn't work. turns out, having a good qb matters more. go figure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We must keep Revis at all cost!

We've already seen what happens when he's not on the field! Our pass defense will drastically decline from best in the league to 2nd best in the league!

Good God, man!

How will we cope!

What's the use in acquiring all of these extra resources to fix our dogsh*t offense if we can't watch the best CB in the league every Sunday!?!!?!
    You do understand that Revis helps the run D right?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly

the type of player. best at his position superstar.

with revis we are an elite defense without him we are mediocre at best.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    jets tried it. didn't work. turns out, having a good qb matters more. go figure.
    Looked pretty good when we went to AFC Championship games twice. Having Revis didn't have an effect on our front office using the 5th overall pick on a terrible quarterback. If they had instead drafted a different position and signed a decent vet we might have a super bowl.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    You do understand that Revis helps the run D right?
    Our D isn't the problem

It's that piss poor excuse for an offense that we trot out on the field every week.

And I've yet to hear anyone provide a solution to fixing it if we have almost a quarter of our cap tied into our starting CB's alone.

I guess we better start knocking the ball out of the f*cking park on those late round draft picks that have about a 5% chance of being anything more than a special teamer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Looked pretty good when we went to AFC Championship games twice. Having Revis didn't have an effect on our front office using the 5th overall pick on a terrible quarterback. If they had instead drafted a different position and signed a decent vet we might have a super bowl.
    the jets won for many reasons besides revis. start with a fantastic offensive line. that was more important than revis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our D isn't the problem

It's that piss poor excuse for an offense that we trot out on the field every week.

And I've yet to hear anyone provide a solution to fixing it if we have almost a quarter of our cap tied into our starting CB's alone.

I guess we better start knocking the ball out of the f*cking park on those late round draft picks that have about a 5% chance of being anything more than a special teamer.
    I couldn't agree more that our offense needs to be a lot better. I truly believe with a decent QB and system we'd have a massive turn around. The talent isn't great, but with a healthy Braylon and Holmes and Kerely and maybe one OL and add another RB in the mix we could be a middle of the pack O at least.

I agree that tying up that much money at CB is dangerous, but why are more people not clamoring for Cromartie to be traded? He's probably at his all time high in trade value and, unlike Revis, he has never proven he can be consistently dominant. He's a very good corner, but Revis is as elite as elite comes. I just don't think turning around the O and keeping Revis are mutually exclusive.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the type of player. best at his position superstar.

with revis we are an elite defense without him we are mediocre at best.
    Did the Steelers build around Rod Woodson?

Did Atl, San Fran or Dallas build around Deion?

Have the Broncos built around Champ Bailey?

No, they were/are cogs in a f*cking wheel.

You don't build a champion around a CB, regardless of how great he is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our D isn't the problem

You're being distracted by the wrong details not really looking at what matters.

They paid a sh!tty QB elite QB money, that's the problem.

If they draft a QB this year who becomes the starter and who can be the QB they hope he would be, he will be locked up with a friendly deal for 4 years. He will be making a fraction of the money Sanchez was making.

By the way, it's hard to hit on mid/late round picks if the picks are traded away every single year.

The Jets were terrible with building depth through the draft and they have missed on too many high picks... neither of those problems justify letting a great player walk away because he wants to be paid what he's worth, just like every other player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets won for many reasons besides revis. start with a fantastic offensive line. that was more important than revis.
    Of course the Jets won for many reasons, but to say Revis wasn't right up there at the top? Ask Rex why our defenses were so dominant. He allows for an extra guy in the box for blitzing and stopping the run. He completely takes the best receiver out of a game with little help. You don't think it's valuable that Manning targeted his best receiver exactly once?! Come on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our D isn't the problem

it's amazing to me, that even as we all watch the playoffs and see these dynamic offenses with multiple weapons and heady, clutch, talented qbs, people worry more about trading one cornerback. i'm sitting here hoping the jets go offense in the first 3 rounds, maybe taking guys like corderelle patterson and jawan jamison, thinking the jets may actually win if they can score.

rex ryan has done this fanbase a grave disservice, convincing many that that best way to win football games in today's nfl is to prevent the other team from scoring, rather than outscoring your opponent. go ask jim harbaugh why he benched an efficient alex smith, he'll have a different take. go ask belichick if he agrees.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's amazing to me, that even as we all watch the playoffs and see these dynamic offenses with multiple weapons and heady, clutch, talented qbs, people worry more about trading one cornerback. i'm sitting here hoping the jets go offense in the first 3 rounds, maybe taking guys like corderelle patterson and jawan jamison, thinking the jets may actually win if they can score.

rex ryan has done this fanbase a grave disservice, convincing many that that best way to win football games in today's nfl is to prevent the other team from scoring, rather than outscoring your opponent. go ask jim harbaugh why he benched an efficient alex smith, he'll have a different take. go ask belichick if he agrees.
    So they can't draft those players if they re-sign Revis? Yeah, that makes sense.

1-Patterson
    2-Jamison
    3-EJ Manuel

There you go. Offense with first 3 picks, without trading Revis.

And if those guys have impacts similar to Julio Jones, Ray Rice and Russell Wilson, the Jets are contenders next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Here's what I don't understand.

If Rex is such a genius defensive guru, then why the hell do we need studs all over the place to field a Top 10 defense?

I thought Rex was able to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t?

This offense needs a total overhaul and we have people b*tching because we don't want to pay a CB, who we got along just fine without last season, Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money.

It's ridiculous.

Fix this goddamn offense already.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So they can't draft those players if they re-sign Revis? Yeah, that makes sense.

1-Patterson
    2-Jamison
    3-EJ Manuel

There you go. Offense with first 3 picks, without trading Revis.

And if those guys have impacts similar to Julio Jones, Ray Rice and Russell Wilson, the Jets are contenders next year.
    All three could and thats the big question could be great. Truth be told has any team ever hit on 3 draft picks in one year like that when at least 2 were not early round one guy's ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Here's what I don't understand.

If Rex is such a genius defensive guru, then why the hell do we need studs all over the place to field a Top 10 defense?

I thought Rex was able to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t?

This offense needs a total overhaul and we have people b*tching because we don't want to pay a CB, who we got along just fine without last season, Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning money.

It's ridiculous.

Fix this goddamn offense already.
    Unless there is a Revis for Rodgers deal in the works, I don't see any reason to trade him.

They aren't fixing the offense without getting a QB, and the only way they will get a QB is to draft one. They have an opportunity to draft a QB this year, and that has no affect on the re-signing of Revis.

The offense will be fixed the moment they draft a good QB. Signing Revis does not prevent them from drafting a QB and trading him does not ensure they get the QB who will fix this team.

My point is, there is no guarantee that trading him fixes anything. At the same time, keeping him does not prevent them from finding a QB.

I really don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocajetfan68 View Post
    All three could and thats the big question could be great. Truth be told has any team ever hit on 3 draft picks in one year like that when at least 2 were not early round one guy's ?
    How about the 74 Steeler draft?? Lynn Swan,Jack Lambert,John Stallworth and Mike Webster.. That was 1-5 they had 2 4's that year..