Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Mark Sanchez and a slew of Burn outs have cost us Revis?(merged REVIS x 100)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You are right....... "COULD"
    I know what we should do. Give Revis $50 million a year b/c we like him and he's a HOF player. Then play the other 50 guys a little over $1 million a year. We may not be good but who cares really b/c at least we can tell our friends that Revis is on our team. That's way better then winning a super bowl.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I see NO LEGIT reason to pay him Mario Williams money.

It will hurt this team for 5 years.

A CB tying up say 7 to 10 percent of the cap?

If you agree with this it MUST be emotional.

Find me a defensive player worth that? Oh...Mario Williams, That's right.

Texans say hello.
    Texans say hello? Lol. Never understood that stupid saying.

Of course they let him walk. They had the pieces already. There is no way to tell what a contract will do to a team over the next 5 years. There are two sides and we fall on each side. Nothing wrong with that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I know what we should do. Give Revis $50 million a year b/c we like him and he's a HOF player. Then play the other 50 guys a little over $1 million a year. We may not be good but who cares really b/c at least we can tell our friends that Revis is on our team. That's way better then winning a super bowl.
    Awesome.

Banned
    What's more important. 1 proven piece or zero?
    How many Division titles, AFC Championships and Super Bowl victories has Revis delivered playing for the Jets?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How many Division titles, AFC Championships and Super Bowl victories has Revis delivered playing for the Jets?
    What does that have to do with anything?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

We got one DT with Chaddy and another with Vinny.. Oh you mean CB's?? Never mind...

Banned
    You're joking, right?

So in your mind, it is better for the Jets to draft a home-grown HOF player (yea, yea! we have a HOF player!!!!!!!!!!!!!) than it is for the Jets to compete for the Super Bowl.

EVERYTHING!!

All League
    You're joking, right?

So in your mind, it is better for the Jets to draft a home-grown HOF player (yea, yea! we have a HOF player!!!!!!!!!!!!!) than it is for the Jets to compete for the Super Bowl.
    Oh I get it. We should trade every person on our team for someone else that has made it to a Super Bowl. I like it. Glad you are here to she'd light on it. Better get trading away Gronk then huh?

And like I said before, I could care less if he is a future HOF'er. You don't keep people for the sake of bragging that you have the best. Every person in favor of trading revis uses this point when talking about people who want to keep him. Makes no sense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    EVERYTHING!!
    Sorry, but no. You can't trade away every person on your team for another person at that position that has been in a Super Bowl. Won't happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Oh I get it. We should trade every person on our team for someone else that has made it to a Super Bowl. I like it. Glad you are here to she'd light on it. Better get trading away Gronk then huh?

And like I said before, I could care less if he is a future HOF'er. You don't keep people for the sake of bragging that you have the best. Every person in favor of trading revis uses this point when talking about people who want to keep him. Makes no sense.
    I think 90% want to keep him if he signs a reasonable contract I know I do. The difference is the Revis Raving maniacs want to keep him at any cost because they love him so much..

Jets Insider VIP

LOL

No, it's pretty clear that guys like you and GMC are obsessed with having a HOF player on the team.

Otherwise you wouldn't be condoning giving a CB a contract on par with the Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's of the league.

That simply defies logic and is just...well...retarded, quite frankly.

Banned
    Sorry, but no. You can't trade away every person on your team for another person at that position that has been in a Super Bowl. Won't happen.
    Who said trade away "every" player.

The point you are completly missing is you have one player who would cripple the Jets financially and plays the CB position. It's not like Revis is a DE/OLB who can completly disrupt opposing offenses.

He shuts down one friggn' guy, that's it.

Would you trade Revis straight up for JJ Watt?
    Last edited by PatsFanTX; 01-27-2013 at 12:26 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think 90% want to keep him if he signs a reasonable contract I know I do. The difference is the Revis Raving maniacs want to keep him at any cost because they love him so much..
    I want to keep at the right cost or trade for players, not picks. He is a great player, but I'm not for having him at an enormous amount. We don't really know for sure what we can get him for. There are rumors, but that's all.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

No, it's pretty clear that guys like you and GMC are obsessed with having a HOF player on the team.

Otherwise you wouldn't be condoning giving a CB a contract on par with the Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's of the league.

What part of what I said don't you get? I don't want him at any cost. If reasonable then yes. I don't want to trade for picks tho. Players yes.

That is not being obsessed with a player. I'm willing to let him go, but not for peanuts.

Get it now?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

david harris needs his contract restructured.

I really people had a better understanding of the game before they say dumb sh1t like this

David Harris is fine...as a matter of fact he was much better late in the season.

Why? Because he got his nose guard back. Pouha

Pouha allows Harris to do his thing at LB'er. A solid NG allows that

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I would have to check but I think Revis may have had better money years then Big Ben.. His base salary last year was 900,000 thank goodness for the bonus's.. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburg...oethlisberger/

All League
    Who said trade away "every" player.

The point you are completly missing is you have one player who would cripple the Jets financially and plays the CB position. It's not like Revis is a DE/OLB who can completly disrupt opposing offenses.

He shuts down one friggn' guy, that's it.

Would you trade Revis straight up for JJ Watt?
    Yes I would trade him for JJ. In a heartbeat. But I do not want to trade for just picks.

Veteran
    Let me know when we draft a HOF QB, then and only then should we move heaven and earth to pay him. But then again most QB's take less in order for the team to be able to surround him with talent. Something Revis would never consider.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

David Harris is fine...as a matter of fact he was much better late in the season.

Harris is the highest paid ILB in the NFL.

He certainly doesn't play like one.